Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Future of Mobile Is No Mobile

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
This is a very interesting article. http://thenextweb.co...ture-of-mobile/ Remember when you carried a portable game system, cell phone, mp3 player and if you were lucky - a digital camera? Now any run of the mill phone serves as all and more. Ultimately all of it will exist in your brain. I will post more in the morning, but what impacts will this invisible computing have on us? It will make all computational data (everything, music games communication, etc) as natural and ubiquitous as our five senses are. "Remember when people couldn't augment anything? They had to use tools to take pictures, learn, do anything online or talk across a space farther than shouting distance"

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

This is a very interesting article. http://thenextweb.co...ture-of-mobile/
Remember when you carried a portable game system, cell phone, mp3 player and if you were lucky - a digital camera? Now any run of the mill phone serves as all and more.

Ultimately all of it will exist in your brain. I will post more in the morning, but what impacts will this invisible computing have on us? It will make all computational data (everything, music games communication, etc) as natural and ubiquitous as our five senses are. "Remember when people couldn't augment anything? They had to use tools to take pictures, learn, do anything online or talk across a space farther than shouting distance"

Computers have always been extensions of the human consciousness. When the time comes to integrate this technology with the human brain itself, we are merely improving or making more efficient of what was already existing. This is the next logical step.
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I feel almost helpless when my internet connection is down for 5 minutes. Imagine how much more intense that would be if it was integrated into our senses.

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

Ultimately all of it will exist in your brain. I will post more in the morning, but what impacts will this invisible computing have on us? It will make all computational data (everything, music games communication, etc) as natural and ubiquitous as our five senses are.

The impact on communication itself will be staggering. First we'll be able to send text by thought power. Then the text will disappear and we'll just be thinking to one another. Hive-mind, here we come!
Humanity's destiny is infinity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users