Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Would you swap a healthy eye for a bionic one with additional functionality?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Riftmaker

Riftmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArizona

I wonder just how possible it will be to have a 100% artificial body. Would we just be able to upload our consciousness then destroy our biological brains, or would will still need to keep a little bit of it?

I don't think it will be possible to get rid of the brain for centuries to come, at the least. The only way I could think of preserving the consciousness and getting rid of the biological brain would be to map out the individual's brain and basically copy it in every detail to an artificial brain. Every synaptic connection, every cell, everything. That's some serious science.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Honestly, it would depend on the benefits of this eye. Honestly, I'm not even sure that I would be willing to improve my eyesight (I'm currently near-sighted) from the one which I have today. You see, females with glasses have a strong emotional (not romantic or sexual) appeal to me, and I appear to like this.

Edited by Futurist, 22 September 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Riftmaker

Riftmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArizona

Honestly, it would depend on the benefits of this eye. Honestly, I'm not even sure that I would be willing to improve my eyesight (I'm currently near-sighted) from the one which I have today. You see, females with glasses have a strong emotional (not romantic or sexual) appeal to me, and I appear to like this.

I'm not sure I understand how females with glasses can be an emotional appeal. Does it cause you to empathize with them? Or feel protective? I find it hard to think of a way besides those it would be... emotionally appealing. But then again, it is very easy for me to see the visual aesthetic appeal, which one could also say makes the wearer of the glasses more attractive in a particular way. That may be why I have difficulty understanding.

So I guess my question is what do you mean by emotional appeal?

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

I'm not sure I understand how females with glasses can be an emotional appeal. Does it cause you to empathize with them? Or feel protective? I find it hard to think of a way besides those it would be... emotionally appealing. But then again, it is very easy for me to see the visual aesthetic appeal, which one could also say makes the wearer of the glasses more attractive in a particular way. That may be why I have difficulty understanding.

So I guess my question is what do you mean by emotional appeal?

Yes, I mean that I empthaize with them and feel protective of them. I think that this actually began when I was a little boy in Israel between 1998 and 2001 (when I was between age 6 and 9). If I remember correctly, I saw a little girl about my (then-)age at my school wearing glasses and I immediately or almost immediately thought that she had a strong emotional (obviously not romantic or sexual) appeal to me, though. I think that this girl's name was Katie (or a varient of this name, or a name which is (very) similar to this name), though it has been so long ago and I was so young back then that some of the details might have already left and/or escaped my mind by now. For the record, I also find the location of glasses on one's face to be very visually aesthetically appealing, and I do sometimes (though hardly always) find females with glasses to be sexy. For the record, if you are wondering why females are relevant for me and whether or not I decide to continue wearing glasses, well, that is because I am currently a male but am seriously thinking about me getting a sex change in the long(er)-run.

Edited by Futurist, 22 September 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

For the record, I only have an emotional appeal to females who genuinely need glasses in order for them to see better, rather than only/simply to look better.

Also, I myself realized that I needed glasses at age 9 or 10, in 2001 or in 2002, when I was already living here in the U.S.

Edited by Futurist, 22 September 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Riftmaker

Riftmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArizona

Oh okay, I see (No pun intended). I think I understand what you mean by the emotional appeal now. It makes sense now that you mention it started when you were a child.

In regards to your thoughts with sex change... I find that intriguing as well, how one could wish to be of the opposite sex. I neither condemn nor condone it, since it's an individual's choice. I know it is a difficult, long, and expensive progress, and can be painful emotionally and physically, due to family issues and whatnot.

I think it is safe to assume it may not be terribly uncommon for a man to have had thoughts wondering what it is like to be a woman. Perhaps just as a sexual experience by one's self. However, from what I understand, men that do so usually do so for some emotional reason. It is quite... interesting.

Shores

Shores

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

My eyesight is terrible so I would swap both even if at great financial burden. 

Edited by Shores, 29 September 2013 - 05:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users