Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How old do you expect to live to?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Age (51 member(s) have cast votes)

How old do you predict you will live to?

1. Up to 80 years old (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

2. 80 - 90 years old (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

3. 90 - 100 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

4. 100 - 120 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

5. 120 - 150 years old (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

6. 150 - 200 years old (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

7. 200 - 300 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

8. 300 - 400 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. 400 - 500 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

10. 500 - 750 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

11. 750 - 1000 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

12. 1000 - 5000 years old (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

13. 5000 - 10000 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

14. Older than 10000 years (11 votes [21.57%])

Percentage of vote: 21.57%

15. Voted I think I will live forever. (15 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

I posted this link here, but some of the new members will probably like it. http://livingto100.c...ivingto100.com/[/url] You have to make an account at the end to see your results but they never send anything to your email.  It's worth it. I get 99, but I can add more years by putting sunscreen on regularly and drinking wine.  In the USA you have to be 21 to drink.  Its a matter of life or death though, I don't see why I can't consume alcohol though.. I don't think this takes technological advancement into consideration, but 1995+99=2094, so by then hopefully some progress has happened lol.  Man, that is a long time from now.  49 years post-singularity.  I wonder how accurate that is?

It predicts that I'll live to 95. Not a bad age at all, but I'd definitely like to work on adding a few more years to my life. Probably would benefit from more exercise. I'm already a vegetarian, and I don't plan on ever smoking or drinking in my life.

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Well, the timeline predicts that the first bicentenarians will exist in 2160, which is what gave me the hope, lol!

Depressingly enough even if the timeline was accurate, the people it's talking about are likely the healthiest and the wealthiest.

I wonder if it takes into account those daring sods that have frozen themselves, do you guys think putting yourself in a sort of stasis will ever catch on?

Or will it be a short lived/non-existant trend?

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

I posted this link here, but some of the new members will probably like it.

http://livingto100.com/

You have to make an account at the end to see your results but they never send anything to your email.  It's worth it. I get 99, but I can add more years by putting sunscreen on regularly and drinking wine.  In the USA you have to be 21 to drink.  Its a matter of life or death though, I don't see why I can't consume alcohol though..

I don't think this takes technological advancement into consideration, but 1995+99=2094, so by then hopefully some progress has happened lol.  Man, that is a long time from now.  49 years post-singularity.  I wonder how accurate that is?

It predicts that I'll live to 95. Not a bad age at all, but I'd definitely like to work on adding a few more years to my life. Probably would benefit from more exercise. I'm already a vegetarian, and I don't plan on ever smoking or drinking in my life.

Wine every night is actually beneficial to your life expectancy, as is eating fish, taking aspirin is also good but I don't do that.  Take some Cod liver oil, its good for your cholesterol and heart health.  I take that and an antioxidant every day.

Eating loads of red meats is not healthy but a little is.  I try and eat the healthiest possible.  I also go to the gym for an hour 6 days a week and on some days run a few miles.  I am about to get back into karate.

I know that seems like a lot, but I have a lot of time at the moment and I hate being stuck in this freaking computer chair all day long.

Edited by SG-1, 10 April 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
I posted this link here, but some of the new members will probably like it.

http://livingto100.com/

You have to make an account at the end to see your results but they never send anything to your email.  It's worth it. I get 99, but I can add more years by putting sunscreen on regularly and drinking wine.  In the USA you have to be 21 to drink.  Its a matter of life or death though, I don't see why I can't consume alcohol though..

I don't think this takes technological advancement into consideration, but 1995+99=2094, so by then hopefully some progress has happened lol.  Man, that is a long time from now.  49 years post-singularity.  I wonder how accurate that is?

Pretty close to 75, I got 71... lol

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
My current exercise extent is walking six miles a day to and from school. I don't really do much more than that except PE lessons and occasionally playing football at school. Probably will need to work on something else.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Curious about the people voting 'forever'. That's an impossibility, you can never say that you've reached 'forever'. Eventually, SOMETHING will happen. It may be in a googolplex googolplex googolplex years, but something will happen.

But yeah, 10000+ for me. I REFUSE to settle for anything less.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Just did the life expectancy quiz and got 80 years smack on the dot, looks like I have some bad habits to kick.

Time I got a job to better manage stress and to pay for all those supplements it recommends.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Supplements are good, just do research.  Whatever goes in your body is really important and not knowing the extent of it is a bad idea.

"My current exercise extent is walking six miles a day to and from school. I don't really do much more than that except PE lessons and occasionally playing football at school. Probably will need to work on something else."

EDIT: Wow, 6 miles?  Isn't there a bus or something?  That has to suck

Edited by SG-1, 10 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
LOL! Just took the test again and voted all of the worst options to see what the lowest score was, an it said that my life expectancy was -5 years. xD

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

Supplements are good, just do research.  Whatever goes in your body is really important and not knowing the extent of it is a bad idea. "My current exercise extent is walking six miles a day to and from school. I don't really do much more than that except PE lessons and occasionally playing football at school. Probably will need to work on something else."EDIT: Wow, 6 miles?  Isn't there a bus or something?  That has to suck

I don't think I explained that very well! I walk 2 miles to the train station, catch the train to school, then walk 1 mile to school, and do the same thing in the opposite direction in the afternoon, so it all adds up to six miles.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Extended lifespan would be lovely and I would like to achieve it. If I don't, I hope that my death is quick and painless. I would possibly get non-biological replacement body parts and then stop being biological altogether (though only if I could feel the same emotions with a non-biological brain that I do wih my biological one). I would also consider cell-repair machines.

Edited by Thaizasaskand, 09 September 2013 - 03:32 PM.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

I am really unsure whether or not we will live long enough to see it, but either way the dead don't care so the only person who has anything to worry about is the living.  I just don't worry about it.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Curious about the people voting 'forever'. That's an impossibility, you can never say that you've reached 'forever'. Eventually, SOMETHING will happen. It may be in a googolplex googolplex googolplex years, but something will happen. But yeah, 10000+ for me. I REFUSE to settle for anything less.
Actually, it's not an impossibility. You can never say "I have lived forever", but you can live without ever dying, with no end ever to come to your life, provided the technology is available. If you never die, then you are "living forever".

Edited by FutureOfToday, 10 April 2013 - 10:24 PM.

Russell's teapot

Russell's teapot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNorway

The second best scenario, and one which I find relatively plausible, is that I die between the age of 100 and 115, and then get cryopreserved in a good condition. The optimal scenario is of course that I live long enough to reap the benefits of advanced life-extension technology, and achieve biological immortality without requiring to be cryopreserved. This scenario I find less likely, though I do not consider it very improbable. Then there's always the possibility that my consciousness gets annihilated by some kind of disease, or in an accident. I voted older than 10 000 years, since I really don't want to die. The thought of non-existence isn't very appealing. My first goal is to reach the year 2100. That would be marvellous.

Theorem: It is always too soon for despair. Proof: We do not know our fates.

- Robert C. W. Ettinger

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

It might be good if you guys edited in your current ages, it's relevant of course.

I wonder how much cryo preserving yourself would cost in 50 years time or what kind of criteria you would have to meet to have it done.

Hoody32

Hoody32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
I'd be happy to get to 70-75. I've seen plenty in my short life and I think seeing the same things over and over would get a little boring.

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
I'd be happy to get to 70-75. I've seen plenty in my short life and I think seeing the same things over and over would get a little boring.

"the same things over and over again"

I'm not sure how much thought you've put into this..

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

http://www.guardian....-to-live-to-100

Took this test a couple of years ago and I am 84, as I was. I lied a bit about systolic/diastolic blood pressure, but I remember that it was nearly perfect anyway (something between 120 and 129 for systolic and something around 80 for diastolic), so I think that my results are accurate enough. I can apparently add 6.75 years to my life expectancy. Anyway, I will now attempt to avoid lowering my life expectancy by going to bed.

Good night everybody!

Hoody32

Hoody32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Rkw" data-cid="42687" data-time="1365634464"><p> <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Hoody32" data-cid="42686" data-time="1365633932"><p>I'd be happy to get to 70-75. I've seen plenty in my short life and I think seeing the same things over and over would get a little boring.</p></blockquote> "the <strong class='bbc'>same things </strong>over and over again"<br /> <br /> I'm not sure how much thought you've put into this..</p></blockquote>

Hoody32

Hoody32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
I didn't know that was a requirement!

Edited by Hoody32, 10 April 2013 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users