Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

110 Predictions For the Next 110 Years

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

http://www.popularme...-next-110-years

King of Ace

King of Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

if we really getting life extension ,i can't get my hopes high yet 

I am not a fan of S.T show "just don't like it" ,Its boring like hell but I love to see cool technology in coming years.

i don't live in really great english countries like some you guys, im alittle indian,chinese,enbgrish ,mexican, leaf village and soul society .

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

I think we will live slightly longer on avg...From 78 to 85 by 2035?

We will see. Mostly because of less disease and cures.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I wonder what impact stress will have on longevity.

Recent studys indicate  the higher stress level may  have an impact on longevity.

I forcast that stress level will increase in the next 2 decades.

Less human contact, economic problems, faster society will increease stress levels

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

Recent studys indicate  the higher stress level may  have an impact on longevity.

Less human contact, economic problems, faster society will increease stress levels

More robots=less work

Less human contact? Sometimes having less can be good or bad.

Economic problems, only if we use bad idea's.

I'd say we will find out...IF THE FUTURE IS anything like is being envisioned then I don't understand the high stress.

Edited by Matthew, 19 December 2012 - 12:16 AM.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
Hm, I think those factors could be balanced out by more effective relaxants and antidepressants.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Hm, I think those factors could be balanced out by more effective relaxants and antidepressants.

which make things worst most of the times. antidepressants are full o side-effects. I firmly believe that it is better to work through your head rather then change it with mechanical means.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

More robots=less work

Less human contact? Sometimes having less can be good or bad.

Economic problems, only if we use bad idea's.

I'd say we will find out...IF THE FUTURE IS anything like is being envisioned then I don't understand the high stress.

-if we dont eliminate money system then Robots may replace us from work but they will leave us jobless and indeed without money.

I already see in 2080s people rioting in the street crashing robot police in the stretts.

I am pretty sure that  this will be an epoch of transition in human history.

less human contact? as for now there  many comitting suicide because the reduction of human contact. This one of the side effects of technology. This happens especially in advanced technological countries such a Japan.

I watch this video sometimes ago. it is about a suicide forest in Japan and it talks about this aspect.

Economy has I said it must be improved but that means reforming the entire economic system.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
I dunno, Paxil does wonders for me and comes with absolutely no side-effects for me... so yeah, I don't agree, and it's not too out there to think 20 years might be time enough to release some better medicines, or that 2030s luxuries will also help to counter the new stressors.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
I dunno, Paxil does wonders for me and comes with absolutely no side-effects for me... so yeah, I don't agree, and it's not too out there to think 20 years might be time enough to release some better medicines, or that 2030s luxuries will also help to counter the new stressors.

Right obviously people think this is a fantastic solution.

http://www.drugwatch.com/paxil/

Side effects.

Drugs like that are sometimes responsible for what we have seen in Conneticut few days ago. Many won't agree but there is a substantial body in the medical enviroment that agrees with me.

At the present times, I would rarely prescribe drugs. The best psychologists I met and spoke are  the ones who didn't prescribe any drugs.

I think we are far away to find a chemical or biological solution that will improve mental health for good.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
When I said 'no effects for me,' I just meant that I personally haven't suffered any side-effects after a year of taking it. I might just be lucky, but no amount of expert opinions can change the fact that some people like myself do have good experiences with such medicines. And I didn't mean a permanent solution, just safer medicines, which I don't think should be too ambitious for 20 years.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
When I said 'no effects for me,' I just meant that I personally haven't suffered any side-effects after a year of taking it. I might just be lucky, but no amount of expert opinions can change the fact that some people like myself do have good experiences with such medicines. And I didn't mean a permanent solution, just safer medicines, which I don't think should be too ambitious for 20 years.

just dont take it for too long.  you got to move on at one point if you want an advice.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
Aye. It's helped my emotional health enough that I could likely be weaned off it now, so it worked well as a bridge at least.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

thats good to know I am glad.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
:)

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

Once we can turn farming over to automation and robots. We will be able to design a system where food is far cheaper or free.

Robots don't need to be PAID. So we pay a small tax for the upkeep of our farming robots and they control the drive less trucks to bring the food to us. I could see a day within the next 50 years where robots are in charge of our food supply and loading and off loading.

-Outside of maybe one guy I could see robots doing our farming

-Robots loading our trucks

-Automated trucks hauling our food to stores

-Stores using robots to off load and stock food

Once this day comes then we will feed our population without worry. Sure there will be work, but much of it will be done on the computer or differently to say the least. This work will be needed as we will still need our current system in some ways...

I'd be aiming at a hybrid capitalist/robotic system that assures food for all but allows for a market place and reward for your work. A system that rewards people is the only system that advances humanity. I'll agree with you that feeding your family shouldn't be part of that.

We should be a society that rewards people for coming up for an idea or invention.

School(Primary and college) should be based on the same thing...Yep, someone that works hard and advances should be treated as a worker.

-A lot of being a doctor will of course be robotic within the next 50 years....On the other hand there will always be a human within it over looking and advancing the system.

-Building cars will be nearly completely robotic

-Fast food will be robotic

Edited by Matthew, 19 December 2012 - 02:59 AM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Once we can turn farming over to automation and robots. We will be able to design a system where food is far cheaper or free.

Robots don't need to be PAID. So we pay a small tax for the upkeep of our farming robots and they control the drive less trucks to bring the food to us. I could see a day within the next 50 years where robots are in charge of our food supply and loading and off loading.

-Outside of maybe one guy I could see robots doing our farming

-Robots loading our trucks

-Automated trucks hauling our food to stores

-Stores using robots to off load and stock food

Once this day comes then we will feed our population without worry. Sure there will be work, but much of it will be done on the computer or differently to say the least. This work will be needed as we will still need our current system in some ways...

I'd be aiming at a hybrid capitalist/robotic system that assures food for all but allows for a market place and reward for your work. A system that rewards people is the only system that advances humanity. I'll agree with you that feeding your family shouldn't be part of that.

We should be a society that rewards people for coming up for an idea or invention.

School(Primary and college) should be based on the same thing...Yep, someone that works hard and advances should be treated as a worker.

-A lot of being a doctor will of course be robotic within the next 50 years....On the other hand there will always be a human within it over looking and advancing the system.

-Building cars will be nearly completely robotic

-Fast food will be robotic

I hope it turned that well for us :)

Sometimes I look out of the window at my apartment in Rome and Imagine how the same view will be in 40 years.

I imagine robots taking up the trash, carrying bags and cars without drivers. Which is all cooll.. i just worry for the economy. thats all because today I see in the airports and super market replacing humans with digital machines. We will ceirtainly have another moment of transition where there will be some chaos but hopelly if we do things smartly we can start to enter the golden age.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
:)

Casey I also wonder how old you are ?  you seem pretty young.

it seems very young people seems to go the psychologist more and more today.

But older people that a 17-20 years old going to a psycologist in the 60s and early 80s was unthinkble...

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

I think social unrest is quite possible aimed at getting the government to come to its senses on the uses of new robotic farming and production system. People are going be angry when they still have to worry about feeding their families(2035) and the system will be only charging at a slow rate.  Slow as only one or two big cities will have the full system at first. KIND OF LIKE BROADBAND internet(2002-2004) or 4G (2011-2012).

This is typical. I think by 2060 the full system will be in place within parts of the first world. This anger is going to speed up the rate of the transition when people find out this system will be able to feed our nations for next to nothing.

Edited by Matthew, 19 December 2012 - 03:18 AM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

i dont know why I always have this video in my head when i say that we will be in one era of transition. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users