Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When will the first 20g ram computer hit the market?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts
When will the first 20g of ram capable computer hit the market. I know you can get them up to 16g's of ram today, but when will the first 20 or above be released???

Malgidus

Malgidus

Four Lefts From Reality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationCanada
Unless you use AutoCAD or Photoshop to their maximum extent, you really have no need of anything much more than 8GB. 16GB doesn't hurt, I suppose. Servers with large amounts of RAM are much more useful and have been able to have more than 20GB for a long time. However, if you build your own machine, you are already able to put 8 stick of 8GB RAM in some motherboards for a total of 64GB of RAM. EDIT: One use of this much RAM would be to make a very small but extremely fast "drive" for yourself. But it may be difficult keeping your data with the power off...

Edited by Malgidus, 04 December 2012 - 03:42 AM.

My mind has been torn into Oblivion, is there a way to tear that too? Reach into the Oblivion, and through Zen, tear the Universe anew.

Tradesman by day, [game] programmer by night. Philosopher all day long. @Malgidus |Forest Bear Studios

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
64GB RAM here:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231513

EDIT: I have 16GB on my computer

Edited by SG-1, 04 December 2012 - 03:41 AM.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
I have 32 GB RAM on my computer. It's a trading computer but can be used as a gaming computer as well although that's not its primary function.

www.tradingcomputers.com
What are you without the sum of your parts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users