Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

personalized medicine date 20..?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
?

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

2013, depends on your definition of personalized.

Posts with no words are usually frowned upon lol, care to elaborate?

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Yeah care to elaborate?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

yeah, care to elaborate????

EDIT:  Sorry, couldn't resist :)  If you have a bit of cash to burn, you can have your genome sequenced today and get consultations and prescriptions based on it... there are already cheeseball websites with names like https://www.23andme.com where you can order a genotyping kit

Edited by StanleyAlexander, 22 February 2013 - 06:28 AM.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yeeaaah yeeaeaeah caaaaare to eloborate

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Real nice. We can't have a discussion with your post. It's not being jerks. Ftl isn't like that.

EDIT: Phone sucks at typing,

it should say "we aren't being jerks"

Edited by SG-1, 25 February 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Elborate

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

No I don't have to.  You are a flame war about to explode.  I thought this was a thread about personalized medicine, you didn't provide anything in your post and we nicely asked to elaborate because we, like good conversation.  We don't troll back.

I'll say it one more time.  I know over text I look like I'm condescending but I'm only trying to make a point.  You are misjudging people here, and if you don't realize it after this post, I expect you will probably be banned.

• Italian Ufo likes this

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Omg

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am scared mama

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Sg1 : The future is going to be like blabla bla lalalaallaa hhahah very nice blalala .

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Posted Image

Edited by SG-1, 26 February 2013 - 02:31 AM.

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
You are joking with yourself. How do you know the future is going to be like that ? Sg1 : shut up I'm going to ban you. It will be like lalalililill hiihii blala. Ertu: fuck yourself in the future

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I don't have to provide my post it was actually a questiiiiiiion the whole topic was a question if you look better its not a research in the news or somethinh It was my question

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

So what is the question?

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Per medicine date ?

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I know it sounds a bit weird but the link says 2020 for per medicine ?? There are a lot of more tech dates but never mind

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
http://upload.wikime..._and_beyond.png

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Sooo I am asking for could it be true?

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

The timeline doesn't mention personalized medicine at all in the 2020s, but it does say medical nanobots are being developed in 2025. 

Medicine won't suddenly personalized at one point in time, but it will continue to become more personal as time goes on.  People will be getting their genome sequenced as the price of it falls constantly, and with that not much will happen.  At first.  You only have to sequence your genome once though, and as new methods of reading the genome and understanding the data comes out, people will see what chronic illnesses they might encounter along their life, if they are prone to heart disease or certain types of cancer; and they will take all the necessary steps to prevent that from happening.

By 2029 I can see this being common.

• Smartphone apps or the equivalent of a smartphone app will track your lifestyle. 
  • Wearable computing combined with AR will monitor vitals such as : heart rate, pedometers, gps, maybe even sensors in your skin that monitor other vitals I can't think of right now. 
  • EEG monitoring sensors, I expect all of these senors to be unobtrusive, will monitor things like Alzheimer's risks and even tell you when you are being distracted.  EEG bands that try and improve your mental efficiency are already being made today.
  • Food logging - with information on your genes, insulin, exercise level, age, gender, height, weight etc will give you tips on what to eat to be as healthy as possible.  It gets complicated with antioxidants this and cancer causing that.  AR will probably make sense of this and give you recommendations, I already see free apps that count nutritional value of everything you eat by scanning bar codes or online information.

There is probably more that can be done, but I can see that happening.  Those predictions are only based off of what we have today and those didn't exist before the smartphone or pedometers.  By 2029 your guess is as good as mine.  I can tell you that we won't be curing cancer or regrowing limbs by then though.  Like I said earlier its all how you define personalized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users