Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What do you fear the most about the future?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Sounds like the movie Terminator

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

except the machines don't actually do anything. That's whats so ironic. The non-transhumanists would have to strike before the trans-humanists actually merged or built these artilects.

In other words we dont ever reach a singularity or build AI because the rest of the world thinks its too dangerous, and therefore banns it or engages in a war of elimination in order to save humanity.

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Greatest fears for the future: 1. Not living to see it 2. The period between relative abundance and post-scarcity.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationSlocan Park, BC
The decline/extinction of so many different animal species and their habits.

Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

One big fear I have is the delayed progression in research of the fields necessary to develop brain computer interfaces and eventually brain data transfer. I really don't want 50 years from now to have the same progression speed we've had within the past 10 years. I'm worried about if I'm going to die before I can see all the advancements in technology, and also live in it. I'm worried about if I'm not going to be able to afford the brain data transfer when it comes out. I'm worried about how much it's going to cost to go into space 100 years from now. I'm worried about how I'm going to defend myself in space by myself. And most of all, I'm worried about if the existence of everything we know is just a simulation brought on by another race, and that at any time they could pull the plug and end everything we know. That's why, when I'm in a computer, I'm going to live in a time speed trillions of times faster then real life, so that whenever our existence ends, it would have been so long I would have done everything imaginable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users