Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

10 Things That Will Disappear in the Next 110 Years

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
Honestly, I'm already kind of befuddled sometimes that so many people still wear glasses and intend to continue doing so for a number of years more. I had lasik surgery performed the April of 2007, and it's a wonderful thing that I wish more people would take advantage of.

Have you wondered what would happen if your eyes deteriorate further in your elder years? They removed some tissue via ablation (laser). That tissue is not coming back. There is a point where even ablation cannot help.

Hmm, I always just figured I'd get lasic surgery again if my eyes ever went downhill. Does it not work that way? I'll just have to hope that science can save me again if the lasic surgery caused any damage. :p

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

^ I wear contacts & glasses and my vision gets worse year after year.  I'm crossing my fingers for some cheap bionic eyes.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Cancer

AIDS

Diabetes

Wholesale slaughter of animals for food