Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Would you download yourself into an animal for 10 years if you had the opportunity?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
and if yes which animal would you download yourself? and why what would you do?

I always wanted to be an eagle to fly in the sky but once we will be able to do this even as humans i think the capability of this animal will become overrated.

Posted Image

Alternativly: I'd like to be a killerwhale, fast and furios I could explore the oceans and see how it is like to live under the sea.
Posted Image

what are your thoughts about all this ? and when do you think all this will happen? i believe that many humans are going to experience this at some point.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,505 posts
  • LocationLondon
Could you please post topics in the correct section? This is about mind uploading, so it clearly belongs in Science/Tech.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Definitely not for 10 years, maybe a few days

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Could you please post topics in the correct section? This is about mind uploading, so it clearly belongs in Science/Tech.

ok i thought it could fit in the off topic session too...recently we are becoming to strict on things here..i will try my best to not to do wrong things involuntary.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

what kind of animal would you like to be ?

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.
I would be a Dog and Walk, Sleep and Eat every day because you hardly do anything.

Posted Image

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
no

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Probably a small animal to get another perspective. I'd be a spider, eagle and a fox.
  • Italian Ufo likes this

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 7,016 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Probably a small animal to get another perspective. I'd be a spider, eagle and a fox.

Another perspective, hmmm? Yeah! Being hunted by a predator! :biggrin:

But of course, before I download, I will make sure there is a fail safe such as if the predator manages to grab me it'll be electrocuted.

Edited by Raklian, 20 November 2012 - 03:02 PM.

• Italian Ufo likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

MoPawnch

MoPawnch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas Wilderness
Probably a fast animal with good reflexes. Any kind of predator cat of a big size such as a Jaguar, Cheetah, etc. Be awesome to feel untouchable
  • Zeitgeist123 likes this

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Why not use a synthetic animal that is invulnerable? Who says it even needs organs? If I was able to be killed I'd just exist as an animal in vror be a t-rex.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,016 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Why not use a synthetic animal that is invulnerable? Who says it even needs organs?

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of this whole thing?

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Why not use a synthetic animal that is invulnerable? Who says it even needs organs?

Not if it is a really good synthetic copy. I might consider giving it a try, though I would want to make sure it is safe too, and some kind of synthetic of cyborg animal body is the way to go. Otherwise you might get eaten or something, and that isn't cool.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,016 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Not if it is a really good synthetic copy. I might consider giving it a try, though I would want to make sure it is safe too, and some kind of synthetic of cyborg animal body is the way to go. Otherwise you might get eaten or something, and that isn't cool.

Or while becoming eaten by an animal, you could transform yourself into a bacterium and swim through the digestive tract. :)

Having said that, best form of defense is the ability to transform at will into anything you want. Of course, it's an extremely far-flung technology that may not be achievable at all.

shane_allen

shane_allen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationMinnesotta
I was watching squirrels the other day. I would do that for awhile, but only if I get their sense of balance.

Check out /r/futuretimeline and voice you opinion on when various technologies will emerge.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
i would like that in a VR world. id probably change myself into a jaguar or a horse-demon.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Probably a fast animal with good reflexes. Any kind of predator cat of a big size such as a Jaguar, Cheetah, etc. Be awesome to feel untouchable

wow, we have the same preference. id like to be a talking animal, preferably any animal that is fast and sinewy. also who says it will only be limited to animals. how about morphing yourself into an animal, yourself, and any mythical creature-man hybrid or something whenever you prefer in a day.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
No way in hell I'd do 10 years, but I would really enjoy becoming an animal (any kind would be interesting, honestly) for an hour or so.

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales

No way in hell I'd do 10 years, but I would really enjoy becoming an animal (any kind would be interesting, honestly) for an hour or so.

This. I certainly wouldn't want to be an animal for more than about an hour just to try it out.

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
I also would like to be a predator. Being a killer whale I would like to get into confrontation with a shark!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users