Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Movies Thread

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Movie is said to consist of 156 shots. To put things in perspective - normal movies consist of roughly 5000 shots. Gravity will begin with 17-minute continuous shot of low-earth orbit. It's going to be movie unlike anything cinema has seen.

• wjfox likes this
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

Just booked 2 tickets to see Star Trek as my dad really wants to watch it has anyone else watched or want to watch it?

I was suppose to get a free ticket from cineworld via the Star Trek game from Game but haven't had a email for it yet blooming cineworld so I ended up buying it instead.

Edited by Time_Traveller, 13 May 2013 - 06:46 PM.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales

Just booked 2 tickets to see Star Trek as my dad really wants to watch it has anyone else watched or want to watch it?

I was suppose to get a free ticket from cineworld via the Star Trek game from Game but haven't had a email for it yet blooming cineworld so I ended up buying it instead.

I saw it, thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm not a Trekkie. My mate who is a Trekkie also seemed to be practically having an orgasm while watching it, so whether you're a Trekkie or not, it looks like you'll love it :p

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
Too bad that even in the amazing looking film Gravity there is still sound in space.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

I guess they tried to do it without sound and it was just too bad for drama. I think it's not worth to go for this small bit of realism, while sacrifacing cinematic experience.

OK now little more on Europa Report

"On Demand 06/27 & In Theatres 08/02" (given weird american date style I guess deal is sealed only for cinemas in USA)

http://io9.com/europ...ing-s-493192948 - positive reaction.

Movie is independent and was done "in close collaboration with NASA, JPL, SpaceX" and other representants of scientific community.

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Saw Star Trek the other night, enjoyed it but I think the first of the new series hit it off with more of a bang.

Envious of Cumberbatch's voice. Did anybody else spot Robocop?

Also the new female crew member has the body of an amazon, perfect.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

anyone already watched the movie: "elysium"? 

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

It doesn't come out till august.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

The plot focuses on John Oldman, a departing university professor who claims to be a Cro-Magnon (or Magdalenian caveman) who has somehow survived for over 14,000 years. The only setting is in and around Oldman's house during his farewell party, with the plot advancing through intellectual arguments between Oldman and his fellow faculty members. The movie is composed almost entirely of dialogue.

Posted Image

• CamGoldenGun, Saradus and Unity like this

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

It's not until next year but looks good.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Not until July 2014, better than the original one.

• CamGoldenGun likes this

Stephen Hawking

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Heroes don't die. They just reload.[/font]

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I enjoy the first part of Hobbit but the second was alright, except for the Dragon scene.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Surrogates

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.

The plot focuses on John Oldman, a departing university professor who claims to be a Cro-Magnon (or Magdalenian caveman) who has somehow survived for over 14,000 years. The only setting is in and around Oldman's house during his farewell party, with the plot advancing through intellectual arguments between Oldman and his fellow faculty members. The movie is composed almost entirely of dialogue.

Posted Image

I decided to watch this about a month ago. For a movie that literally takes place in one room and it's just a bunch of people talking and speculating - it's very good (something along the lines of 12 Angry Men).

• Unity likes this

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted Image

Stephen Hawking

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales

Watched this today, fantastic film. Amazing for a film which is basically just a conversation between a few people. Had me drawn in much more than most of the hollywood blockbusters!

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Watched this today, fantastic film. Amazing for a film which is basically just a conversation between a few people. Had me drawn in much more than most of the hollywood blockbusters!

CamGoldenGun

decided to watch this about a month ago. For a movie that literally takes place in one room and it's just a bunch of people talking and speculating - it's very good (something along the lines of 12 Angry Men).

Thank you guys :) I appreciate that you watch the movie I suggest you to watch. Perhaps, this is an interesting movie, ideal for a relaxing philosophical evening.  

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted Image

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Prepare to be blown away:

http://www.kickstart...gfury/kung-fury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users