Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hotels to Integrate Sleep-Enhancement Technologies by 2030

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

Within the next two decades, the hotel room will be so technologically advanced that it will almost be alive - fulfilling guests' needs like a personal concierge, lifestyle coach, fitness trainer, psychologist and doctor. Cutting-edge technology will monitor customers' energy levels, physical well-being, emotions and mood to help ensure they achieve a good night's sleep.

From Ehotelier

I think that'll be good for all guests in hotels making sure they have a good night sleep even if they're not at home, What do members think?

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Well, I dunno. I almost feel that would be too much technology. Often when I go on vacations, I do it to get away from it, so I'd likely find this more distracting than anything.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl

Well, I dunno. I almost feel that would be too much technology. Often when I go on vacations, I do it to get away from it, so I'd likely find this more distracting than anything.

Yes, I agree a lot of people go on vacation to get away from technological distractions that are actually programmed to make you stressful no matter how much easier your life appears to be. YOU MUST ANSWER THIS TEXT MESSAGE, type of scenario.

but, I definitely see some of the technology entering higher end five star resorts in the next five-ten years.
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Solar Sail

Solar Sail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNot Mars
I agree, I think it would be a bit strange and distracting to have computers monitoring emotions and energy levels 24/7. Especially emotions, a computer monitoring emotions all the time during a vacation just seems a bit creepy.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -George Bernard Shaw

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales
I assume though that ubiquity would be a big part of this. They'd integrate this technology and have it running, with the vast majority of it being invisible to the occupant. Only if the occupant decides they want to use a particular feature (i.e. fitness coach, etc.) does that particular part become visible.

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users