Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When modern black people will stop to play the victims?

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Eacn country has its own history or racism and racial discrimination, true. Maybe in some areas discrimination against blacks still takes place but in the last 20 30 years black people recieved equality and same opportunties in many western countries around the world.

The president of WFP is black, countless of politicians are black including a president now, in European parliaments blacks are regulary elected and they have same opportunities in school, education, social program...interracial marriges are also taking place.

But today many young black people still complain about slavery, persecution..things that they never directly experience. behind this excuse of past exploitation, they demand more rights, they are often justify for their aggressive behaviour, they can sue just if you talk bad about blacks in the history( they also did bad things to white and asians in the past especially african americans during war) while they can express their racism towards white, and talk bad about white as much as they can.

I am not denying that racism dosent exist, and it is very odd ideology..both racism towards whites against blacks and black against whites..

but i think some black people exagerate and they really get on my nerves sometimes..

I worked in a library at night while i was in England... and black people were the most rude ever..generally speaking..if you told them to put the shoes of table they wouldnt do it, if you tell them to stop shouting they would do it even lauder...if you told them to close the music they wouldnt and they were the ones who always iniciated arguments and fights and i had to go divided them.

Once i told to the manager that the Afro-Carabean are the most troublesome in the library (fact) but the manager told me that I could never say this as it would get me in trouble. However a black collegue of mine agreed with me...he said exactly the same words but then he told me just dont say it...

now you guys know that i am anti-racist and i have lots of black friends...but when do you think this will stop?

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I hope this thread didnt offend any blacks on here because it worths for some not for all. i know lots of black respectble people and they are my friends and for sure they also dislike black who still play the victims.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

are you trying to be a troll?

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
I am half black, but I agree that they do often play the victim.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
are you trying to be a troll?

I respect lots of your comments, but this is very stupid I must say.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ

Don't feel like a troll.

I'm an american black raised in the south and I can tell you blacks playing the victim is just part of the institutional racism that still exist. Many black people are raised to believe that life will be harder for you because of your race, and this fact causes much discouragement among our generation leading to many "victimized" blacks you speak of. 

We were only raised that way, because the last generation of blacks were actually victimized by a racists system. The cuts are still fresh and it will take time to heal.

Omega point or extinction.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,645 posts
  • LocationCanada
Eacn country has its own history or racism and racial discrimination, true. Maybe in some areas discrimination against blacks still takes place but in the last 20 30 years black people recieved equality and same opportunties in many western countries around the world.

The president of WFP is black, countless of politicians are black including a president now, in European parliaments blacks are regulary elected and they have same opportunities in school, education, social program...interracial marriges are also taking place.

But today many young black people still complain about slavery, persecution..things that they never directly experience. behind this excuse of past exploitation, they demand more rights, they are often justify for their aggressive behaviour, they can sue just if you talk bad about blacks in the history( they also did bad things to white and asians in the past especially african americans during war) while they can express their racism towards white, and talk bad about white as much as they can.

I am not denying that racism dosent exist, and it is very odd ideology..both racism towards whites against blacks and black against whites..

but i think some black people exagerate and they really get on my nerves sometimes..

I worked in a library at night while i was in England... and black people were the most rude ever..generally speaking..if you told them to put the shoes of table they wouldnt do it, if you tell them to stop shouting they would do it even lauder...if you told them to close the music they wouldnt and they were the ones who always iniciated arguments and fights and i had to go divided them.

Once i told to the manager that the Afro-Carabean are the most troublesome in the library (fact) but the manager told me that I could never say this as it would get me in trouble. However a black collegue of mine agreed with me...he said exactly the same words but then he told me just dont say it...

now you guys know that i am anti-racist and i have lots of black friends...but when do you think this will stop?

I have had a very different experience with the black friends I have had. Knew many from Belize, Zimbabwe, Native Canadians, and they were all nice and career focused here. Not to be rude but I've worked in tourism one of groups (there are many different generalizations I could make from working in tourism but I WONT) I remember most for being unpleasant were a group of Italian guys, I had to deal with some guys who came to my tourist bureaus and then were complete assholes, who paid to go on a tour of our national historic site and then talked and made jokes while everyone else was like come on guys we are trying to listen. Every culture and race has people who are assholes, play victims, or are otherwise unpleasant, so I wouldn't go making broad strokes. I think blacks have come a long way themselves, and there is now a growing successful class of working black people in America who aren't always playing victims. 

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Don't feel like a troll.

I'm an american black raised in the south and I can tell you blacks playing the victim is just part of the institutional racism that still exist. Many black people are raised to believe that life will be harder for you because of your race, and this fact causes much discouragement among our generation leading to many "victimized" blacks you speak of. 

We were only raised that way, because the last generation of blacks were actually victimized by a racists system. The cuts are still fresh and it will take time to heal.

Thank you for your smart post, i was concerned about your reaction. i respect every races, to me everyone are humans but i agree what obama told to other black people once "it is time you get off from the ghetto". this is what i want to happen.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I have had a very different experience with the black friends I have had. Knew many from Belize, Zimbabwe, Native Canadians, and they were all nice and career focused here. Not to be rude but I've worked in tourism one of groups (there are many different generalizations I could make from working in tourism but I WONT) I remember most for being unpleasant were a group of Italian guys, I had to deal with some guys who came to my tourist bureaus and then were complete assholes, who paid to go on a tour of our national historic site and then talked and made jokes while everyone else was like come on guys we are trying to listen. Every culture and race has people who are assholes, play victims, or are otherwise unpleasant, so I wouldn't go making broad strokes. I think blacks have come a long way themselves, and there is now a growing successful class of working black people in America who aren't always playing victims. 

now we are talking about black victimhood which I saw  both England and US. Why are you picking up the example of a group of Italians? It seems like a stupid indirect attack to me and you are not new to these kind of things whenever I talk about nationalities or ethnic relations. You found a group of italians who were noisy assholes? does that mean that all italians are like that? i can find Arabs, Canadians, Americans who become rude on a trip it dosent mean that they are like that.

Italians have many other common cultural characteristics, the one to disturb people during trips is not one of that.

Sorry your comment seemed inoportune to me.

We all have defects true, but i think people should move on from their past. Look what modern Jews are doing behind the excuse of holocaust. peace to the one who died but this dosent justify you to become a nazi yourself.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,645 posts
  • LocationCanada

now we are talking about black victimhood which I saw  both England and US. Why are you picking up the example of a group of Italians? It seems like a stupid indirect attack to me and you are not new to these kind of things whenever I talk about nationalities or ethnic relations. You found a group of italians who were noisy assholes? does that mean that all italians are like that? i can find Arabs, Canadians, Americans who become rude on a trip it dosent mean that they are like that.

Italians have many other common cultural characteristics, the one to disturb people during trips is not one of that.

We all have defects true, but i think people should move on from their past. Look what modern Jews are doing behind the excuse of holocaust. peace to the one who died but this dosent justify you to become a nazi yourself.

That's the point Italian, when I say paint with the same brush, I'm saying it's not good to generalize that black people are victims. I have heard this nonsense here in Canada in a very different way when it refers to Eastern Canadians, our current prime minister infamously said we have a "culture of defeat", this kind of stereotyping by region of origin is short sighted, there are people who feel they are victims everywhere and of every ethnicity and those that don't. As soon as people make these comments, people resent them and then automatically go hostile against it and reject it outright, there are people who are victims there is no group that is a victim especially in modern day North America. In fact for all the complaints about blacks, I don't think they are that bad, the only group that really really goes for the victim card I see are certain First Nations groups thus see the Idle No More movement, they need to take back their destinies, our current government can't do it for them in Canada!

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

That's the point Italian, when I say paint with the same brush, I'm saying it's not good to generalize that black people are victims. I have heard this nonsense here in Canada in a very different way when it refers to Eastern Canadians, our current prime minister infamously said we have a "culture of defeat", this kind of stereotyping by region of origin is short sighted, there are people who feel they are victims everywhere and of every ethnicity and those that don't. As soon as people make these comments, people resent them and then automatically go hostile against it and reject it outright, there are people who are victims there is no group that is a victim especially in modern day North America. In fact for all the complaints about blacks, I don't think they are that bad, the only group that really really goes for the victim card I see are certain First Nations groups thus see the Idle No More movement, they need to take back their destinies, our current government can't do it for them in Canada!

The problem is that you dont know how to read because I underlined in the message that this dosent worth for all  black people. go back and have a read.

Black victmood is a social fact! there are pubblications on it! about italians being rude on a trip i never heard of such a study!

You are just being rude. you could have use 100s of other example but first of all you should have read my entire message.

"this thread didnt offend any blacks on here because it worths for some not for all. i know lots of black respectble people and they are my friends and for sure they also dislike black who still play the victims."  

Edited by Italian Ufo, 12 April 2013 - 05:09 AM.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Haha. I admire how frank you are, Italian.

One trend that does annoy me is how socially acceptable it's become to make fun of white people. White people are supposedly nerdy, stiff, nonathletic, etc. Whenever anyone raises this point, it's common for others to jump on them saying "Stop whining, it's okay to make fun of white people because they've always been the dominant demographic in the US." Sure, 'white jokes' aren't nearly as painful for white people as black jokes often are for black people. White people were never made to feel uncomfortable in their own skin like black people once were, so the jokes don't dig as deep. But still... wrong is wrong. 'White person' jokes might not be acutely painful since there's no history of discrimination, but they're still insulting and annoying. I've never been anything but respectful towards damn near everyone on this Earth, and I generally expect everyone else to be the same way. Moreover, the frequent 'white person' jokes just keep the feud lodged in the general consciousness by constantly drawing attention to it. 

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ

I think it will all disappear soon. Racism stems from tribalism, and in a computer run world, tribalism is useless. In the future, people will think lowly of you for even bringing up race. 

Omega point or extinction.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Excellent post Casey. I dont know if you watched the movie called "white people can not jump"...well imagine another movie called " Black people cant play soccer"!

what scandle it would be! you would see riots in the street the very next day.

When I was in America I couldnt say anything bad about blacks because you would be labelled as a racist the very next second.

However is accetable for a black to call white men with names..

now why this? did i persecute you? for who give you the right to talk to me like this when you know that i have big respect of you? what you past has to do with our present relations?

This needs to change and the only way to see it is by punishing black racists, by trying to reduce race inequalities where they still exist, by trying to promote programs where black socialize with white... but i wonder how long this will take...

i hope no one calls me a racist or  get my culture insulted or be called a troll...i already recieved enough insults for the day.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,645 posts
  • LocationCanada

The problem is that you dont know how to read because I underlined in the message that this dosent worth for all  black people. go back and have a read.

Black victmood is a social fact! there are pubblications on it! about italians being rude on a trip i never heard of such a study!

You are just being rude. you could have use 100s of other example but first of all you should have read my entire message.

"this thread didnt offend any blacks on here because it worths for some not for all. i know lots of black respectble people and they are my friends and for sure they also dislike black who still play the victims."  

I don't follow what you're talking about. I read the post in it's entirety while most of it I could brush off, you went off topic when you started going on about blacks at the library as if they are the only people that engage in that behavior. That is what I was responding too... 

I know many white people who do the same thing from EXPERIENCE. This is not a black, white issue thing, and has nothing to do with your point on playing the victim. Your comment veered off course as soon as you got here where I interpreted it as well blacks must have a victim mentality because I met some that were assholes. This is why I made the commentary about Italians, does me having a bad experience with one group of Italians mean I should use this as part of some sort of justification for a social theory on a group of people? I don't think so. But this particular argument is off topic with the rest of the victim hood thing. 

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
I think it will all disappear soon. Racism stems from tribalism, and in a computer run world, tribalism is useless. In the future, people will think lowly of you for even bringing up race. 

Thats correct

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I don't follow what you're talking about. I read the post in it's entirety while most of it I could brush off, you went off topic when you started going on about blacks at the library as if they are the only people that engage in that behavior. That is what I was responding too... 

I know many white people who do the same thing from EXPERIENCE. This is not a black, white issue thing, and has nothing to do with your point on playing the victim. Your comment veered off course as soon as you got here where I interpreted it as well blacks must have a victim mentality because I met some that were assholes. This is why I made the commentary about Italians, does me having a bad experience with one group of Italians mean I should use this as part of some sort of justification for a social theory on a group of people? I don't think so. But this particular argument is off topic with the rest of the victim hood thing. 

I talked about my personal experience and not only mine!  many people both in England and in the US had the same views.

Some of these black people are raised to be disrispectful to white people or to act though. Some of them still think that society discriminates them because of their skin colour. This is my opinon on that but you will find many others who will agree with me including black and half blacks.. you can already see this on here!

I took the example of the library because thats the place where i mostly interact with black people i didnt went off topic.

Then again you find thousands of white assholes in this world thats true but it may be from different reason rather than victimhood and past exploitation. Thats a fact!

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,645 posts
  • LocationCanada

I talked about my personal experience and not only mine!  many people both in England and in the US had the same views.

Some of these black people are raised to be disrispectful to white people or to act though. Some of them still think that society discriminates them because of their skin colour. This is my opinon on that but you will find many others who will agree with me including black and half blacks.. you can already see this on here!

I took the example of the library because thats the place where i mostly interact with black people i didnt went off topic.

Then again you find thousands of white assholes in this world thats true but it may be from different reason rather than victimhood and past exploitation. Thats a fact!

I'm not disagreeing with you that there are people who play victims who are black, but there are plenty of other groups of people who do it too... this may be the case in Europe, but it is not my experience here in North America I am more inclined to think of different kinds of people (poor white people, First Nations) before I put blacks in this category... I think the story is there are people we will perceive as victims the world over of all sorts of different colors and races. And it will never end, ever.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I'm not disagreeing with you that there are people who play victims who are black, but there are plenty of other groups of people who do it too... this may be the case in Europe, but it is not my experience here in North America I am more inclined to think of different kinds of people (poor white people, First Nations) before I put blacks in this category... I think the story is there are people we will perceive as victims the world over of all sorts of different colors and races. And it will never end, ever.

i think the day we will meet aliens it may end...we will become more united because now we know that there are complitely different species out there.  But it depends  how much you promote unity and integration. Time is also a cure.  There are many conflicts and conflictual people who complitely disappear through history.

What i hope for this century is that we will become more united has a species and try to leave behind ancient rivaliries. But we need to do something about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users