Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

General gaming news and discussion

• Please log in to reply
759 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

^ Looks impressive. Xbox only though?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,745 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

There's rumors it'll also be on PC, which is how I'd get it when it drops.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,745 posts

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

"Little Nightmares" (PC) – Latest game in my library, a platform/adventure which I completed yesterday, and here's a video of me playing.

It's a short game, only five hours or so, but extremely well done.

The story, in a nutshell: you control a small, yellow-hooded girl, who finds herself trapped in a mysterious ship, populated by creepy characters who seem like giants. Most of the game involves trying to avoid these people, by moving stealthily, hiding, and sometimes causing a distraction.

As you navigate through reach room, the story becomes more and more mysterious. In some ways it reminds me of a Roald Dahl story. Almost like reliving a scary book you read in childhood. The sights and sounds you encounter are incredibly atmospheric, with various creaks and groans of the ship, rats scurrying, footsteps and noises from the giant people, etc. There's vintage decor and a slightly gothic/horror feel.

The game is currently on sale (80% off) and I really recommend it!

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

^ Thanks for the recommendation - I just bought it. Haven't played a platformer for a while and I like the look of the art style.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

NoMCmanga

NoMCmanga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA,NY

Hey guys! Any good multiplayer shooters in 2k21? 

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,745 posts

Game maker Valve is partnering with OpenBCI to develop next-gen direct brain interface computer games

In a candid interview with New Zealand’s 1 News, Valve co-founder Gabe Newell sat down to talk all about his future vision for brain-computer interfaces (BCI), and how the technology is set to change everything about how we live (and play) today. From the outside, it seems like Valve is taking baby steps, however Newell says research is going much faster than anticipated.

Newell hasn’t been secretive about his thoughts on BCI, and how it could be an “extinction-level event for every entertainment form.” His message to software developers: start thinking about how to use BCI now, because it’s going to be important to all aspects of the entertainment industry fairly soon.
How soon? Newell says in a talk with News 1 that by 2022, studios should have them in their test labs “simply because there’s too much useful data.”

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

Seriously impressive...

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

I played the original on PC, several weeks back.

Very creepy, and brilliant.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

Ewwww...

*grimace*

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationLondon

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,745 posts

Introducing the next generation of VR on PlayStation

Today I’m pleased to share that our next-generation VR system will be coming to PlayStation 5, enabling the ultimate entertainment experience with dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity. Players will feel an even greater sense of presence and become even more immersed in their game worlds once they put on the new headset.
We’re continuing to innovate with our new VR system so that our fans can continue to enjoy the unique experiences that are synonymous with PlayStation. We’re taking what we’ve learned since launching PS VR on PS4 to develop a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input. It will connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience.
One of the innovations we’re excited about is our new VR controller, which will incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense wireless controller, along with a focus on great ergonomics. That’s just one of the examples of future-proof technology we’re developing to match our vision for a whole new generation of VR games and experiences.
There’s still a lot of development underway for our new VR system, so it won’t be launching in 2021. But we wanted to provide this early update to our fans, as the development community has started to work on creating new worlds for you to explore in virtual reality.
We also want to thank all of our PS VR players for your continued support — with upcoming games like After The Fall, Sniper Elite VR, and Humanity, there’s much more to come for PS VR whether you’re playing on PS4 or PS5. With both PlayStation VR and the next-generation VR system we’re building, our commitment to virtual reality as a medium for games is stronger than ever. We look forward to sharing more details in the future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users