Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Predictions of 2030, 2050, 2080

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts
My prediction for 2030, 2050, 2080 for humanity.

The world will be cut into two pieces; the parts of the world that wishes to live within an civiled society and the part that doesn't. That hasn't charged over the past 8,000 years and I don't expect that to charge within the next 70 years. Yes, there will be wars and violence in 2080, sadly, :( I wouldn't be suprised if the world has another world war...Do we survive or not? Our techonology is getting to the point that we may not be so lucky.

Cars will meet the 54 miles/gallon gas standard in 2025. They will become more rounded and made of lighter+stronger matierals by 2030. A new kind of battery will be invented that can hold 5 times the energy and will make the electric car market hold 1/3rds of all cars by 2030 and 50% by 2050. Hygrogen and other forms will be coming out by 2030-2040 period.

1/3rds of all cars in the first world will be driveless by 2050.

10,000 flying cars will be in our skys by 2030

2.5 million by 2050 and 25 million by 2080

Renewable energy will reach 25% of all energy production by 2030 and 40% by 2050 on earth. Windmills 250 meters radius will be built by 2030 for offshore wind farms. Wave farms will become very popular by 2030!

Smart phones will be like trycorders by 2030 on star trek in many ways.

-3d and electrionic paper everywhere. Yes, signs will be made mainly of "electric paper" or holograms by 2030 and 2050 even more so. People can work at a corperaton on one side of the planet and have a robot doing the work on the other hand! 2030-2050! 

NFC will become very typical! Your smart phone will be your wallet!

Internet will become a right and a system will be paid for by tax dollars to cover cities by 2030.

Robots will take over farming, fast food and stoking the market.  This will take humans mostly out of food and make the price of feeding ones family will be cheap or a right for all human beings by 2050.

Robot will ran 3-d printersthat willl be running 80% our industry by 2050!

Medical field will become more robotic by 2050. With 2/3rds of all operations being robotic by 250 and 3/4th being so by 2080...

Cancer by 2050 won't be the killer it is today as nano-bots will destroy it within a few days.

Many diseases that were once killers are not anymore...

Vertical grass hopper like rockets transport human beings from surface to orbit by 2030. There will be two main kinds of surface to orbit transport...1# Vertical grass hopper and 2# Skylon(reaction engine) space planes...The old rocket will likely be on its way out by 2030!

China will land a human on the moon 2028 and on mars by 2038. They will have a base on both by 2080!

India will likely get into it too....

America will likely be collapsing as social strive rips it apart by 2030.

Edited by Matthew, 27 December 2012 - 01:34 PM.

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Most people don't realize that flying cars simply are  not practical for widespread use. And what do you mean under civilized society, one mans civilized society is another man Sodom and Gomorrah

Edited by OunknnownO, 27 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts
Most people don't realize that flying cars simply are  not practical for widespread use. And what do you mean under civilized society, one mans civilized society is another man Sodom and Gomorrah

Syria, North Korea, etc.

By 2030 if anyone of those flying car campanies go to market that 10,000 will be easily made.

Edited by Matthew, 27 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

You realize that nobody will want flying dead traps over their head 0-24

• Casey likes this

skiier4384

skiier4384

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

I don't think flying cars will ever take off. I think with the upcoming Superconductor Revolution towards the end of this century, we'll have hovering cars (like hovering boards in Back to the Future) which will end up being the second major automobile revolution of the 21st century. The first being driverless cars.

I don't agree that 1/3rd of cars in the developed world will be driverless in 2050. That appears to be a very pessimistic estimate. Most [including conservative] future-oriented think tanks believe by 2040 75% of cars in the developed world will be driverless. By 2050, I think it'll be around 80%.

I agree with electronic paper becoming big. Flexible AMOLED screens will soon be found in smartphones as early as next year. I can see mulitiple applications for it's use. This will lead to the scroll market booming at the end of this very decade. Apple has already been designing the iScroll (http://www.maclife.c...gn_2017_iscroll), which is slated to hit the market in 2017. Several think tanks project scrolls to have a bigger impact on the market than tablets. I personally can see the iScroll being even bigger than the iPhone or iPad, but we'll have to wait and see.

Agree that NFC will have a major impact, probably by 2015.

I like the Grass Hopper, but I think Skylon will eventually overtake it, probably by 2025.

I don't think the US will be the power it once was, but I don't think it's going to collapse either. It might appear that way though, with the fiscal cliff going into effect January 1st. Just don't pay too much attention to the mainstream media on this as they love to sensationalize everything. In fact, that will be the story of January 2013, along with maybe Israeli election coverage (Jan. 22nd), and CES (Jan. 5th- 8th).

Edited by skiier4384, 27 December 2012 - 11:37 PM.

JurassicTunga

JurassicTunga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada

Would cars like in the 2012 movie Total Recall be called 'flying' cars? Wouldn't that kind of thing be more practical than full fledged flying cars like we see in Star Wars and the such?

Edited by JurassicTunga, 01 January 2013 - 06:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users