Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some awesome tech available next year!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kabe Ayofe

Kabe Ayofe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon
With the creation of a robot sophisticated enough to assist the elderly;

http://www.dailymail...yday-tasks.html

The release of Google glass;
http://bgr.com/2012/...ease-date-2013/

And for me most impressive of all, the release of leap motion;
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=_d6KuiuteIA

2013 is shaping up to be an incredible year for technology indeed.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Indubitably. I personally can't wait to see what next year will bring.

But, there's one thing...

Posted Image

GAH!

This is the robot that's intended to help cranky, conservative, irritable old people?! Did they think of making it, you know, not terrifying?

• Casey likes this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It's just a prototype. I'm pretty sure it'll look a lot different when it comes out to the market.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

I dunno... it's probably a thinly veiled attempt to curtail the increasing average age of the population by scaring all the old people to death.

(joke)

Humanity's destiny is infinity

Kabe Ayofe

Kabe Ayofe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon
I dunno... it's probably a thinly veiled attempt to curtail the increasing average age of the population by scaring all the old people to death.

(joke)

taking out the tech resistant older generation has always been skynets #1 obective lol

• StanleyAlexander likes this

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

cant wait for the next generation tablet/smartphone/phablet: Scroll.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

hellgorama

hellgorama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

(joke)

taking out the tech resistant older generation has always been skynets #1 obective lol

or they could just try to be... you know... patient. Also Roboy will be a very popular alternative for pedophiles. Get creepy for a one-time payment of a few thousand dollars without the hassle of worrying about law enforcement.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
Indubitably. I personally can't wait to see what next year will bring.

But, there's one thing...

Posted Image

GAH!

This is the robot that's intended to help cranky, conservative, irritable old people?! Did they think of making it, you know, not terrifying?

I believe that they are wanting to make a soft skin for it afterwards - maybe that will make it look a bit less macabre.

(joke)

Haha! Never thought of it like that...

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

I'm just saying, some of these robot designers have some suspect motives!  We futurists have enough to contend with as it is, with a dozen new movies coming out every decade about robots taking over, scaring the shit out of everyone and fortifying the camp of the luddites... do they have to design real robots to look creepy too?

How about some more cute lil guys?

Posted Image

Humanity's destiny is infinity

sandyadson

sandyadson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

This has been the hot topic these days. Android stood at top in technical advancements. Android helps to create innovative,Android application development market is booming and there is a great demand for developing custom applications for different purposes. Android being an open source provides a flexible platform to develop feature-rich apps. We provide services to develop quality Android apps at affordable cost.

repair ipod and buy used ipods
used iphones for sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users