Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The future of ecigarette?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Hi all, I have smoked real cigs and e cigs but quit it all now for a week but now and then I get a craving for a good smoke, so far I resisted, but in the past I've tried bull smoke ecigs and they claim they are the nearest thing to a real cig, but I don't think so, I think they have a way to go before we get a super realistic smoke vape for ecigs! So in the future do you they will come up with an ecig that tastes and feels like the real thing? have you heard of the oxette cig which is a aerosol powered cig that delivers nicotine, also Marlboro have a device coming out in 2016 which heats the tobacco rather than burn. Any of you heard this stuff and what you think is the future of cigs?

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCanada

Not sure, I think it is in the interest in companies to try to focus on making cigarettes healthier, while still having the same addicting properties of the original. Not sure how that is going to go though. I really wouldn't know anything more than that as I don't smoke, and because I'm asthmatic I find them incredibly distasteful and incredibly tough to be around.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Sometimes i think that smoking wont longer be in the human culture. if laws keep going in the way they are, smoking will not longer being practiced.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCanada
Sometimes i think that smoking wont longer be in the human culture. if laws keep going in the way they are, smoking will not longer being practiced.

Meh, there will always be smokers.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

maybe but you will count them on fingers.

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
http://www.pbs.org/w...es-history.html this is an interesting history of safer cigarettes.

Ertu

Ertu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Heating up or burning the tobacco almost no difference between them. Its quit simple the whole world should ban sigarertd. :p. Tobacco free world

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
There is a difference, I've vaped tobacco in a vaporiser which heats a certain temp and doesn't burn, and just release the moist steam and nicotine from dryed tobacco leaf and just drys it out when vaped a few times. It's weaker but it works and is less harsh on the lungs. Electronic cigarettes are useless, batteries and eliquid carts just doesn't appeal to me, just wish in the future they have a cigarette device that is small enough and vapes like a vaporiser and is like a real cigarette or invent a type of tobacco that is genetically cancerless. But really I should quit!

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCanada
There is a difference, I've vaped tobacco in a vaporiser which heats a certain temp and doesn't burn, and just release the moist steam and nicotine from dryed tobacco leaf and just drys it out when vaped a few times. It's weaker but it works and is less harsh on the lungs. Electronic cigarettes are useless, batteries and eliquid carts just doesn't appeal to me, just wish in the future they have a cigarette device that is small enough and vapes like a vaporiser and is like a real cigarette or invent a type of tobacco that is genetically cancerless. But really I should quit!

Lol preferably, but it's not to say they can't make artificial healthy tobacco which they could sell in the future, but I'm not sure what R&D is like in the tobacco companies or how far away that would be. I would think with the increasingly vicious publicity directed at cigarettes that Big Tobacco must be looking for ways to shut down criticism.

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
anyone heard of the oxette cig by Alex hearn? This could revolutionise the way we consume nicotine, it is a none electronic aerosol nicotine delivery system that looks and feels like a cigerette but isn't, would this taste just like an ecig or taste better? I have lots of questions for Alex hearn and will email him. What you think guys?

Here's the website:- http://www.kindconsumer.com/

Edited by Markomarkh, 28 February 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

My brother in law used to smoke but thankfully he has now quit. It took him multiple tries and a long time to get there though. When he did smoke though, he tried one of those electronic cigarette things and everyone would still kick him out of the room when he smoked. He would claim that it isn't really smoking but everyone could still smell it and my family member who has asthma said it still effected him and made it harder to breath just as normal second hand smoke does.

I recently saw an ad for one on tv and they were promoting it by saying it isn't smoking so you will not bother people around you but from experience, it still bothers everyone.

Gquser

Gquser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I think ecigs will replace the regular "smoke" due to the fact of being more convienient,less bulky,and it has a potential to pack more of a punch as in nicotine dosage for the extreme nicotine junkies out there whose willing to take the time to" hack" the device per say(in the future),well i mean i maybe wrong with this whole predick lol but if one should define the act of smoking, its an aquired habit and taste developed by time and individuals,just like how if you should see someone smoking a pipe these days it would look kinda wierd,and to put into factor a cigerette from the 1800s is way different chemically composed vs the cigerette these days,then theres the branding effect also...like my grandpappi would absouley hate a newport menthol lol so what im trying to say as society embrace this new habit,there will always be room for new participants to try and hence trials=addiction due to the fact its nicotine,addiction=more demands which will eventually drive the developers to improve on the technology.Its only time when the average cigs will be like grandpas pipe lol...my 2 cents. Peace!

GailG

GailG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

This is much better than really using tobacco cigarette. Saving mother earth plus saving human life line...

Custom Business Essay | Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

different strokes for different folks. works for me though.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users