Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Will human-like robots become real and when? - Important

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

ok time for  bed,,,i may continue this conversation tomorrow on here. if someone needs to contact me directly he she can inbox me. Good night folks.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Having a robotic replica of a man isn't the same as the man either.  Like UFO said earlier, I think there are better ways of becoming happy and nurturing happiness than having hope for technology that we may achieve in decades if we don't blow ourselves up.

There might be other, multiple ways for other people to be happy... not for me. I'm like a dolphin sitting on a couch. How can you tell a dolphin to look for other ways to be happy and forget about the oceans?... thats what you're pretty much telling me at the moment.. so I know that i wont be able to go to the oceans but at least a swimming pool filled with ocean water?... thats how I've been dreaming about my robot.. and right now i'm quite devastated, knowing that it wont be happening either. I have no more hope.

While Your analogy  is good to express  your inner feelings  it can not be applied to your case.

You have the chance to change things and even to improve your mood. You have the chance to decide in which ocean you want to swim. 

Mathematically spaking there are 1000s of potential partners in the world that could make our "heart pop" and they can even be better then your soccer player. You just need to move your attention on something else or somebody else...

Do you know what i was doing when i felt in love with this lady and she was kind of nasty to me? i started to go in the middle of a street here in Rome and look at these beautiful ladies...imaging that they could make me much more happy to the girl i was thinking of...and let me tell you it worked for me..

i still think of this lady but i am not longer obsessed with her and i am  open to new relationships, so i can say my therapy was pretty successfull.

Now I dont know you personally and as I said everyone reacts to things differently but I am pretty sure if someone exercises hard with their psychology they can become happier. You just need a good will

as i said in my first post, that i'm not obsessed with this person... its not a temporary infatuation. its been more than 5 years and my feelings for him get stronger each day. i cant just try to love someone or something else while i know he exists somewhere out there. if i didnt know him, i probably wouldnt even be interested in lovey dovey stuff at all. of course i could change myself, and tell myself that i dont care, but that wouldnt be me... i know that even if i could travel around the whole wide universe, see all kinds of beautiful things.. at the end of the day he would still be the only thing in my thoughts..

Thats what I define obsession-- an [color=rgb(240,255,240);]unhealthy[/color][color=rgb(240,255,240);] [/color][color=rgb(240,255,240);]fixation[/color] or desire.  from what i understand in your words you live this platonic with stress. thats why i called it obsession.

I still believe that you can improve...it wont be easy i know but you can..sometimes we can remember pain and living everything negative in the past..while starting to see the bright side of life...

but  you clearly need help please look for some psychological support without any pills..

First learn how to give love to yourself before giving love to others..

we can not give to others what we don t posses

oh oh - please dont even start with the professional help thing. since when being completely in love is called "obession" ? i dont really need these modern day terms. i could have been his wife, his wife could have been the one who had to stare at his picture all day. everything would be perfect then. but right now i'm being called an obsessed person who should be seeking "help" cause another female took him from me before i could even try anything and i'm dreaming of his robot-twin. let me tell one this one thing - no doctors could help me on this planet unless the doctor is him..

Edited by BonnieSkywalker, 05 January 2013 - 01:16 AM.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
You literally can't feel happy by trying to be happy.  If you think about trying to be happy and moving on and all that cliche crap you feel worse.  Even after 5 years.

You need to find something to do to get your mind off of it.  I took up the guitar when my parents divorced.  I played it for hours every day for 3 years straight.  I've been playing for 5 and I'm pretty good at it - I can get myself into any emotion by what I play on it.  Or I go hiking, I have the Ozarks near me and just yesterday I was out jogging alone.

Believe me I know what moping around feels like.  There is a girl who liked me for 5 years growing up.  I decided that our friendship was worth risking so I went after her - she was 17 and still never had a boyfriend.  The moment I tried that she ignored me - why?  For some retard that she barely knows.  I can't blame her though because I live 5 hours from her. 

My point is, I turned my depression into anger.  I then took that anger and did stuff with it, like shredding heavy metal as loud as I could handle on my guitar or exercising until I couldn't move my arms for days.  That is powerful therapy.  It will change you.  Look at yourself, realize your potential and accept how crappy you are now.  That is enough to make anyone mad!  So do something about it and be happy.  Take it weekly, keep a journal - log your progress.  Change your fixation on this guy (who apparently will never be with you, have you really tried?) and move it to improving your health.

Once you get on your feet again go meet someone else.  You can't move on until you do this, I'm sure after 5 years you will agree with me.  The future is going to be awesome so stick around and enjoy it.  There will be technology you can't comprehend before you bite it.

EDIT: Pain never goes away, but you learn to make room for it and there is plenty of space left for good things.  Everyone has a dark side to them, there physically can't be pleasure without pain so..what you are experiencing is unfortunately human. 

i play guitar myself (acoustic and electric) and i'm a natural born painter. its not about that. i'm not an empty-minded person... you just dont understand it..

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Haha

You know I've been dragged into therapist's offices because of my parents.  I'm not going to lie, I did have issues.  They didn't help though.  The only way they helped was being an embarrassing badge.  I was ashamed I was seeing them.  So I changed just so I wouldn't have to deal with them.

Do you mind telling us why he is so important?  I am seriously curious as to why someone is so important to you.  I love this girl that doesn't love me and it feels like crap but I'm still her friend and I moved on, so I'm wondering now - what is different with you?

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Haha

You know I've been dragged into therapist's offices because of my parents.  I'm not going to lie, I did have issues.  They didn't help though.  The only way they helped was being an embarrassing badge.  I was ashamed I was seeing them.  So I changed just so I wouldn't have to deal with them.

Do you mind telling us why he is so important?  I am seriously curious as to why someone is so important to you.  I love this girl that doesn't love me and it feels like crap but I'm still her friend and I moved on, so I'm wondering now - what is different with you?

Oh - I wrote 2 long novels trying to describe how i see him and how i feel about him...  I just believe if someone can give up loving or wanting something at some point, that means they never loved or wanted it enough. When I saw him for the first time, his red and sweaty face was all over the TV screen, i had to stop, cause my body and mind was hit by a shock wave, and my heart felt like it was thrown into boiled water. i felt the difference. seeing him at that moment changed me into someone else instantly and there was nothing i could do about it. later i thought about it a lot, and it didnt take very long for me to realize why i had to feel that way for him. because i realized that somehow my whole existence was related to him, but when i realized that i was never gonna be able to be with him, the pain took over. and this is how i've been eversince.. trying to create hope out of nothing.. and i still have hope without a reason. i guess i love him the way a polar bear loves the snow.. being without him is not normal or natural for me... thats why it kills me.

Edited by BonnieSkywalker, 05 January 2013 - 01:51 AM.

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

Have you met him?

Humanity's destiny is infinity

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Have you met him?

saw him just once in real life - at one of his football games... it was the hardest day of my life.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Woah, what happened... I leave for a couple hours and this thread has 3 pages?!

See a psychologist, go out and meet people. You seem depressed and that's very unhealthy. Develop a hobby, make friends.

The biggest mistake anyone can make when you have a crush on someone is to put them on a pedestal and worship them; that seems to be exactly what you're doing. You have to realize that everyone has flaws, perversions, and ugly secrets, even him.

Me, I had a crush on a girl for a few years, figured out she wasn't right for me, and then almost immediately afterwards found the perfect woman. So I stole her from her boyfriend! Heheh. He hates me now.

We are now very happy together and probably will be for a very long time.

• Italian Ufo likes this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Oh my god. 

Why can't you be with him?  Is he married?  If not what the heck!  Go talk to him, the reason it was hard for me was because we were close friends.  This is nothing more than an infatuation.  Can't you just appreciate that some people are blessed with great looks and move on?

I'd rather be with someone I enjoy being with as a person than the most attractive women on earth.

EDIT: What I'm saying is you can't possibly justify moping for 5 years about a guy when you have only seen his face once.  You must have another reason why you are so mentally attached to him, and if not.  It isn't healthy.

Edited by SG-1, 05 January 2013 - 02:11 AM.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

there are tons of handsome 'hot' guys out there. i dont give a damn. he's the only one i want... all other people are genderless to me. he's the only male for me on this planet.. and yes he is married with 2 kids.

lol @EVanimations - how is it "abnormal" to be depressed in this kind of life/world? do you know how many people are depressed? or how many people commit suicide every year? i think people who are not depressed look weirder to me. i was always a depressed person, even before i knew him.

Edited by BonnieSkywalker, 05 January 2013 - 02:17 AM.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Ok, so I see two options.

One *: Go talk to him, start SLOW don't tell him you will only be with him forever.  Just be friends after a few days ask him out see what happens.  ???? profit

Two: Become a nun and accept you have nothing to live for because of one stupid jerk.

I hope you can see the sarcasm.

I'm done.  I wish you the best Bonnie.  Go out there and be happy.  You may never be happy with anyone, but you don't NEED someone to be happy right?  Just do what feels right and you'll do great.  Be independent.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

I wasn't talking about depression (the emotion), I was talking about clinical depression (medical). Everybody feels depressed occasionally, but most people don't feel it all the time. There's no need to snap at me, I'm just trying to help you out.

Next chance you see him tell him how you feel. That way you can try to get some closure if possible. If there is no chance you will see him ever again, see a therapist or try dating.

Again, don't put him on a pedestal. Recognize him as the human being he is.

• Italian Ufo likes this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok, so I see two options.

One *: Go talk to him, start SLOW don't tell him you will only be with him forever.  Just be friends after a few days ask him out see what happens.  ???? profit

Two: Become a nun and accept you have nothing to live for because of one stupid jerk.

I hope you can see the sarcasm.

I'm done.  I wish you the best Bonnie.  Go out there and be happy.  You may never be happy with anyone, but you don't NEED someone to be happy right?  Just do what feels right and you'll do great.  Be independent.

hey dont call him that. lol.. he's not a jerk. 

talking to him wont help, he wont leave his wife... or cheat on her. 

Edited by BonnieSkywalker, 05 January 2013 - 02:32 AM.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I wasn't talking about depression (the emotion), I was talking about clinical depression (medical). Everybody feels depressed occasionally, but most people don't feel it all the time. There's no need to snap at me, I'm just trying to help you out.

Next chance you see him tell him how you feel. That way you can try to get some closure if possible. If there is no chance you will see him ever again, see a therapist or try dating.

Again, don't put him on a pedestal. Recognize him as the human being he is.

i get it, but you dont know me or my situation.. i'm a lot smarter/saner than i sounded here. dont worry...

and as i said before, telling him how i feel wont change anything he's married with kids. if he wasnt married you think i'd be sitting and wasting my time here asking if they'll be making human-like robots in the near future? i'd be doing anything i can to make him mine right now... and you know what the worst part is? i'm 100% his type. lol. i know what i'm missing in vain... but its too late. i mean look at all these galaxies, even galaxies within galaxies, countless planets and suns and everything. i've managed to exist on the same planet/time with him, he lives only hours away from me, we're both young.. all of these things can be possible, but being with him is impossible.. how amazing is that?...

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Not very amazing.

Life isn't fair.  Feelings are not mutual hardly ever.  I know this.  Rule number one: don't get so attached!

I'm glad your sane I was worried a little.  :) 

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Not very amazing.

Life isn't fair.  Feelings are not mutual hardly ever.  I know this.  Rule number one: don't get so attached!

dont get so attached?

oh a little too late for that.

Edited by BonnieSkywalker, 05 January 2013 - 02:50 AM.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Not very amazing.

dont get so attached?

Try hypno-therapy? I'm never one to peddle pseudo-science, but my gf needed to forget some things about her past relationship and it actually worked surprisingly well for her. Maybe it's a placebo effect.

Anyway, I'm aware that telling him how you feel won't change anything, but it will give you closure and will act as an excellent release for all that pent-up emotion. Start off slow though, you don't want to scare him.

Of course, psychiatry is always there to help if any of that isn't possible.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Not very amazing.

dont get so attached?

Try hypno-therapy? I'm never one to peddle pseudo-science, but my gf needed to forget some things about her past relationship and it actually worked surprisingly well for her. Maybe it's a placebo effect.

Anyway, I'm aware that telling him how you feel won't change anything, but it will give you closure and will act as an excellent release for all that pent-up emotion. Start off slow though, you don't want to scare him.

Of course, psychiatry is always there to help if any of that isn't possible.

i cant imagine myself talking to him face to face. knowing that nothing will happen, he will look at me like i'm just a random person.. the fire in my heart'll be strong enough to burn down the whole planet but he wont even know it... and being close to him like that and being have to leave his side again will ruin me more. and what could i possibly say to him?

"Hi, I wanna die for your love, can you leave your wife and be with me?.." lol.. i dont think it'll work..

there's another way... i could kidnap him if i had enough money and take him to a solitary island surrounded by oceans and wait years for him to get used to it. its risky, but with a good plan it could be done.  :resent:

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

anyway.. my point is, i wont be able to have my robot either. 

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts
there's another way... i could kidnap him if i had enough money and take him to a solitary island surrounded by oceans and wait years for him to get used to it. its risky, but with a good plan it could be done.  :resent:

That's a bit much for me. Protip: crime is bad.

Posted Image

• Italian Ufo and BonnieSkywalker like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users