Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Will human-like robots become real and when? - Important

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
There's also hope for tech in the future to reverse the aging process altogether.  Think of being 85 but looking, feeling, and functionally BEING 25? http://www.futuretim...9.htm#longevity

what, like an unaging vampire? lol wow...

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063
There's also hope for tech in the future to reverse the aging process altogether.  Think of being 85 but looking, feeling, and functionally BEING 25? http://www.futuretim...9.htm#longevity

what, like an unaging vampire? lol wow...

haha ummm...yeah?  but maybe you don't need to feast on human blood?

Humanity's destiny is infinity

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Having a robotic replica of a man isn't the same as the man either.  Like UFO said earlier, I think there are better ways of becoming happy and nurturing happiness than having hope for technology that we may achieve in decades if we don't blow ourselves up.

There might be other, multiple ways for other people to be happy... not for me. I'm like a dolphin sitting on a couch. How can you tell a dolphin to look for other ways to be happy and forget about the oceans?... thats what you're pretty much telling me at the moment.. so I know that i wont be able to go to the oceans but at least a swimming pool filled with ocean water?... thats how I've been dreaming about my robot.. and right now i'm quite devastated, knowing that it wont be happening either. I have no more hope.

Edited by BonnieSkywalker, 05 January 2013 - 12:09 AM.

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
Having a robotic replica of a man isn't the same as the man either.  Like UFO said earlier, I think there are better ways of becoming happy and nurturing happiness than having hope for technology that we may achieve in decades if we don't blow ourselves up.

There might be other, multiple ways for other people to be happy... not for me. I'm like a dolphin sitting on a couch. How can you tell a dolphin to look for other ways to be happy and forget about the oceans?... thats what you're pretty much telling me at the moment.. so I know that i wont be able to go to the oceans but at least a swimming pool filled with ocean water?... thats how I've been dreaming about my robot.. and right now i'm quite devastated, knowing that it wont be happening either. I have no more hope.

But really, it's not that man that you're in love with.  It's your conception of you and him together.  The YOU AND HIM that exists in your mind.  That's why I think being able to make the entity YOU AND HIM real in your mind via nano tech is as close as you can get

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

But really, it's not that man that you're in love with.  It's your conception of you and him together.  The YOU AND HIM that exists in your mind.  That's why I think being able to make the entity YOU AND HIM real in your mind via nano tech is as close as you can get

Posted Image

you know about this guy right? give him 10 - 15 years wont he look and sound more human then?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

I think it'll be more like 40 years before he'll be able to convince you he's human.  In 15 years he might be able to convince you via text message.  Actually 16 years (2029) is the leading estimate for the text-message turing test.  An in-person conversation? Much later.  A sexual experience?  Even later.  A specific person?  I dunno... 2055-2075 sounds pretty generous to me

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

While Your analogy  is good to express  your inner feelings  it can not be applied to your case.

You have the chance to change things and even to improve your mood. You have the chance to decide in which ocean you want to swim. 

Mathematically spaking there are 1000s of potential partners in the world that could make our "heart pop" and they can even be better then your soccer player. You just need to move your attention on something else or somebody else...

Do you know what i was doing when i felt in love with this lady and she was kind of nasty to me? i started to go in the middle of a street here in Rome and look at these beautiful ladies...imaging that they could make me much more happy to the girl i was thinking of...and let me tell you it worked for me..

i still think of this lady but i am not longer obsessed with her and i am  open to new relationships, so i can say my therapy was pretty successfull.

Now I dont know you personally and as I said everyone reacts to things differently but I am pretty sure if someone exercises hard with their psychology they can become happier. You just need a good will

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I think it'll be more like 40 years before he'll be able to convince you he's human.  In 15 years he might be able to convince you via text message.  Actually 16 years (2029) is the leading estimate for the text-message turing test.  An in-person conversation? Much later.  A sexual experience?  Even later.  A specific person?  I dunno... 2055-2075 sounds pretty generous to me

40 years... even a kid born today will be 40 then. i really, honestly was counting on this for years... now all my hopes are gone.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
Robots will be still rare by then just like cars in early  1950s

Cars were rare in the early 1950s? That's interesting, I always thought they were well-established and commonplace by that point. When did cars start to become ubiquitous?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

40 years... even a kid born today will be 40 then. i really, honestly was counting on this for years... now all my hopes are gone.

Then hold out hope for anti-aging.  It's not as fantastical as it sounds.  Point is, you can build hope around anything.  And you can find happiness in so many different places that to give up hope while you have an entire life to live--and who knows how long it's going to be and what you might live to see???--is ridiculous!

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

it depends from country to country. in italy in  the 60s but i assume that this was the decade for the majority of countries in the world...who more or less these were the years.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

While Your analogy  is good to express  your inner feelings  it can not be applied to your case.

You have the chance to change things and even to improve your mood. You have the chance to decide in which ocean you want to swim. 

Mathematically spaking there are 1000s of potential partners in the world that could make our "heart pop" and they can even be better then your soccer player. You just need to move your attention on something else or somebody else...

Do you know what i was doing when i felt in love with this lady and she was kind of nasty to me? i started to go in the middle of a street here in Rome and look at these beautiful ladies...imaging that they could make me much more happy to the girl i was thinking of...and let me tell you it worked for me..

i still think of this lady but i am not longer obsessed with her and i am  open to new relationships, so i can say my therapy was pretty successfull.

Now I dont know you personally and as I said everyone reacts to things differently but I am pretty sure if someone exercises hard with their psychology they can become happier. You just need a good will

as i said in my first post, that i'm not obsessed with this person... its not a temporary infatuation. its been more than 5 years and my feelings for him get stronger each day. i cant just try to love someone or something else while i know he exists somewhere out there. if i didnt know him, i probably wouldnt even be interested in lovey dovey stuff at all. of course i could change myself, and tell myself that i dont care, but that wouldnt be me... i know that even if i could travel around the whole wide universe, see all kinds of beautiful things.. at the end of the day he would still be the only thing in my thoughts..

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Italy's a good country, my grandfather always loved the place. (He was in the Navy from 1940-1970, Italy was one of the countries that his work required him to visit the most often.)

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Then hold out hope for anti-aging.  It's not as fantastical as it sounds.  Point is, you can build hope around anything.  And you can find happiness in so many different places that to give up hope while you have an entire life to live--and who knows how long it's going to be and what you might live to see???--is ridiculous!

its not just about my looks, i'm not a very healthy person either. i smoke a lot cigarettes. and i cant quit...

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

its not just about my looks, i'm not a very healthy person either. i smoke a lot cigarettes. and i cant quit...

You seem so determined to give up hope!  I'm just saying, hold on and sooner or later it's going to get better.  And it will get better quicker if you realize that you are in control of your own mind

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

as i said in my first post, that i'm not obsessed with this person... its not a temporary infatuation. its been more than 5 years and my feelings for him get stronger each day. i cant just try to love someone or something else while i know he exists somewhere out there. if i didnt know him, i probably wouldnt even be interested in lovey dovey stuff at all. of course i could change myself, and tell myself that i dont care, but that wouldnt be me... i know that even if i could travel around the whole wide universe, see all kinds of beautiful things.. at the end of the day he would still be the only thing in my thoughts..

Thats what I define obsession-- an [color=rgb(240,255,240);]unhealthy[/color][color=rgb(240,255,240);] [/color][color=rgb(240,255,240);]fixation[/color] or desire.  from what i understand in your words you live this platonic with stress. thats why i called it obsession.

I still believe that you can improve...it wont be easy i know but you can..sometimes we can remember pain and living everything negative in the past..while starting to see the bright side of life...

but  you clearly need help please look for some psychological support without any pills..

First learn how to give love to yourself before giving love to others..

we can not give to others what we don t posses

• StanleyAlexander likes this

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

I've also read about 'anti-love potions' of sorts being created in the next 10-20 years, which help the brain to overcome romantic feelings held towards another person so that you can move on to someone else. If that's still a problem when the time comes, then...

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

You seem so determined to give up hope!  I'm just saying, hold on and sooner or later it's going to get better.  And it will get better quicker if you realize that you are in control of your own mind

how is it gonna get any better? its against nature. things can only get worse. like an open wound will only get worse unless its treated immediately. or like you get old each moment but not any younger... things never get better. well at least i know that i'm not the only person who lives and dies unhappy..

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

You literally can't feel happy by trying to be happy.  If you think about trying to be happy and moving on and all that cliche crap you feel worse.  Even after 5 years.

You need to find something to do to get your mind off of it.  I took up the guitar when my parents divorced.  I played it for hours every day for 3 years straight.  I've been playing for 5 and I'm pretty good at it - I can get myself into any emotion by what I play on it.  Or I go hiking, I have the Ozarks near me and just yesterday I was out jogging alone.

Believe me I know what moping around feels like.  There is a girl who liked me for 5 years growing up.  I decided that our friendship was worth risking so I went after her - she was 17 and still never had a boyfriend.  The moment I tried that she ignored me - why?  For some retard that she barely knows.  I can't blame her though because I live 5 hours from her. 

My point is, I turned my depression into anger.  I then took that anger and did stuff with it, like shredding heavy metal as loud as I could handle on my guitar or exercising until I couldn't move my arms for days.  That is powerful therapy.  It will change you.  Look at yourself, realize your potential and accept how crappy you are now.  That is enough to make anyone mad!  So do something about it and be happy.  Take it weekly, keep a journal - log your progress.  Change your fixation on this guy (who apparently will never be with you, have you really tried?) and move it to improving your health.

Once you get on your feet again go meet someone else.  You can't move on until you do this, I'm sure after 5 years you will agree with me.  The future is going to be awesome so stick around and enjoy it.  There will be technology you can't comprehend before you bite it.

EDIT: Pain never goes away, but you learn to make room for it and there is plenty of space left for good things.  Everyone has a dark side to them, there physically can't be pleasure without pain so..what you are experiencing is unfortunately human. 

Edited by SG-1, 05 January 2013 - 01:06 AM.

• Italian Ufo likes this

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Italy's a good country, my grandfather always loved the place. (He was in the Navy from 1940-1970, Italy was one of the countries that his work required him to visit the most often.)

where in italy? i love my country too...art, history, literature etc...Italy "owns" more than 70% of artistic heritage in the world, according to UNESCO, Around the 1960s-early 90s he was one of the fastest growing economy..and second world producer after US and Japan..

today is a ruined country by uncompetent politician, mafia logic, debts and corroption..

it is a beautiful place but unusuful...i am ready to live somewhere else like i am already doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users