Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General gaming news and discussion

• Please log in to reply
675 replies to this topic

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Does anyone play minecraft? I’ve not tried it yet and am a bit befuzzled at all the fuss, so maybe someone can sell me on it?

PC Gamer have a demo of it, it may be a few updates old, but the basic principle is still there:

http://www.pcgamer.c...minecraft-demo/

I have been on a server hosted by a guy called Crowebird from the city builder games forums, we've been going since October last year, hoping for a year anniversary. Minecraft really is one of the few games that holds interest to me these days, am currently waiting for the Aether mod to be released in the next few days.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
Thanks guys for info on the Minecraft front, I will have to find some time to check it out. Anyone here play EVE Online? I've been subbed almost continuously for the last four years or so, with a few month or two long gaps here or there which have diminished my training points a little (I have just shy of 80 million). Though I'm subscribed I've hardly logged in to do anything but change skills during the last six months, though. Incarna is finally being released today, which gives players the option to control an actual human avatar, instead of just a spaceship...

~Jon

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.
For members who like Back to the Future the last part is out in 2 days on the 23rd June, I think the other parts were really excellent, here is a trailer for it, What do members think?

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

For members who like Back to the Future the last part is out in 2 days on the 23rd June, I think the other parts were really excellent, here is a trailer for it, What do members think?

http://youtu.be/ERGnUcOu9bQ

I've loved the games. Some find them too easy, but to me it's more about the experience. Best one was episode 3 with the Orwellian future. Been looking forward to the last one, and I hope they tie up some loose ends, such as what's happened to "Prime" Doc who disappeared at the end of Episode 2. I hear it might be longer too and feature different timelines.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon
I'm really enjoying Killzone 3. It's graphically amazing. One of the best games on the PS3 -

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
I'm thinking about getting set up with a 360 and PS3, I definitely enjoyed the first kill zone, I hear that in the third one, the landscapes are like that of Halo, sublime is the only word for it..

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
While I'm not really that bothered about 'Star Wars Kinect' this limited edition console by Microsoft that is launching with it is pretty damn neat...

Posted Image

http://www.engadget....-star-wars-kin/

~Jon

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Very tempting to buy it, to bad it has to come with Kinect.. http://www.futuretim...tyle_emoticons/animate/yucky.gif

Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

This has me confused. Nintendo and Wii ushered in the new era of gesture based gaming and now they are going back to a handheld monster controller? Doesn't make any sense to me!!!! I am not a gamer, but this looks strange. How will you use both this tablet controller and the Wiimote? So have they given up on the wiimotes? They could have definitely added more features and functionality to that device than make an entirely new one!

Only one tablet will be compatible with the system, meaning I expect them to push the Wii Remote more. It's a brilliant idea, considering the large number of people that already have Wii Remotes. Add that, coupled with the fact that there are currently no new competing consoles and the new gimmick of taking the game with you, and you have the next big hit on your hands. And they were smart to keep "Wii" in the name.

I'll definitely get it because Nintendo makes the greatest games of all time, and the recent years have only reinforced said belief.

My top 10 favorite video games of all time list probably consists solely of Nintendo games, aside from the very best one there is: Demon's Souls. It was released in North America on October 6, 2009 by a niche Japanese developer known as "From Software," and I fell in love with it. And to think, it was almost not released in North America and Europe.

Its spiritual successor, Dark Souls, will be released on both the PS3 and 360. Sony has the rights to the Demon's Souls IP, so they could not make a direct sequel if they wanted to release it on the 360.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is out this weekend, I have pre-ordered and pre-loaded it on Steam so I'll be able to play it the moment it is released, yay. Really looking forward to it, anyone else going to be playing?

~Jon

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Yeah, I am waiting for my copy, tomorrow it should arrive. I must really finish this game and then I will tell how I liked it or not, Eidos makes mostly higher than average games but I wonder if it is a anti-human-augmentation product.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,106 posts
  • LocationLondon
Looks like I won't be buying Battlefield 3 after all. http://www.tomshardw...news-36274.html I officially hate EA now.

Flatfingers

Flatfingers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I'm just getting started playing DXHR now (well, not this very moment, but currently), having recently finished the generally excellent Witcher 2. I'll do my best to avoid spoilers in what I'm thinking about the game so far. So far it looks like Eidos Montreal have captured many of the incidental bits of the world of the great original game. In just the first few minutes after the start of the game proper, the music references the "UNATCO Ambient" theme, and two of the gags from Deus Ex make their return. The writing doesn't appear to be quite as smart as the original, either in references, dialogue, or political neutrality, but it's still better than what's found in most games. Where I'm less than enthusiastic is the combat. The developers obviously are making an effort to be true to the writing and music and other world-features of the original Deus Ex. This makes it surprising that the combat feels like it's been copied from generic console games of today. In particular, movement and action and UI all clearly were designed for a controller, not mouse and keyboard, so that doing things in the gameworld does not (in my opinion) deliver the same feeling of freedom as the PC-based original game. I'm just continuously feeling frustrated by partially-met expectations. The world feels familiar as Deus Ex, but levels are -- as usual for console ports -- far too cramped versus the PC original. And even in the small spaces allowed, I can't move around and do things in this world as freely as I could in Deus Ex -- timing movement to controller limitations makes it feel like swimming through treacle. It's certainly not a "bad" game. (Although I have read that the inexplicably-included boss battles are pretty lame.) Someone who plays on consoles who never played the PC-based Deus Ex but who more or less enjoyed BioShock will probably like DXHR; it does offer more than the usual game of today. I'm mostly enjoying it, too. It was just always going to be really hard to measure up to the original.

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
I loved the original Deus Ex, but to be honest, I really wasn't expecting much from DXHR. I might get it when it comes down in price, am going to wait and see what a few more people have to say on it, seems as though you are right in saying that a lot of the qualities from the original are direly being replicated in HR.

Looks like I won't be buying Battlefield 3 after all.

http://www.tomshardw...news-36274.html

I officially hate EA now.

Really? only just now...? :p I have hated them ever since they butchered Sim City by releasing 'societies'..

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
I'll likely eventually get it for the PS3. It's disappointing to hear about the levels, but then again, the original Deus Ex set a precendent to open world levels in an FPS. They were huge, so hearing that they aren't so much in this one isn't so surprising. Was the original ever on consoles? Can't remember.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
I’ve played about 15 hours of Deus Ex: HR over the weekend and have really enjoyed it so far. I too struggled a little bit to begin with in adapting to what is clearly a console port but after an hour or so I got used to the controls and can whip around just fine now. The dynamic storyline and ability to take multiple different routes in completing objectives is quite enjoyable and it’s satisfying not being handheld through missions, it doesn’t feel like I’m on an interactive fairground ride following a fixed path (though this isn’t the first game to offer such an experience, it’s always a welcome one). So far so good, there’s plenty to do outside the main storyline missions, even if it takes a little digging sometimes to find it.

~Jon

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.
Bought my new Xbox360 (The black one), and had Deus Ex with it for £189.99 from Game. Looks really good tried the tutorial bit.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Innsertnamehere

Innsertnamehere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I'm a little late here, but I have been playing minecraft since October, and I still hold a strong interest in it. I started off on single player, and when that got boring I started playing on a server. That has recently gotten boring, so I have switched over to a faction-based server. I have easily spent 200+ hrs on it over the last 11 months.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Faction-based server? How does that work exactly? Sounds interesting.

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
I played Deus-Ex the other day and must say, it will be something I will be getting with my xbox, very good game and love the consistent feel of that 'Renaissance' environment they were going for. That yellow like tinge you see in the paintings from that era is something I noticed big time in it and the feel a very thick atmosphere from it. A game hasn't given me an atmosphere like that since GTA IV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users