Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Meat the future (In Vitro?)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Mikeb42

Mikeb42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In vitro meat, what do you think?

My name is Michael Brogan and I am conducting research into consumer attitudes towards cultured meat.

Please consider taking part in this survey, we'd like to know what you think.

https://www.surveymo...s_Cultured_Meat"

Many thanks

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Surveyed, don't know if the information actually got /sent/. 

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

Practical Mind

Practical Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Filled it. Please publish the results!

I do hope Modern Meadows and the others succeed in this. 

Edited by Practical Mind, 14 March 2013 - 04:06 AM.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Just completed the survey. I am a vegetarian and animal rights are by far my highest priority on this matter.

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Who are you conducting the research for?

tornado64

tornado64

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationChina

Actually if you ask in this forum this will be far from representative, because there will be much more people pro in-vitro meat than on other places (myself included).

Malgidus

Malgidus

Four Lefts From Reality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationCanada

I completed your survey. I agree with the above post: this forum will be extremely biased towards technology than the general population. But in my honest opinion, the opinion of an uneducated mind doesn't matter--things happen in the world whether or not you believe in them. I fully support in vitro meat, but the gains in land area and the lessening of the environmental impact due to farming animals are personally more important to me than the reduction of suffering in animals, but I do see this as a very good side effect. It's morbid, but I think the human lives saved from better farming practices and a reduction of climate change are the most important outcome. I think I hold this belief because I don't know where to draw the line on when to quantify an animal's life. I think a human life is very important, and I think a cow or a rabbit's life is important, but what does one make of insects or bacteria? And why do I value an animal's life, but some would eat me if they were hungry? An interesting philosophical question, I think.

Edited by Malgidus, 22 March 2013 - 04:25 AM.

My mind has been torn into Oblivion, is there a way to tear that too? Reach into the Oblivion, and through Zen, tear the Universe anew.

Tradesman by day, [game] programmer by night. Philosopher all day long. @Malgidus |Forest Bear Studios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users