Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VR and Modern Media

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Randomosaur

Randomosaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

When full-immersion virtual reality becomes widespread, do you think we will have VR adaptions of modern media? By modern media, I mean popular things like Team Fortress 2, My Little Pony, Monster Hunter, etc. What sort of copyright issues could follow? Would companies like Valve be able to profit off of this, or would it be too expensive to be practical?

Maybe we could have virtual reality versions of current online games such as World of Warcraft or Runescape?

• SG-1 likes this

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

I liked your post because you said Monster Hunter.  I love that game!

Heck yes we'll have monster hunter in virtual reality, and if no one creates it then I'll do it.

• Italian Ufo likes this

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

i hope copy rights becomes illigal within this centruy

• Casey likes this

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

I just had an interested thought when I read this thread. Do you think they will have movies inside of VR? Like you go to visit some location in virtual reality and there is a virtual tv playing a movie. Or maybe you are in virtual reality, playing a computer game.

EpochSix

EpochSix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

The Oculus Rift is currently the best VR technology in the consumer market and it will be available to us soon ($200 - $300 shelf price). 

Game developers have been swarming Oculus Rift since it was announced.

It has already been confirmed that Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2, Left For Dead 2, Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Minecraft, Black Ops, Far Cry, Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3, and many other games will be playable on the Oculus Rift. These are the most popular games on the market backed by the biggest development teams in the business. I feel pretty confident about the future of VR as a mainstream technology because of this. It's literally the first true VR product the consumer world has ever seen and this kind of initial support is damn near unthinkable, it's a developer's wet dream. VR has a very bright future in the mainstream market.

• CamGoldenGun and Casey like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users