Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apple's iWatch coming this year

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

skiier4384

skiier4384

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2KdsjyCPb

There were rumors in January of Apple working on the iWatch for 2014 and now there are multiple sources that expect Apple to launch a smart watch in April of this year. Pebble, the crowd funded startup, has had a lot of success with their revolutionary smart watch and with Google coming out with Project Glass next year, Apple might think they need to come up with the next big thing sooner rather than later. The rumored watch will include bendable electronic technology (something we thought Samsung cornered the market in, though apparently not), bendable glass (Gorilla Glass), an IOS platform, Bluetooth, wireless and possibly solar charging. I'm really looking forward to this. It's about time Apple came out with the next innovative technology designed in a manner that makes it appealing.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

I heard about it but ehhh i dont really think its all that exciting. It's likely to cost around 100 - 150 dollars and there's not much you can do with a watch, especially that i cant do with my iphone already. A TV wouldve been a better use of manpower. But ultimately i think they shouldve worked heavily on an Augmented reality project similar to google glass... When you're a company like apple you shouldnt waste time with the small insignificant stuff that you can get some engineers to crap out and make you a few million, you need to go straight for the game-changing technology that's gonna capture the entire market and make you billions! Just like they did with the mp3 and smartphone markets.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

MiowaraTomokato

MiowaraTomokato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Hm, I haven't worn a watch in.... god, it's been a decade now. ;_;

Maybe this will get me excited about wearing one again, but only if it does a ton of stuff. It needs to have a harddrive, as well as a way to link up to most computers. perhaps a mini usb port with an included cable? That would be a pain to carry around in addition though. Wireless connectivity would be cool, but I know how Apple is. That would only work with Apple based programs and what not.

Now that I've put more thought into it, I can't see myself being excited for this. I'm more excited for what other companies will do when they try to compete with this.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Sounds like it could be a bad idea. On the other hand, it could be really brilliant. I mean, it could replace the ipod shuffle, and it would be the closest thing we'd get to a dick tracy watch. At this year's car show in NY, they announced a concept car with a valet feature where you could have it park and then pick you up when you're done via an app. I could easily see this as part of the watch. Calling Kitt to come pick you up? Heck yeah!

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

skiier4384

skiier4384

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

http://9to5mac.com/2...exible-display/

So there's finally some more information on Apple's iWatch. The patent was published today and the design looks great. It's like an electronic snap bracelet that is capable of a number of things. There's also a video.

• eacao likes this

GailG

GailG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks for this link...

Wow! Apple is way to go!

Custom Business Essay | Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users