Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General gaming news and discussion

• Please log in to reply
675 replies to this topic

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon

Looks like I won't be buying Battlefield 3 after all.

http://www.tomshardw...news-36274.html

I officially hate EA now.

U are not the only one, I guess I won't either, and to make this worse I hate how steam collects personal information, although i gave them fake name, spam email address and telephone number in Bhutan, this still does not prevent therm collecting and selling any data they come across on my pc.

O yes and Google also demanded my telephone number before i can proceed to my account, I mean if this isn't intrusive enough they want your phone number as well, this time I gave them number for British Embassy in Tunis.

PPL, never ever give your personal info no matter how well intended, these greedy evil corporations will do everything and anything to rip you off under disguise of offering good service. I am warming up to pirated software more and more now. At least they remove these invasive tracking viruses from games and software before they share it on torrents.
It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Man, Uncharted 3 is going to be awesome. Can't wait for it. Uncharted 2 was my first PS3 game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgJqxJA7q54

http://www.joystiq.c...rlowe-revealed/
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
And one more video:
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
So I got the Battlefield 3 beta installed last night and I must say so far, so good, it's really living up to expectations and the map and game mode they've released to begin with 'metro' / rush are apparently the 'worst' of the bunch according to the alpha and closed beta testers, which means even better things to come with Gold. Really loving the graphics, they are just stunning when turned up to 'Ultra' (and yay for finally having a PC that can handle those settings) and also liking the way the weapons handle so far, though they feel a little light, I guess I'm just going to have to wait for all the unlocks so I can get them upgraded with rails, sights and attachments. Would encourage people to give it a go, available to download and play until the end of next week on all platforms!

~Jon

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Interesting trailer that poppped up today: I've played beta and the game turns out to be really good. Also I wanted to mention Deus Ex: Human Revolution (unfortunately late), I told to say something about it after finishing. This action-RPG was one of the best games I've played in my entire life. The plot was intricate and absorbing. The gameplay was overally good , console-like steering (played on PC) wasn't a problem for me. And it's not a game that takes a position : for or against human augmentation, they present gamer many reasons to take one or other route and belief, totally imparial, your game - your choice.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
^Oh man next week literally cannot come fast enough. This game is going to take over my life!

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,115 posts
  • LocationLondon
I really, really, really hope this game is available on Steam. There's no way I'm using Origin.

Flatfingers

Flatfingers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I finished DXHR recently (followed by Rage). It was... good. Not quite great, not quite as excellent in the scale of the world as the original. But surprisingly, remarkably good. The developers really did make an effort -- with considerable if not complete success -- to replicate the multiple approaches to solving problems. The GOTY edition with all the DLC will be one of the games every PC gamer should own. Now I'm waiting for Skyrim. Call of Modern Battlefield 3... eh.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
I'll likely pick up the GOTY edition at some point then :) I have so many games I want to play, including ones that were released before I got my PS3.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
I’m playing EVE Online again and with Battlefield 3 coming out this weekend I really don’t think I am going to find time to do another playthrough of DEHR any time soon, though at some point I do want to try and complete it without killing anyone (where possible). Not that I’m an achievement sucker but that’d be a fun one to try and get. My first play through was pretty violent, let’s just say my trip to the police station was a lot more violent than Arnie’s in Terminator :D I noticed the new DLC on Steam, I may well pick that up and give it a whirl this week, actually.

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,115 posts
  • LocationLondon
Interesting article on the nvidia site, regarding the technical and graphical aspects of Battlefield 3 - http://www.geforce.c...rformance-guide So annoyed this won't be on Steam.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,115 posts
  • LocationLondon
GTA5 trailer debuts November 2nd

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,115 posts
  • LocationLondon
A review of Uncharted 3, one of the most hotly anticipated games for the PS3 -

http://uk.gamespot.c...g=topslot;img;2

Watch in hi-def. :)

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
Not really news, but something to think about for the next Xbox.

http://www.techdiges...720_produc.html

Real Steel is set in 2020, so it's plausible it would still be popular. Just as likely that this doesn't mean anything at all.

Posted Image
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
I hope the next Microsoft console is called the XBOX 720. I guess they will though, since it'll be a bigger number than 'Playstation 4'. In other news, my 'Battlefield 3' pre-order on Amazon has chanegd to 'dispatching soon' - hope I get it by Thursday (release date is Friday 28th here, I know the US has it already :()

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,115 posts
  • LocationLondon

I hope the next Microsoft console is called the XBOX 720. I guess they will though, since it'll be a bigger number than 'Playstation 4'.

In other news, my 'Battlefield 3' pre-order on Amazon has chanegd to 'dispatching soon' - hope I get it by Thursday (release date is Friday 28th here, I know the US has it already :()

Enjoy having your personal details raped by EA.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

On August 24 2011, EA revised its End User License Agreement, removing several of the controversial sections.[28] They released a statement saying that they had no intention to sell marketing data to third parties, nor install software akin to spyware on its customers PCs.[28] The specific changes to the EULA removed EA's right to transfer collected personally identifiable data to third party users.[28]

^From wikipedia.

At worst, they might scan my hardware and send me some crap emails trying to sell games targeted at my spec. I’ve had origin on my PC all year and my world hasn’t ended yet :p

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,115 posts
  • LocationLondon
You have no idea how much I want that game. :( I have a GTX 580 so I could play in ultra settings with 40 fps... 1920 x 1080 resolution... I think I'll have to just give in, and install it. Sigh.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,115 posts
  • LocationLondon
Posted Image

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
I've been playing Battlefield 3 for the last 4 hours. It's just amazing. More later :p

~Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users