Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Electronic Drugs the future?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Hi all, you may have heard of digital or electronic drugs like idoser and apps like it that claim to get you high or in a medative state, but it don't stop there, have you ever heard of tms or tdcs which is magnetic brain stimulation, that is known to cure depression, stress, addictions and chronic pain or help improve memory. They are devices that you put to your head and they zap you with a light current that alters consciousness and do all sorts of good things. In the future you will able to buy head gear that you put on your head and connect to your computer and use software that creates highs like ecstacy, cannabis or any drug you desire without the use of substances or waste money on them. I was also thinking there will be devices to combine with music to create new emotions in your music like neuro music or something like that! Watch dr Russell Newcombe with his legal high talk on YouTube and he briefly talks about electronic drugs and devices and reckons they are 2 years away from becoming in mainstream market. Some devices do exist like a shakti or the god helmet that claim to give you spiritual highs! What do you think guys to this? Cheers Mark
  • Zeitgeist123 likes this

EpochSix

EpochSix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I imagine that once nanotechnology reaches a certain level of sophistication, small enough to inject actual computing devices into your bloodstream, we'll see a massive new market of tech based drugs hitting the market. What exactly this will look like, I don't know, but it seems fair to assume that we'll be able to induce mental states similar to the ones we can only experience today through narcotic use, and probably many new feelings we haven't experienced yet. Maybe it could be accomplished through the use of devices similar to Robert Freitas' respirocytes (non-biological version of the red blood cell) but instead of managing oxygen levels it could manage DMT levels in the brain, the common chemical in many psychedelic drugs.It's weird imagining the future of software design where you're no longer just coding applications for computers, you're actually coding experiences and mental states for the human body.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know if there's any new treatments or devices to help cure addiction to smoking in the works? My sister's been smoking for 20 years, and though she's tried to stop a few times via things like nicotine patches, she almost always says 'screw it' pretty fast and goes back to smoking full-time. I doubt she'll stop unless something comes out that makes quitting almost effortless. -_-

Edited by Casey, 18 February 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
I heard things like binaural beat meditation music can do tricks like that or the shakti or tms claim it can do that even tho the makers say its not 100% successful but most people it is. Talk to the doctor about it.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
A bit off-topic, but does anyone know if there's any new treatments or devices to help cure addiction to smoking in the works? My sister's been smoking for 20 years, and though she's tried to stop a few times via things like nicotine patches, she almost always says 'screw it' pretty fast and goes back to smoking full-time. I doubt she'll stop unless something comes out that makes quitting almost effortless. -_-

have you heard of e-cigarettes? does not work for everyone, worked me for me though.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

have you heard of e-cigarettes? does not work for everyone, worked me for me though.

Yes try the city ranger pack by bull smoke, best one I've tried, they are selling cheap at the moment and have ten different flavours like coffee, Turkish tobacco, cherry and many more.

claire34

claire34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

All i can say that in future all medication or electronic drug will surely very helpful to many people however it will also going to be expensive.Anyway thanks for that one.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

http://coolzig.com/w...ette.jpg?f22064

Posted Image

Meditation and acupuncture may also be useful

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Yes try the city ranger pack by bull smoke, best one I've tried, they are selling cheap at the moment and have ten different flavours like coffee, Turkish tobacco, cherry and many more.

i didnt buy another cartridge because the first one i had is still not fully consumed. im telling you quitting smoking by using the e-cig works, at least for me.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users