Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Favorite Fictional Species

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
What is your favorite fictional species from anything? My favorite concept is the Centaur.

Posted Image
I mean, thats just awesome =D
(art by http://sullivan.deviantart.com/)

Do members think we will recreate these imaginative concepts that exist today will come into fruition with genetic engineering or some other form of creation in the future? I would not want to create a conscience due to ethical problems, just experience a new body type for a while. Perhaps it could all be done virtually to put a limit potential problems. Virtual reality would probably advance enough to where you could not tell the difference between real world and simulated.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,748 posts
  • LocationLondon
"WE ARE THE BORG. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."

Posted Image

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl

Do members think we will recreate these imaginative concepts that exist today will come into fruition with genetic engineering or some other form of creation in the future? I would not want to create a conscience due to ethical problems, just experience a new body type for a while. Perhaps it could all be done virtually to put a limit potential problems. Virtual reality would probably advance enough to where you could not tell the difference between real world and simulated.

I definitely think that this will be a possibility but not in the near future it will take a couple hundred years before ppl are comfortable with the idea. People are debating over abortion and test tube babies now so its gonna take a while before they accept cloning whole bodies.

As for my favorite species since somebody already took the Borg. I will have to go with Fringe's Observers, The Adjustment Bureau's Angels, and Stichin's/ the Bible's nephilim (if they are in fact fictional...)
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
Aliens (Alien) Formics (Ender's Game) Octospiders (Rama) Zerg (StarCraft)
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon

"WE ARE THE BORG. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR SHIPS. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."

Posted Image

hahaha

not sure what's mine, I have too many, all of them I guess have specail meaning to me, but I kind of like Minabri of Babyon 5 and star trek Vulcan, although I am also partial towards Andorians and Bolians :D

Posted Image
It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Shimmy

Shimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
My favourite was whatever Bugenhagen was in final fantasy 7. As far as I could tell the top half of his body was human and the bottom half was a flying green ball and he lived for like a thousand years or something? And apparently his grandchildren were cats, but i'm not sure that's related to what he is or what his wife was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users