Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When will the next species of primate form/become part of civilisation?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Primate Civilisation (19 member(s) have cast votes)

When will the next species of primate form humanlike civilisation?

1. 21st century (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. 22nd century (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. 23rd century (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

4. 24th century (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

5. 25th century (1 votes [5.26%])

6. 26th century (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. 27th-30th century (1 votes [5.26%])

8. 4th millennium (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. 5th millennium (1 votes [5.26%])

10. 6th millennium or later (1 votes [5.26%])

11. Never (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I think it would be great to elevate EVERY living thing on Earth one day. Imagine a world where every living thing is able to think.  That and we can all upload our minds and inhabit any body we want.

That almost sounds like some Disney fantasy land, which would be pretty awesome.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

I think it would be great to elevate EVERY living thing on Earth one day. Imagine a world where every living thing is able to think.  That and we can all upload our minds and inhabit any body we want.

I think that one day this will be very possible and humans will manage to evolve all species on earth. I predict around the year 4000.

midnightr

midnightr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

21st century by human intervention. It's going to happen, even if forbidden by mainstream governments. 

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

21st century by human intervention. It's going to happen, even if forbidden by mainstream governments. 

Actually governments will likely try to run the intervention themselves to increase their power.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,708 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
Yeah I definitely don't think that it will ever happen naturally.  We have too much control over the environment for there to be a need for intelligence in other species.  We put them on endangered lists and nurse them back to acceptable numbers.  We keep track of natural environments and we can even go as far as cloning dead species back.

There would be no need for an animal to develop intelligence.

But that doesn't mean they won't.

I wouldn't bet on it. It'd be enough if only 5% are resentful. Even with dogs! How about a fraction that will declare war on Korea? 

BTW, that could be a great premise for a sci fi book or movie or series. 

I doubt dogs would be automatically loyal if they were as intelligent as humans. Strongly doubt it. Intelligence suggests abstract choice and reasoning- as soon as they realize they're being used...

I think it would be great to elevate EVERY living thing on Earth one day.

Imagine a world where every living thing is able to think.  That and we can all upload our minds and inhabit any body we want.

Interesting.

• FutureOfToday likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
We may come up with the technology to allow trees and bacteria to think and have intelligence. It could be used for security purposes.

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

We may come up with the technology to allow trees and bacteria to think and have intelligence. It could be used for security purposes.

That would make for some tough security.

Practical Mind

Practical Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Very related to the subject:

Birds of a feather talk together

http://www.australia...ble-to-talk.htm

Native parrots, especially cockatoos, seem to be learning the art of conversation from their previously domesticated friends.

The Australian Museum's Search and Discover desk, which offers a free service to identify species, has received numerous reports of encounters with talkative birds in the wild from mystified citizens who thought they were hearing voices.

Martyn Robinson, a naturalist who works at the desk, explains that occasionally a pet cockatoo escapes or is let loose, and "if it manages to survive long enough to join a wild flock, [other birds] will learn from it."

Edited by Practical Mind, 21 April 2013 - 01:47 AM.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

That would make for some tough security.

Yes, it does seem very 1984-esque, but it wouldn't surprise me if they try this.

bloodymary

bloodymary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

You see some cases as more and more mammals like foxes coyote and wolves moving into cities as this will most likely force increasing amount of adaptation in them which may raise the chances of this happening.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Yes, there are so many animals that have already evolved to survive in urban areas, which have only really existed for a few centuries. So it is beginning to happen.

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Yes, there are so many animals that have already evolved to survive in urban areas, which have only really existed for a few centuries. So it is beginning to happen.

Pigeons man, they are the true city bird.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Exactly! Pigeons as we know them today never existed one thousand years ago. Who knows how animals will evolve to live in the cities of 3000?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users