Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kurzweil: How to Create a Mind

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Fascinating talk by Kurzweil where he discusses his new book. I'm going to go pick it up today! http://fora.tv/2012/...o_Create_a_Mind
  • Craven likes this

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
I want that book so bad, but I has no money and two other books to read.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
00:35 - Very interesting point, that due to hierarchical structure, in the end "subsystem" that interprets things like irony, is just as simple as one that detects shapes. 00:43 - interesting how he talks about Watson, that noone really understands how it works. It's subject that's I'm kinda obsessed with. That there's this "artifactisation" of technology. It becomes more and more complex and at same time more and more simple. At same time we get closer to cutting edge tech, while having less and less understanding of it.
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063
Just started it, digging it so far. The hierarchical structure viewpoint is a central theme. Incredible how deep the significance of that concept is. Knowledge, evolution, the organization of matter...
Humanity's destiny is infinity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users