Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Movies Thread

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Talk about movies that you have seen or want to see!

I've seen quite a few trailers for 'Oblivion' with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman on TV, and it does look pretty good. Has it anyone seen it yet?

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Tom Cruise just makes me think of wacky Tom Cruise whenever I see him in a film, sort of ruins any immersion I'd have in the movie.

Few blockbusters due on this summer that I'll go see, can't think of any movies that really stand out as being good, if you know what I mean?

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

There's good pile of movies for this year:

- Oblivion

- Star Trek

- Elysium

- Ender's Game

- Pacific Rim

- Europa Report

- Gravity

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

There's good pile of movies for this year:- Oblivion- Star Trek- Elysium- Ender's Game- Pacific Rim- Europa Report- Gravity

I agree with this list but would like to add:After Earth,The Great Gatsby,Iron Man 3,I also hope Ender's Game is a good movie, because if Hollywood shits on one of the greatest science fiction books, lets just say people will be hurt....

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

I don't really watch movies. The only one released this year that I have seen is Les Misérables; I don't plan to see any others at the moment.

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
Just saw The Place Beyond the Pines which was pretty good. What most interested me is how much the world HAS NOT changed in the past 15 years.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

I just watched Scary Movie V with my mate not lik the other 4 at all.

Posted Image

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Eugh, the trailer for Gatsby made my eyes practically roll out of their sockets Razor, Moulin Rouge take two or something similar.

I'm stoked for Star Trek and Man of Steel, was really hoping there would be a Dredd sequel, but no luck.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Whoa whoa whoa, are they actually making an Ender's Game movie? It's about damn time!

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.

Yep I'm anticipating the Ender's Game movie too... I know they're taking a lot of liberties with it (the kids aren't 6 years old, more like 12 and late teens), but I still hope it turns out well like how Game of Thrones is turning out on TV.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Well, the kids in the book were (SPOILER BELOW)

8 when they went to the school, Ender graduated at age 12, and went to Command school which is 16+ in most cases. So 12-late teens seems pretty acceptable.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
Well, the kids in the book were (SPOILER BELOW) 8 when they went to the school, Ender graduated at age 12, and went to Command school which is 16+ in most cases. So 12-late teens seems pretty acceptable.
I understand the age change since it would likely be impossible to pull off 8 year olds, not mentioning the disconcerting effect of having to constantly change actors as the characters aged in the story. However, I am still weary of Hollywood and other "changes" they could pull.

Edited by razer1994, 18 April 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Pacific Rim looks ridiculous. With that in mind I'm I'll sure enjoy it.

Edited by Rkw, 29 April 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,034 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
Pacific Rim looks ridiculous. With that in mind I'm I'll sure enjoy it.

It's the American version of Japanese-based Godzilla. :D

That recent Godzilla movie was horrible so it doesn't count!

I'd like to watch this one when I can.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales
Talk about movies that you have seen or want to see!

I've seen quite a few trailers for 'Oblivion' with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman on TV, and it does look pretty good. Has it anyone seen it yet?

Yeah I've seen it, it's awesome. It's quite predictable, I think I'd cottoned on to what was going on about 15 minutes in, but that didn't change the fact that I still thoroughly enjoyed it, and there was at least one part near the end that did catch me by surprise.

I'm loving this year for movies, so many dystopian future movies which is my favourite genre! It doesn't matter how bad the film is, if it's dystopian future, I'm almost guaranteed to love it :p

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

I also can recommend Oblivion, just make sure you see it on biggest screen possible. Real fest for eyes. And an elegant one. It's not flashy showoff, it's almost nonchalant way of showing aftermatch of planetary disaster. And music is fantastic.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

This is going to blow your brains out. Realistic space drama, depicting Kessler Syndrome:

Edited by Craven, 21 August 2013 - 07:28 PM.

• wjfox and Cody930 like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,771 posts
  • LocationLondon
This is going to blow your brains out. Realistic space drama, depicting Kessler Syndrome:

That looks insanely awesome. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users