Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pre-Brexit Premonitions Thread

Britain UK Sweden The Netherlands Denmark France Germany EU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

Europe: Conservative group demands return of powers to UK

A group of Conservative backbench MPs is to publish a report calling for a substantial return of powers to the UK from the European Union.

Fresh Start, which says it is backed by more than 100 Tory MPs, wants the UK to remain in the union, but with "significant revisions" to treaties.

Foreign Secretary William Hague welcomed the report.

Its publication comes ahead of Prime Minister David Cameron's long-awaited speech on the UK and Europe on Friday.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21037590

Demanding things from the EU and may not happen.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

EU isn't UK private little thing that they can manipulate as they please and they need to back off already they are starting to piss people off

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

David Cameron speech: UK and the EU

avid Cameron wants to change the UK's relationship with the European Union. Some fear his strategy may lead to the UK eventually leaving the EU. Others want the UK to leave as soon as possible. Here is a summary of the key arguments made by both sides.

The Yes and No of being in the EU link is here: - http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20448450

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

David Cameron: UK could drift towards EU exit

The UK could "drift towards" exiting the EU if problems are not addressed, David Cameron is set to warn.

The prime minister postponed a long-awaited speech on the UK's relationship with Europe to respond to the hostage crisis in Algeria.

In extracts released in advance, Mr Cameron said he wanted to set out a "positive vision" for the future of the EU in which Britain would play a part.

Meanwhile, President Obama said he wanted a "strong" UK in a "strong" EU.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21076219

Stephen Hawking

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

'Strong case' for EU referendum says Hague

There is a "strong case" for the British public to decide on the UK's future relationship with Europe in a referendum, William Hague has said.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21107741

I do think that the british public should have a vote in staying or not in the EU.

Stephen Hawking

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

PM pledges in/out referendum on EU

David Cameron has said the British people must "have their say" on Europe as he pledged an in/out referendum if the Conservatives win the election.

The prime minister said he wanted to renegotiate the UK's relationship with the EU, before asking people to vote.

The British people would face a "very simple choice" either to accept the result of the talks, or to leave the EU altogether, he said.

Labour said Mr Cameron was "weak" and being driven by "party interest".

In a long-awaited speech, Mr Cameron pledged to hold a referendum during the early part of the next parliament - by the end of 2017 at the latest - if the Conservatives win the next general election.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21148282

Stephen Hawking

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

David Cameron wants European Union reformer legacy

Prime Minister David Cameron has said he wants to be remembered as the person who secured Britain's place in a reformed European Union.

Mr Cameron told CNN that the EU often went too far in social, employment and environmental legislation.

It follows his promise of a referendum on UK membership if the Conservatives win the next general election.

Labour and the Liberal Democrats warned the move could create uncertainty for business.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21191468

Stephen Hawking

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Britain in Europe: MPs to debate Cameron's referendum pledge

MPs will have their first chance later to discuss the UK's future in Europe since David Cameron promised to hold a referendum on UK membership if he wins the next general election.

Mr Cameron has vowed to negotiate a "better deal" for the UK in Europe and put that to a public vote by 2018.

Labour and the Lib Dems say this will cause years of uncertainty and raise the prospect of withdrawal from the EU.

The Commons debate will take place after Prime Minister's Questions.

The referendum pledge has been broadly welcomed by Conservative MPs, more than 80 of whom voted for a so-called in/out vote on EU membership when the issue was last debated in Parliament in 2011.

Mr Cameron, who will not be present for Wednesday's debate because of a trip to Africa, has said the EU must change to become more competitive and accountable to its citizens.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21249331

Stephen Hawking

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

I just heard on Euro news that in 2017 England plans to have a referendum to decided whether they will still stay in the EU or opt out.

What do you think Brits will vote?

For me  I think that it depends a lot on how EU behaves in these last years.

Also if England opts out do you think that this will be the start of the dissolution of EU?

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Well I'm going to vote in the EU Referendum but it also depends what will happen in the next 4 years as well, If the UK does go out of the EU like this other countries may follow after 2017.

Stephen Hawking

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

There are a lot of stupid people in the UK who swallow all the UKIP crap without doing any of their own research.

Basically bro, a lot of people in my country hate immigration because the media has used it as a scapegoat for...well basically everything. No jobs? Must be the immigrants! kind of thing.

There is a strong animosity especially towards Eastern Europeans, especially the Polish, Romanians and Bulgarians, which in my opinion is entirely undeserved. Britain needs immigrants (though we need highly educated and skilled ones), but because anti-immigration rhetoric is so popular, politicians have begun to use it as a vote-winner, which has only increased the anti-immigration sentiment- legitimised it if you will.

This is quite sad, since membership with the EU has brought a huge array of economic benefits, especially with trade. If any UKIP voters bothered to read the economist they would understand just how bad it will be to leave.

I have no doubt that the UK will leave the EU, if not in 2017 then certainly after that.

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
There are a lot of stupid people in the UK who swallow all the UKIP crap without doing any of their own research.

Basically bro, a lot of people in my country hate immigration because the media has used it as a scapegoat for...well basically everything. No jobs? Must be the immigrants! kind of thing.

There is a strong animosity especially towards Eastern Europeans, especially the Polish, Romanians and Bulgarians, which in my opinion is entirely undeserved. Britain needs immigrants (though we need highly educated and skilled ones), but because anti-immigration rhetoric is so popular, politicians have begun to use it as a vote-winner, which has only increased the anti-immigration sentiment- legitimised it if you will.

This is quite sad, since membership with the EU has brought a huge array of economic benefits, especially with trade. If any UKIP voters bothered to read the economist they would understand just how bad it will be to leave.

I have no doubt that the UK will leave the EU, if not in 2017 then certainly after that.

Yes, England I think it does need immigrants. How many Brits would get up at 5. am and go to offload products from the vans at tesco? or who would do what I was doing, working at night in the library? I was the only European doing that but I didnt mind, the wage was good and for me it is not a problem to work at night.

We have the same issues in Italy, what Italians goes to pick up tomatos in hot summer days? or who will watch for old people?

Thats said immigration has lots of problems too is not entirly beneficial. Integration is not taking place in Europe at least for many, there is a lots of crime  linked to immigration, and at times it lowers the wage of local people.

To give you an example  there are people in my country that used to work in construction sites, they had good wages, holidays, free lunch and insurence, then immigrants came and they accepted the jobs in the construction for  lower demands...so many consturction site owners hired immigrants over italians and many lost their job or to had to accept lower condition. the same thing happned with jenitors and in other places.

Then you also have many other problems related to immigration. Space, infrunstructure., As A. Merkel said they were not ready to have immigrants stay for that long and to see the population increasing. So they have problems with habitation and schools.

What I would do now is to take specialized immigrants, offer to some temporary visas, close the borders for permanent immigrants, take out the irregular ones and I would try to integrate the ones we already have. At least thats what I would do in Italy.  In my country immigrants dont want new comers anymore. Thats the other strange thing.

But trust me it was funny to hear an African man talking bad about other immigrants. He is now a TV celebrity lol

By the way I hope England does stay in the EU. But EU must change and be more open.

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationUK

I actually think that it's wrong to label euro sceptics in the UK as anti-EU purely because of immigration. Most seem to be against the loss of power and control to the often bureaucratic EU, it is true a lot of the laws are pretty dumb and shouldn't be universally applied. Of course, there is also the huge unemployment and debt in most of the countries involved and the weakening of the eurozone. I think we should all agree that the EU is doing pretty badly at the moment and there is a sound argument that the benefits are getting dangerously close to being outweighed by the disadvantages. Saying all this, I think long term we will definitely do best to stay in the EU, changes need to be made and I think there needs to be some transfer of power back to the individual countries for a while. If the UK hadn't joined the EU, I think we would be significantly weaker traders. But it is a good thing we kept the pound for now.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I don't like the idea of seperation from Europe, so I hope not.

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Yes

(But a bit earlier)

• Chesterton likes this

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Britain, UK, Sweden, The Netherlands, Denmark, France, Germany, EU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users