Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When would first person would live 130, or more years?

extreme longevity

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

raxo2222

raxo2222

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.
Our lifespans are increasing at accelerating rate due to advances in technology.

Current oldest person Jeanne Calment, that was verified, lived 122 years.

Besse Cooper is now 116 years old, so if we are lucky, first person to live 130 years will be in 14 years - 2026 year.

I took data from here: http://en.wikipedia....ved_individuals

But I'll would bet, that we'll see 130 year old person between 2030 - 2040 year.
140 years - 2050 seems good date for it.

Edited by raxo2222, 12 September 2012 - 09:25 AM.

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,507 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
First person to live at least 1,000 years has already been born.
What are you without the sum of your parts?

raxo2222

raxo2222

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

First person to live at least 1,000 years has already been born.

I know, that me ;) - JOKE :D, that person is born somewhere in '60s of XX century.

But I wonder when we can sing Happy Birthday to person, that is 130 years old :)

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
I imagine we'll see 130 in the next twenty or thirty years, it really does look like 120s are a hump in the path that may be hard to get past. But Between some people who would make it into their one hundred teens on their own and add some of the new techniques being available soon we might have to wait for somebody currently hitting eighty to make it that far. But keep in mind that the first person to do so will likely be the only person to do so for a while. Just like making it to 120 has only seen a very few people thus far. But we are looking at an increase elsewhere too, like people who would have naturally only made it to 82 making past 100. and with those extra 20 years we should be able to get an organ printer to work for a few of the major life function organs and print up younger healthy replacement parts, and be able to give medicine that recreates the chemistry of a younger healthier body. so after the first there may only be a decade or two wait, before larger number of people make it, and then in a few more years it will start looking like the 100s do today. But getting to that first one is the trick. and I hope we make it happen by the 2020s. along with other health breakthrough I'm looking for, I'd like to see it as giving me the potential to have ninty five years more life at least. because ninty five years from now we really aught to be in a place where I'll be just coming out of infancy and the universe will be wide open for the exploration.
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Our lifespans are increasing at accelerating rate due to advances in technology.

Current oldest person Jeanne Calment, that was verified, lived 122 years.

There's now evidence that Calment faked her birthday. 

https://www.liebertp...9/rej.2018.2167

I don't think we'll see the first human live past 130 until late this century. 

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

If I die it shall be in vain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
Even if she didn't live to 122- which I'm not saying she didn't- there are people who lived close enough to 120 that it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

Today we have the first 118 year old alive in over 20 years.
The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth.

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Between 2030 and 2040. I agree with raxo2222.

Erowind

Erowind

Kronstadt sailors did nothing wrong!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Given that human civilization is very old and we don't have solid records going back very far I'd imagine the first human to live to 130 already has. Current supercentenarians already get by mostly by the grace of their genetics and low stress lives. There's no way to verify this of course, but statistically it wouldn't surprise me if some noblemen/women long lost to written history lived to 130 or even a bit older.

In terms of recorded history sometime between 2026-2040 sounds reasonable. There again though, countries haven't accurately tracked birth records globally until recent history. There's nothing saying there isn't a 130 year old person out there right now in some country without accurate records.

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

It would sure be interesting to talk with a 130+ years old person.

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

If you believe Japanese myths and history, first ruler of Japan - Emperor Jimmu lived for 126 years.

For a transhumanist, it doesn't seem that long, but in 585 BC it had to be very long.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Not happening without successful/effective anti-aging technology. Living to age 125 might be possible without such technology, but possibly not living to age 130+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users