Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A solution for global warming?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
http://www.explainin...solar_sail.html

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Posted Image

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I say we just detonate a bunch of nuclear weapons and create a nuclear winter that would cancel out global warming.

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
Futurama FTW
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
Kombaticus, you fool! A far more efficient and safer way of handling global warming would be to dump a giant ice cube into the ocean every year! Only the ice cube needs to be bigger every time we need it, thus ending global warming once and for all.
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Kombaticus, you fool! A far more efficient and safer way of handling global warming would be to dump a giant ice cube into the ocean every year! Only the ice cube needs to be bigger every time we need it, thus ending global warming once and for all.

But...

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
i think the idea of a solar pannel would be great. soon or later we will have to implement it.

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
It would be useful as far as controlling the actual rise in temperature, but long term, we would still need to address the root cause: greenhouse gasses. It would be much better to have the climate naturally in equilibrium. Plus, a sun shade wouldn't address the issue of ocean acidification, so it's not going to be the ultimate solution.
  • wjfox likes this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

It would be useful as far as controlling the actual rise in temperature, but long term, we would still need to address the root cause: greenhouse gasses. It would be much better to have the climate naturally in equilibrium. Plus, a sun shade wouldn't address the issue of ocean acidification, so it's not going to be the ultimate solution.

Yes i thought of these issues as well.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!

Before building a giant space-mirror, we should set our sights on something more feasible, like air filters. Line solar/wind-powered filters along the sides of highways, soaking up exhaust from the cars and surrounding atmosphere. Maybe even make some flying air filters so they can cover more ground. (I don't know how they would be designed, I'm an animator not an industrial designer). Maybe attach wind-powered air filters to weather balloons?
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users