Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How old do you expect to live to?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Age (51 member(s) have cast votes)

How old do you predict you will live to?

1. Up to 80 years old (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

2. 80 - 90 years old (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

3. 90 - 100 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

4. 100 - 120 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

5. 120 - 150 years old (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

6. 150 - 200 years old (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

7. 200 - 300 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

8. 300 - 400 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. 400 - 500 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

10. 500 - 750 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

11. 750 - 1000 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

12. 1000 - 5000 years old (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

13. 5000 - 10000 years old (2 votes [3.92%])

14. Older than 10000 years (11 votes [21.57%])

Percentage of vote: 21.57%

15. Voted I think I will live forever. (15 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationBerlin

According to some tests, I am expected to live around 90. I would love nothing more than to extend that lifespan and have more and healthy years ahead of me.

I am aware, though, that neither my lifestyle, nutrition or other things can save me from a premature death in an accident. I could die even before I get close to reaching those 90 years. You never now, you may be walking on the street one day when a vehicle hits you and kills you, or you could be involved in an assault/robbery, and that's it. The odds are inarguably there.

I guess we'll see what our future technology will do for the length of our lifespans. I hope there will be some very remarkable improvement, and I hope to live long enough to see and profit from it.

Edited by Lily, 09 September 2013 - 11:10 AM.

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

San

San

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

According to https://livingto100.com/ my life expectancy is 92.

Given the current rate of increase in life expectancy, my actual age will reach my life expectancy 26 years after that date, when I am 118

I'm both hoping and expecting that nanotechnology and medicine in general will be completely revolutionised by 2110 (I actually expect way before then), and that life expectancy will accelerate over time and that I will end up being able to live forever.

Which is different to living forever.  I suspect that I will make enough changes to my brain that it will be difficult to class me as the same person any more, but then that's already happened in the past 20 years of my life.

However even more dramatic than that, I expect that, at some point between a few hundred years from now and a few tens of thousands of years from now, I will feel that I am done, and will perform a dramatic change in my brain that will end up with me not really be the same person exactly any more, moreso than just a gradual change over time.

Ipecac Drano

Ipecac Drano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm guessing that I'll only make it to 60.

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe

According to https://livingto100.com/ my life expectancy is 92.

Given the current rate of increase in life expectancy, my actual age will reach my life expectancy 26 years after that date, when I am 118

I'm both hoping and expecting that nanotechnology and medicine in general will be completely revolutionised by 2110 (I actually expect way before then), and that life expectancy will accelerate over time and that I will end up being able to live forever.

Which is different to living forever.  I suspect that I will make enough changes to my brain that it will be difficult to class me as the same person any more, but then that's already happened in the past 20 years of my life.

However even more dramatic than that, I expect that, at some point between a few hundred years from now and a few tens of thousands of years from now, I will feel that I am done, and will perform a dramatic change in my brain that will end up with me not really be the same person exactly any more, moreso than just a gradual change over time.

According to that website, I'll live to 89. Which puts my death at 2089 (if nothing happens from now)

Edited by KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe, 25 September 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
Apparently I'm going to live to 98 according to that website. Some "upgrades" will probably be required, then.

eldigato

eldigato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

I love to use the 1st ammendment all the time so it wouldn't surprise me if some shady figs showed up to my house and capped a .556 in my central lobe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I wonder who else clicked the last button on the poll...

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale

RayMC

RayMC

F̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ᴛ̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ʀ̷̲̅ᴇ̷̲̅

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I want to live 150 years minimum.

“Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇᴅ.” - Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ Bʟᴀᴋᴇ

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
^Amazingly, it's the most popular option on the poll. I didn't expect that, but I guess it goes to show how optimistic we, as futurists, are.

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Because that's what most people would want the most on this website

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska, in the land of NSA monitoring

I have some great genes and Livingto100 puts me at 98, so 2097-ish. I'd be fine with living to 80, but hopefully if i make it to 98 some advances can take me to 150. Maybe then I'll try some cryogenics. But realistically I expect to die around 90 or 100.

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it."

For those not in the know, the Dallas Cowboys are an American Football team, and they are terrible. But I must stay strong.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is God.

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Anyway is you guys' motivation to see all the advances and stuff, or do you simply want to live for the sake of not dying? Frankly I think living too long without all the loved ones you have now would be relatively depressing.

For those not in the know, the Dallas Cowboys are an American Football team, and they are terrible. But I must stay strong.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Anyway is you guys' motivation to see all the advances and stuff, or do you simply want to live for the sake of not dying? Frankly I think living too long without all the loved ones you have now would be relatively depressing.

You'll have new loved ones, though.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Unless some surprises pop up, realistically, probably between 75 and 95 years old, thus dying between 2067 and 2088.

Edited by Futurist, 25 September 2013 - 05:37 AM.

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

I'm too much of an interesting person to die an early/casual death.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

I have some great genes and Livingto100 puts me at 98, so 2097-ish. I'd be fine with living to 80, but hopefully if i make it to 98 some advances can take me to 150. Maybe then I'll try some cryogenics. But realistically I expect to die around 90 or 100.

You can try cryogenics (perhaps with a very good chance of success in regards to getting revived with most or all of your memories still being intact) even if you will die at age 80.

Also, if you will live to age 150+ with effective anti-aging technology, chances are that you will live long enough to see a cure to aging developed within your lifetime, thus allowing you to use it in order to achieve rejuvenation and an indefinite lifespan.

You're a male, correct? Also, if you don't mind me asking, can you please share some information in regards to hold long your ancestors and/or other family members lived?

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

You can try cryogenics (perhaps with a very good chance of success in regards to getting revived with most or all of your memories still being intact) even if you will die at age 80.

Also, if you will live to age 150+ with effective anti-aging technology, chances are that you will live long enough to see a cure to aging developed within your lifetime, thus allowing you to use it in order to achieve rejuvenation and an indefinite lifespan.

You're a male, correct? Also, if you don't mind me asking, can you please share some information in regards to hold long your ancestors and/or other family members lived?

My plan is to live as long and full as possible and just hope like hope I can make it to a future time where I can just be cryogenically frozen and have my mind downloaded into a robot or clone or something before I "wake back up". (I'm gonna need some wealthy descendants for this!)

Yeah, I've always figured, you can't just live to 10,000 and somehow die afterward. In 10,000 years, it will be extremely difficult to die. We probably won't even be biological anymore.

I am a male, cursed with the short life. The grandparents from my pa's side are in their 80's and going very strong... both in mind and body. My grandparents from my mom's side died from technically unnatural causes pretty young, but her grandmother lived to be 97 before she died a year or two ago. Don't have any close family with diabetes, cancer, heart disease, any disabilities, etc. Haha whenever I doubt myself I just use my genes as a source of hope that maybe I can live forever! :)

Edited by DallasCowboysFan, 25 September 2013 - 06:02 AM.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

i took the test. my life expectancy would be 2058. i am wishing life extension technology by 2040.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

I very much disagree. Look at your grandparents, or any other elderly member of your family. They probably don't have their parents, or all of their siblings and cousins any more, but they do have their children, grandchildren, nephews and nieces. Do they want to die because they no longer have their loved ones they grew up with? I highly doubt it. That's the great thing about family generations, they can carry on for as long as you wish them to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users