Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"The next best thing to a lightsabre"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Ultra hot torch that cuts through 1/2 inch steel in a second.

http://www.popularme...-steel-13403667

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

this isn't an energy blade so much as a solid fuel rocket with specially shaped exhaust.

now if the particulate that helps in the cutting wasn't burned off and instead was recirculated, and the flame a constricted atmospheric plasma flow rather than a fuel burn... Just need a power source that holds enough energy for something like that. It'd be a bit like a plasma torch meets a sand blaster.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Kombaticus I missed you!

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Oh thanks.  Yeah its been a while I had a little accident.  Promise me you'll check for rocks before jumping off cliffs into large bodies of water.

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
Oh thanks.  Yeah its been a while I had a little accident.  Promise me you'll check for rocks before jumping off cliffs into large bodies of water.

ouch sounds painful. i hope you are better now.

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

I'm in a cast right now and the meds are helping, I just feel like a dummy.  But whatever, thanks for caring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users