Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

To die then come back to life

the ultimate thrill

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Fatalbert911

Fatalbert911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationusa, east coast

ok for the trill seekers out there think about this.. what if we reach a point someday relatively soon where we could say turn of all your vital signs then turn them back on and i'm not talking vr simulation I mean the real deal! Talk about the ultimate thrill ride ey! but on a more realistic note I could see this being used for medical studies as well as to help those who have a fear about death feel more comfortable about it. I always imagine hearing that famous quote "the earth was blue but their was no god" only this time it would be "death was silent but their was no god" =). on a side note I wonder what the people in cryostasis will say death was like when they come back makes you wonder...

Avalanche

Avalanche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

It would save a lot of people who have traumatic injuries - especially to the brain. 

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

How would that be a thrill ride?

It would be probably the most boring experience ever, you get hooked up to some machine and you go to sleep.  You wake up and that's it.  Nothing to tell what it was like because nothing happened to you.  You could be dead for days and it wouldn't feel any different.

If we could bring people back to life that is probably the last thing we would be doing with it lol. 

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

I thouink what happens after death of a biological body is something that cant be know to be sure. When you talk about religion you talk about mysticism and not science.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

i often wonder that we still do not know a lot about the nature of our universe (dark matter, dark enery). sciences of today would say that we can never bring back a person long dead. but what if in the future, we have fully understand the nature of the universe and the laws of physics as we understand it today can be tweaked? do you think it is possible? i mean resurrecting dead people long after they are gone. maybe im just grieving.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

I don't think it'll ever be possible to revive the long-dead, but to die for a second and then be revived, that could be possible.  I'd try it (after backing up my brain state, of course :)), just to see what the tunnel looks like.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Maybe if time travel is.  I mean its possible that once time travel is invented we will go back and upload the dead to bring them back.  Re-educate them on what happened etc.

It is also a possibility that we are living in a simulation and that could mean anything.  I don't believe in things I have no evidence for; however just because we don't have proof we are in a simulation doesn't mean it is impossible.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

^ Truth.  Nick Bostrom puts forth an interesting argument you can find on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia....tion_hypothesis

• "A technologically mature "posthuman" civilization would have enormous computing power. Based on this empirical fact, the simulation argument shows that at least one of the following propositions is true:
    • The fraction of human-level civilizations that reach a posthuman stage is very close to zero;
    • The fraction of posthuman civilizations that are interested in running ancestor-simulations is very close to zero;
    • The fraction of all people with our kind of experiences that are living in a simulation is very close to one.
  • If (1) is true, then we will almost certainly go extinct before reaching posthumanity. If (2) is true, then there must be a strong convergence among the courses of advanced civilizations so that virtually none contains any relatively wealthy individuals who desire to run ancestor-simulations and are free to do so.[color=#0000cd;] If (3) is true, then we almost certainly live in a simulation[/color]. In the dark forest of our current ignorance, it seems sensible to apportion one’s credence roughly evenly between (1), (2), and (3).
  • Unless we are now living in a simulation, our descendants will almost certainly never run an ancestor-simulation."

emphasis mine.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

i think proposition # 2 is debatable.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I would say all of this is debatable.

• Zeitgeist123 likes this

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

I would say all of this is debatable.

Absolutely.  But ti's certainly the best argument for intelligent design I've ever heard :)

Antevorta

Antevorta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
How would that be a thrill ride?

It would be probably the most boring experience ever, you get hooked up to some machine and you go to sleep.  You wake up and that's it.  Nothing to tell what it was like because nothing happened to you.  You could be dead for days and it wouldn't feel any different.

If we could bring people back to life that is probably the last thing we would be doing with it lol. 

I think it would be epic! The DMT trip would be transformational. Life would never be the same...  :suicide:

The future is a revolution against the present

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

ANTEVORTA NOOOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
Do DXM, you'll get a similar experience but its not strong enough to make you go insane.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

I'm wondering if in the distant future they will be able to take someone's DNA who has been dead for many years, and implant it into a lab-grown body or indeed an artificial body and bring their consciousness back along with their memory. I'm thinking maybe towards the end of the millennium to the beginning of the next millennium this may be possible.

And also, in many millenniums' time, I think they may actually virtualise life completely, and find a way of a person having consciousness in a virtual universe but no actual physical body, and they could bring back people from the dead and place their consciousness in virtual universes appropriate to them and the time they originally lived in.

Edited by FutureOfToday, 04 April 2013 - 01:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users