Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

when do you think we will get a pharmaceutical treatment that will make feel us good as "God"?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
I am talking about of a thurapetical drug that dosent have many side effects.
A drug that will be sold in pharamacies and prescribed by medical doctors.
A drug that after a single injection can last from 3 to 6 months and that it will give to a 50s old the energies of a 16.
A drug that will get rid of anxiety feelings, depression, anger,boredom, frustration or any other negative emotional states.
A drug that will make us feel in a cheerfull state and make us feel very happy constantly.
A drug that will help us to be more curios and innovative.
A drug that will help us to socialize more.
A drug that will be 50 times more powerful then current Prozac pills.

When do you think this will happen? while I am sure that this will happen later in the future by gene modification or therapies or with transumanism..I'd like to know if we can get a "drug short cut" within few decades or years
what do you guys think about this ?
it would be nice to see they already talk about a similar drug in the medical comunity. References about this case would be good to have so we may talk about this drug in the timeline.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Italian Ufo, 16 November 2012 - 08:20 AM.

King of Ace

King of Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
yup using this drug will let NWO/UN taking over easily with no stress because people wont be depression,anger and frustration or any other negative about their poison our water and food.

I am not a fan of S.T show "just don't like it" ,Its boring like hell but I love to see cool technology in coming years.

i don't live in really great english countries like some you guys, im alittle indian,chinese,enbgrish ,mexican, leaf village and soul society .

Jerry

Jerry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Speaking as someone who's suffered Bipolar and social anxiety disorder most of my life my research leads me to conclude it won't be drugs that give these breakthroughs but the use of neurofeedback devices and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation / Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. I'm getting a neuro feedback device ( http://www.indiegogo.com/interaxonmuse ) and currently looking at buying or building a tDCS device ($100 vs $700). It appears by the end of the decade that TMS/tDCS will be in widespread use for severe cases and trickle down from there. Success from a recent study shows 33% of users show no improvements, 33% show some and the last 33% showing major improvements. So hope is definitely on the way for everything you listed, and truthfully I can't be more excited. It's a damn shame the stigma of all this is still around, I was diagnosed 10 years ago on my 18th birthday and try to be open about it. I once told a woman who feared I might kill her because I was bipolar, it's not an uncommon reaction unfortunately :/ I really should have linked some references and sources, but hopefully this is a good start to kick things off :)

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Speaking as someone who's suffered Bipolar and social anxiety disorder most of my life my research leads me to conclude it won't be drugs that give these breakthroughs but the use of neurofeedback devices and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation / Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.

I'm getting a neuro feedback device ( http://www.indiegogo.com/interaxonmuse ) and currently looking at buying or building a tDCS device ($100 vs $700). It appears by the end of the decade that TMS/tDCS will be in widespread use for severe cases and trickle down from there. Success from a recent study shows 33% of users show no improvements, 33% show some and the last 33% showing major improvements.

So hope is definitely on the way for everything you listed, and truthfully I can't be more excited. It's a damn shame the stigma of all this is still around, I was diagnosed 10 years ago on my 18th birthday and try to be open about it. I once told a woman who feared I might kill her because I was bipolar, it's not an uncommon reaction unfortunately :/

I really should have linked some references and sources, but hopefully this is a good start to kick things off :)

I wish you the best Jerry :)
and women who are afraid of you because you are bi-polar they make no sense to me. Thats shows how much cruel and superficial some women can be nowdays.
Try to find someone who really cares of you and who is close to you when you are experiencing and hard time. It is very rare to find a similar woman but rust me such women exhist in the world. I just wanted to give you a small hint ;) .

Now lets talk about the deviced you showed me on the video you post on here. it looks very cool.
i am just skeptical about few things:

-I am not enterly sure how much stimulation can give to the brain. I mean in order to have "the God" feeling I described, it should go very deep and interact directly with neurological structures of the brain. i don't know if a device like the one you showed could have these potentials.

-Also as you somehow mentioned, people are often stigmatized as "mentally ill" whether they go see a psychologist or a psycho-analyst. Imagine if they constantly were such a device all the time... people would continue to stigmtized visibly and all the time. I am not sure everyone wants to make it public that they have a psychological problem.
So if thats the problem they should invent a device that can be weared temporarily and then removed while preserving the effects.
the other option is to integrate that device into google glasses so that it is less noticble.

Anyway i just wanted to make these conisderation...but thanks for sharing your opinion on this :)

Jerry

Jerry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the kind words Italian! I don't think it's so much cruel as uninformed, which I think is the most widespread disease today ;) Once the average Joe starts caring about facts and logic over emotions/feelings we can move on past many of these issues. Or maybe that's because I'm such a logical person, I'm known as "the Sheldon" among my family and friends :p I should have been a little clearer in my last post. The Neurofeedback device is used to help train your brain, rather than modify it, it's basically tech guided meditation / hypnosis. Helping you to remain calm and focused in intense situations. TMS is the one that can achieve the "god" feeling as you described. Lastly tDCS can be used, among many other things, to reduce frustration. If placed in the right areas it triggers "the zone" effect, where you remain calm and reflexes become automatic, wonder why the military loves it.. It's limitation of only surface area stimulation due to using 0.5-2.0 milli-amps wouldn't produce the god effect, but it's super cheap now and has shown success in a few areas you mentioned. The Neurofeedback device, tDCS and TMS are aimed at being used for 30mins on a daily basis and are slip on/off or "get under" devices. The studies I've been reading had patients show neuroplasticity up to 6 weeks after ceasing a 6 week daily treatment for each one. Though I haven't encountered a study that combined the two (feedback and stimulation) it's an assumption that since both work differently they can be combined to achieve optimal results. There's only one device I'm aware of that's used constantly, Deep Brain Stimulation, but it wouldn't be seen due to being surgically placed inside your skull. You're right in reference to Google glass, neurofeedback will be built into AR for interaction. The Oculus Rift, a VR gaming prototype, is already throwing around the idea of including it in it's commercial debut next year (small mention of the leaked next xbox console having a similar device addon in 2014). I predict neurofeedback will hit mainstream by 2020 with most people either aware of and using it. Which makes it even better as R&D won't come from just big pharma but also from the entertainment industry!

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Thanks for the kind words Italian! I don't think it's so much cruel as uninformed, which I think is the most widespread disease today ;) Once the average Joe starts caring about facts and logic over emotions/feelings we can move on past many of these issues. Or maybe that's because I'm such a logical person, I'm known as "the Sheldon" among my family and friends :p

I should have been a little clearer in my last post. The Neurofeedback device is used to help train your brain, rather than modify it, it's basically tech guided meditation / hypnosis. Helping you to remain calm and focused in intense situations. TMS is the one that can achieve the "god" feeling as you described. Lastly tDCS can be used, among many other things, to reduce frustration. If placed in the right areas it triggers "the zone" effect, where you remain calm and reflexes become automatic, wonder why the military loves it.. It's limitation of only surface area stimulation due to using 0.5-2.0 milli-amps wouldn't produce the god effect, but it's super cheap now and has shown success in a few areas you mentioned.

The Neurofeedback device, tDCS and TMS are aimed at being used for 30mins on a daily basis and are slip on/off or "get under" devices. The studies I've been reading had patients show neuroplasticity up to 6 weeks after ceasing a 6 week daily treatment for each one. Though I haven't encountered a study that combined the two (feedback and stimulation) it's an assumption that since both work differently they can be combined to achieve optimal results. There's only one device I'm aware of that's used constantly, Deep Brain Stimulation, but it wouldn't be seen due to being surgically placed inside your skull.

You're right in reference to Google glass, neurofeedback will be built into AR for interaction. The Oculus Rift, a VR gaming prototype, is already throwing around the idea of including it in it's commercial debut next year (small mention of the leaked next xbox console having a similar device addon in 2014). I predict neurofeedback will hit mainstream by 2020 with most people either aware of and using it. Which makes it even better as R&D won't come from just big pharma but also from the entertainment industry!

You welcome..:-)
well lets see how it turns... just the other day I was thinking that I would like to have again the energy of an 18-19 years old. At that time I would wake up at 7 everyday go to school until 4 and then rugby practice until 10 pm...and after that club...
i could do this for 8 months in a year...such a think would be unthinkble today... i can only do this 3-4 times year...
I preserved the enthusisasm but i dont have the energy.
and of course I 'd like to feel always super powerful all the time...who wouldn't?

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth

I am talking about of a thurapetical drug that dosent have many side effects.
A drug that will be sold in pharamacies and prescribed by medical doctors.
A drug that after a single injection can last from 3 to 6 months and that it will give to a 50s old the energies of a 16.
A drug that will get rid of anxiety feelings, depression, anger,boredom, frustration or any other negative emotional states.
A drug that will make us feel in a cheerfull state and make us feel very happy constantly.
A drug that will help us to be more curios and innovative.
A drug that will help us to socialize more.
A drug that will be 50 times more powerful then current Prozac pills.

When do you think this will happen? while I am sure that this will happen later in the future by gene modification or therapies or with transumanism..I'd like to know if we can get a "drug short cut" within few decades or years
what do you guys think about this ?
it would be nice to see they already talk about a similar drug in the medical comunity. References about this case would be good to have so we may talk about this drug in the timeline.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry, I don't do drugs.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
neither do I.. but the drog i was talking about it was about it shouldnt have any side efffects or only minimum... but i know i am fantasizing...but maybe scientists will be able to do that one day

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Drugs don't imply bad. The brain works with chemicals, and changing them or stimulating parts of it can make a person relaxed, concentrate harder, or cure depression. There is a difference between being doped up and stupid and not feeling depressed and having more energy. I don't think it will be very popular until we have simulated reality. We would be able to experience anything in that virtual reality and then in the real world use meditation and get in the "zone" with neurofeedback devices. I would say 2040s

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Drugs don't imply bad. The brain works with chemicals, and changing them or stimulating parts of it can make a person relaxed, concentrate harder, or cure depression. There is a difference between being doped up and stupid and not feeling depressed and having more energy.

I don't think it will be very popular until we have simulated reality. We would be able to experience anything in that virtual reality and then in the real world use meditation and get in the "zone" with neurofeedback devices.

I would say 2040s

not necesserly. drugs can cause problems to the brain especially the ones the some psychiatric prescribe. thats one of the begist critics to this discipline. if I was a psychologist I would very rarely prescribe them.
drugs can cause assuefaction, cardiovascular problems, loss of memory, neuranal damege, and most of all these drugs do not cure....
they are only a paliative..
Some of the side effects of these drugs have been proven other havent been directly demonstrated so they are at center of debate...

i would take the drug i described only if i know that they demostrate that there are not many of these side effects...

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Drug - A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular. Drugs don't only mean cocain or heroine. You were talking about a drug with no bad side-effects. Anything taken to much can be bad for you. A women died from drinking too much water one time.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Drug - A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Drugs don't only mean cocain or heroine. You were talking about a drug with no bad side-effects. Anything taken to much can be bad for you. A women died from drinking too much water one time.

Drug - "A substance that has a physiological effect"= yes it can have side effects. thats what I was talking about.

The rest I all know of course. I wan't born yesterday.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Sorry I misunderstood you
  • Italian Ufo likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members