Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3D Books.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

How books will change? I was imagining that tomorrow's book can be read anywhere and then if you  reverse them you can see some images. So lets imagine there is a book that is talking about an house where the novel is taking place. One wants to see this house so he/she reverses the book  and it is possible to see the house  in 3D.

Do you think we will have this technology soon?

I was just thinkig of this possibility the other day. The only tun off is that this may limit the immagination of the reader.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Hmm, good idea, but what exactly do you mean by 'reversing' the book?

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

What you're describing sounds a lot like the Hypertext Markeup of the early 90's, when CDs were first introduced to computers and packed with media. Basically, a program like Expedia. It sounds like the 3D model would be linked and the description highlighted so that if you tap on the description, the 3D model would come up?

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Hmm, good idea, but what exactly do you mean by 'reversing' the book?

Like inverting it. or maybe one can just click the page and a 3d would come out

What you're describing sounds a lot like the Hypertext Markeup of the early 90's, when CDs were first introduced to computers and packed with media. Basically, a program like Expedia. It sounds like the 3D model would be linked and the description highlighted so that if you tap on the description, the 3D model would come up?

Thats correct

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I usually find images in many stories to be a let down. I was reading one of my favorite web stories the other day and I have a certain image in my mind... and there is an illustration added that makes it seem campy and cheesy looking.

I also think it's fun to see fan interpretations of characters in fan art. They all have interesting perspectives.

And finally as a book lover, I find the use of images to like using special effect: sometimes valuble, but just as easily becoming the point  rather than a technique for story telling.

Like any art form there is room for it to exist for it's own ideas, but I don't see it as replacement of even the next version of books.

• Lily likes this
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
I usually find images in many stories to be a let down. I was reading one of my favorite web stories the other day and I have a certain image in my mind... and there is an illustration added that makes it seem campy and cheesy looking.

I also think it's fun to see fan interpretations of characters in fan art. They all have interesting perspectives.

And finally as a book lover, I find the use of images to like using special effect: sometimes valuble, but just as easily becoming the point  rather than a technique for story telling.

Like any art form there is room for it to exist for it's own ideas, but I don't see it as replacement of even the next version of books.

That can also be nice but imgagine an illustrations books or a book where there are some pictures. i dont know this technology has a double spur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users