Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How Could Future Technologies Impact Lucid Dreaming?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,624 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
I remember an article that dealt with the idea of our dreams being recorded by way of neurotech, as well as having this technology 'awake' us while dreaming a la lucid dreaming, except without binaural beats or having to wake up 4 hours before you usually do. It also claimed that we could then save our dreams, and even open the possibilities of being in other people's dreams, having dream "celebrities", and the like- at which point, dream movies and a "Dream Hollywood" could arise.. And, of course, should we be able to control our dreams, or at least consciously act in them, this very well may usher in a modern Renaissance. You can think all day- the difference between a dream and a thought is like the difference between a 3D HD Blu-Ray to an 1890s stereoscopic movie, and then some. Sounds very much like what full immersion virtual reality would do, probably with as much control. For all we know, this could be the way we achieve full immersion virtual reality. So I ask this- how could future technologies and progress in neuroscience impact lucid dreaming?

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
i would not want to dream movies or dream hollywood until we perfectly understand the science of dreaming in relation to our overall health and brain function.
  • Lily likes this

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
I've always felt my dreams were movie-like and wanted a way to record them to make money off of it. If we could get our much-needed sleep but still "play" or even learn there would be a lot of people interested.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
http://sleepwithremee.com/
have a look on this website...it may interest you

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
$95 for eye cover with couple of diodes?
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

$95 for eye cover with couple of diodes?

yes. i found out about this on FB months ago...I already posted about this lol and you said you wanted one..
but i was of the same pareer until I saw the video on this site yesterday. It is an hoax to me but many others say no..
Anyway
in the future these same guys are planning to find a way to make you decide your dreams and make you dream evertime we sleep.
that would be amazing, 7 hours a day of our life wouldnt be lost..but like many other things... i think if this is possible no one should over abuse of it.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
I wanted it but not for $95. :D I have no idea if it's hoax. I guess some people may react to that others may not. I remember few cases when I incorporated outside sounds into my dreams, so I think it's possible that lights shining right into my eyes could appear in my dream. Would I incorporate them into it, or would I realisie that it's a dream and summon Monica Bellucci? Dunno. :)
  • Italian Ufo likes this
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063
I could imagine neuroscientists taking a cue from the dreaming process and leveraging it to induce lucid dreaming. That could be an incredibly fruitful industry--just pay the $95 for your eye covers or implants or what have you, and your mind does the rest. The one time I realized I was dreaming, I stole the nearest car and headed for Las Vegas. Too bad I didn't realize dream world money has to stay in the dream world. How about the effect dream-inducing technology would have on the prison system, i.e. Minority Report?
Humanity's destiny is infinity

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
My cousin has the Zeo EEG Headband http://www.myzeo.com...mobile-pro.html it's $99, but it reads his brain activity to see when he's in a dream. He says that his dreams are more vivid and he is getting lucid more often. I've only had 3 lucid dreams, but they all ended almost instantly. I think it would be amazing to always be able to lucid dream, it'd be VR in your sleep.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

MoPawnch

MoPawnch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas Wilderness
Sup cuz. Yeah it helps a lot especially since it wakes you at the perfect moment using smart alarm to help you wake up feeling well rested. If you combined this headband with a lucid dreaming app (Alexander Stone made a good one), you can make W.I.L.D, D.I.L.D, and dream recall timers. Thing is awesome, I got it on ebay for around $82 If you can find one with lights to trigger a D.I.L.D, you got it made. A lot more pricey though (kinda stupid to jack up the price for a couple of flashlights).

Edited by MoPawnch, 20 November 2012 - 03:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users