Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Hyperdrives

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
Is anyone else saddened by the fact that FTL hyperdrives are not likely possible. I like the hyperdirve or slipspace concepts in stargate or halo. Those appeared to take the ship out of normal space and into some sort of hyperspace where they could go FTL. Do you think theres is some sort of other dimensional space like slipspace that could allow individual ships to move at incredibly fast speeds? Other more likely concepts for qucik long distance travel include wormholes. It all would probably take alot of power.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Am I right to think that the concept of a 'slip drive' allows a spaceship to "slip" or go into a different dimension/universe/what ever, where it can move at speeds which can be infinite? I have heard a few versions of the idea, not really sure which one is the best to go with.

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
Slip space, yah. Go into another dimension to go at vary fast speeds.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
I think there still needs to be many, many, MANY.. years more research done before something like that could even remotely be possible. Understanding dimensions and being able to access the one you need is of course something which is super important here. I think that it could be possible, depending on certain things and then there are things which we don't even know about yet of course. A giant unknown really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users