Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Members' creative projects?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl
This is mainly geared towards the admins, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if members want to hear my ideas and share there's as well that would be cool. I wasn't sure weather or not to put this in suggestions so hopefully in the right place, I think so. As some of you may be aware, I am a very creative person and I love to think about science fiction plots. I have attempted a couple of novels and I have written a few short essays about the future. I am also writing a new novel as another summer hobby of mine. Are members allowed to show off their own creativity of what they think about the future in long form? Note this is not about fan-fiction, and I wouldn't want this forum to become littered with that stuff, there's plenty other forums out there for that! This timeline forum always produces awesome topics and choice debates, but I would like to share some of my ideas and maybe even post of a couple of chapters from my books. If that's ok with everyone.
  • Caiman likes this
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,754 posts
  • LocationLondon

I would like to share some of my ideas and maybe even post of a couple of chapters from my books. If that's ok with everyone.

Of course, feel free to post. :)

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

I would like to share some of my ideas and maybe even post of a couple of chapters from my books. If that's ok with everyone.

Of course, feel free to post. :)

Thanx will!
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
Looking forward to see what's gonna pop up in this thead http://www.futuretim...tyle_emoticons/animate/thumbsup.gif
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Looking forward to see what's gonna pop up in this thead http://www.futuretim...tyle_emoticons/animate/thumbsup.gif

Thanx Actually I'm gonna be posting things all over the forum depending on which topic it relates to. mainly to fictional future so be sure to keep an eye on my name.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Well, this is interesting timing. In November, I participated in the NaNoWriMo writing event and I felt this would be the year I'd do it, and I did. I pushed myself to keep going and complete it and I finished the 50,000 goal with 5 days left to spare. Though my story didn't have an end by then, I kept hammering at it, and for completing the event, one of the prizes was a promo code to get the novel printed. Guess what I got in the mail yesterday? Yep, a printed copy of what I wrote. An actual book which looks really good, and I feel really good about having done it.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Well, this is interesting timing. In November, I participated in the NaNoWriMo writing event and I felt this would be the year I'd do it, and I did. I pushed myself to keep going and complete it and I finished the 50,000 goal with 5 days left to spare. Though my story didn't have an end by then, I kept hammering at it, and for completing the event, one of the prizes was a promo code to get the novel printed. Guess what I got in the mail yesterday? Yep, a printed copy of what I wrote. An actual book which looks really good, and I feel really good about having done it.

That's great man, let me know if you plan to sell it online or something! You can start selling it yourself you know. If that's something you want to profit off of. I know some artists and scientists are weird about making money off their work. But I always say, if you can make money doing what you love, go for it!

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Thanks :) And Yeah, actually it's done through a self-publication tool. I might eventually sell it online through it , which allows access to Amazon, since it's an Amazon company. I'm just not sure I'm entirely comfortable selling though.

That's great man, let me know if you plan to sell it online or something! You can start selling it yourself you know. If that's something you want to profit off of. I know some artists and scientists are weird about making money off their work. But I always say, if you can make money doing what you love, go for it!

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
I'm writing a book now, and hopefully i'll have enough material to post some of it too. It's science fiction tho but a great adventure. i want to hopefully get it published next year??

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
BTW How should i post a few chapter for members to read and review on here?

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Is there a spoiler tag? Maybe use that in order to not clutter the board? And yeah, my novel's an adventure too. It's got a bit of everything. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Steampunk, the premise being that the whole land was once a land of fantasy, but as technology was discovered, it splintered them off into two different cultures, one with beliefs in magic and the other in technology.

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
I'll probably post a couple chapters each week or something to get ppl's feedback. That's cool, that's actually a real theory that could happen. In the future part of the world will embrace technology, while the other half will not. My project is called Genesis and it's about a group of a remaining civilization going off searching for a new planet to colonize. They soon find that the planet that they landed on seems almost too much like home and when they discover a secret on their new home it will re-write their history books It deals with time travel and mysteries about the early past, so there's some hints right there. The title is a hint as well. It's a bit like Lost done right lolz and no stupid flashbacks or unanswered questions in this one!

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
That's really interesting, looking forward to read!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users