Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Obesity pill

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
ttp://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57461956-10391704/fda-approves-obesity-pill-belviq-for-obese-overweight-people-with-weight-related-health-problems/ FDA approves obesity pill Belviq for obese, overweight people with weight-related health problems. It dosen't seem very effective to me. Still this isn't a cure for obesity and to be honest it dosent seem any more effective then other treatements. I would like to know when we will have a real treatment for obesity in your guess? like the one that you can eat as much as you wish and dont get fat. I hate being on diet, i am always on diet!

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts
I'm always on a diet too. I can't freaking wait for something to fix the problem. I think there's more promise in gene splicing. It's a genetic problem and I believe if you fix it then you can eat a lot more.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I'm always on a diet too. I can't freaking wait for something to fix the problem.

I think there's more promise in gene splicing. It's a genetic problem and I believe if you fix it then you can eat a lot more.

I will have this procedure done by early next month. They will inject me a ballon without any surgery and then they will take it away after 6 months always without surgery.
I am not over obese but i have been struggling with 15-20 kg more since i stopped playing pro sport. Obesity is also a psycological disturb. there are people who eat less and become anoresic and others who eat a lot to cope with problems.
In my case is contastant joint paints ( which now after years we know a bit more from where they originate) and some stress problems which i am working on pretty well. This what makes me over eat and snack at night but it is something that i control well always if i work on it. The ballon will full my stomach for a while and it will re-educate me too eat.
Also another reason to be fat is that some people where born with more adipose tissues. Genetic it also play a role but it is not so determinant.
I hear all this by the doctor who will perform the procedure. i know since him 1998. He is an excellent doctor who already solved some of my health issues.

Edited by Italian Ufo, 28 November 2012 - 01:29 PM.

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I've lost over 20 pounds in 2 months by eating less than 20 grams of carbohydrate a day, along with some minor calorie restriction. I really don't think a procedure is necessary if the weight isn't life threatening. I actually wonder if a miracle diet pill would be disastrous for the environment. Imagine how much more we (in the first world) will eat if health problems aren't a deterrant. We'll be consuming even more for leisure instead of survival, and I wonder if this will put stress on the meat industry, farmers, etc.

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I've lost over 20 pounds in 2 months by eating less than 20 grams of carbohydrate a day, along with some minor calorie restriction. I really don't think a procedure is necessary if the weight isn't life threatening.

I actually wonder if a miracle diet pill would be disastrous for the environment. Imagine how much more we (in the first world) will eat if health problems aren't a deterrant. We'll be consuming even more for leisure instead of survival, and I wonder if this will put stress on the meat industry, farmers, etc.

Congratulation man...
i lose weight too on and off , hopelly this time i will be able to stabilize for long time.
You also have a very good point in the second sentence. For sure this pill will have some social and enivroomental effects but i am not sure how disastrous they could would be.

Adr

Adr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not against a pill that helps regulate weight, but I'm against a pill that would enable us to eat as much as we want without any drawbacks. I used to weight 120kg, a simple diet plan, and a lot of sport, 40kg were gone. Why can't everybody do this? Why would one need a pill? That's what I'm wondering. Don't get me wrong here, I know some -very few- people can't practice sport, but everybody can decrease the number of calories, and thus lose weight, if I did it, everybody can.. I really hope we will spend more time and money on things like cancer or other bad illnesses that one can't do anything against but suffer a ton.

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
The problem is everyone isn't athletically gifted and after about 18 years of age, organized sports are harder to get into, much less start. I know I could lose a lot of weight doing what you mentioned (diet, exercise) but I'd imagine exercise would shed away some pounds. If I could take a magic pill to be one of those skinny nerds I would do it if only for the fact that when you're skinnier you're more likely to start exercising than if you were say 100 lbs. overweight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users