Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bringing back the extinct

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
What about the 22nd century on the timeline? 'Most of the environment is sterile, other than a few scavengers such as wolves and rats' I'm not saying that the timeline is 100% correct, but the way the world is going this may well happen. Would you leave the world like that? Especially when humans caused most of the damage.

Edited by CLB, 26 March 2013 - 12:50 PM.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

By the time we are advanced enough to talk seriously about re-introducing extinct populations to the environment, we will be advanced enough to be 100% in control of them, using nanotech and strong AI.  If a species begins to overflow its ecological niche in a way that is damaging to the ecosystem, we'd be able to curtail it, even in a humane manner.

I'm just saying, re-wilding will not involve just throwing together a hodgepodge of the animals we think look prettiest and seeing what happens.  We'll be able to do this without losing control.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

midnightr

midnightr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
What about the 22nd century on the timeline? 'Most of the environment is sterile, other than a few scavengers such as wolves and rats' I'm not saying that the timeline is 100% correct, but the way the world is going this may well happen. Would you leave the world like that? Especially when humans caused most of the damage.

Well obviously less diversity means the chance of problems is less. I think it just depends if we can do it responsibly, I don't think we're there yet but in a few decades perhaps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users