Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cosmetic Surgery

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

How does anybody predict that cosmetic surgery will change in the future?

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Will nanorobots have any significant role in this in the future, e.g. because they can change the shape of certain features far more precisely than currently possible and it does not require incision of the skin etc.?

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

I read that it's only getting more popular.

If you mean the procedures themselves, then yeah they'll obviously change.

I joked with a friend when we watched the printed kidney video that you'd be able to grow a bigger dick, I was kidding but that's probably true.

Extrapolate that, grow boobs, grow faces. 

Nanites that aid healing, removing scar tissue? Getting rid of fat cells?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I think that full body transplants will be available - so that you can have your brain implanted into a healthy, lab-grown (or even artificial) body.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
I joked with a friend when we watched the printed kidney video that you'd be able to grow a bigger dick, I was kidding but that's probably true.

Haha! Who knows?!

I read that it's only getting more popular.

It is, as far as I am aware. I'm hoping to get some body hair reduction (one of the many types that are increasing in popularity).

Nanites [...] removing scar tissue

I hope so - I'd love to have laryngoplasty, but I don't like the idea of a massive scar sitting in front of it. Mind you, if they could do this, then I'm sure that they could do the larynx without having to cut the skin to get to it, avoiding scar tissue that results from it.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

Discovered an article on Wired a while ago on this topic...

http://www.wired.com...utureofbreasts/

"All Natural: Why Breasts Are the Key to the Future of Regenerative Medicine"

Lol, anyway nice article about modern techniques to regrow breasts. Soon implants will be a thing of the past, and everyone can have perfect sized breasts! All men should rejoice I think haha. Of course this is only the beginning, plastic surgery is going to become less & less invasive, and because of that more popular. Imagine if you could take a pill, or have injections in certain parts of your body to change your shape. I wonder how/if they'll be able to change your bone structure. 

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

OK so I just discovered another website (don't ask how I come across this stuff haha!)... Some of this plastic surgery is unreal. If you can already completely change the structure of someones face right now, what is it going to be like 10 years from now? Will everyone just be beautiful & look the same? Anyho, check it out...

http://kpsurgery.tumblr.com/

I've never really looked into it too much. I guess good plastic surgery you don't notice, you just assume that person always looked this way. You see bad plastic surgery all the time (... just look at celebrities like Lindsay Lohan, her face is ruined), but apparently especially in Korea extensive surgery is very common - as many as 1 in 5 women have something done... 

Madness.

Edited by Ewan, 13 April 2013 - 12:09 AM.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,135 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I imagine before we get medical grade nanite restructuring we will see a lot of new capabilities. They are already looking at ways to leave not visible scars on even the most invasive and radical surgeries, as well as solving some of the scar issues found in darker skin types. There is already a procedure that can turn eyes blue or green.

I've often wondered why transplanted tissues can't simply be gene altered to match their new host, or failing that stripped of their cells and repopulated with the new host cells. That way you could theoretically take stocky fingers and replace them with long slender fingers, or  longer limbs, cuter noses and ears, fuller lips ect.

Reshaping the bones is still a rather traumatic proceedure. but I can imagine the ability to custom print whole skeletal sections and populate them with living tissue which would allow for radical changes in physical form.

skin color changes, tissue implants. We could do a lot.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Thats a cosmetic surgery that will become very popular but i dont see this happening before the end of 30s.

One of the craziness we will experience is that people will start to mix animal genes or brand new genes to change color to body part or shapes.

Peraphs you can go on a date with a lady that has the upperbody of a human and the legs of a tiger.

Other people will put wings, make their skin color of flashy green or blue etc...

but this technology seems that wont belong to this century yet.

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Other people will put wings, make their skin color of flashy green or blue etc...

Tacky as fuck, these will be that generations massive plug earrings and terrible tattoo's.

You guys seen that "Catman" guy? Had implants and facial tattoo's, even wore a tail everywhere..

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

The only thing is that these body modifications may be reversible.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Oh yes, of course. It probably will be available before the end of the century to have wings and tails and horns and other weird shit put on your body.

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
I'd love functional wings. However, I'd probably just wait for mind uploading and try being a bird or something. Or I could try VR flight. I doubt surgery is the best option. Although, it will be fascinating to see what people come up with. There's a book called extras that has these sort of things in. I'll find out the author when it isn't 2 in the morning. EDIT: who needs sleep? The book is by Scott Westerfeld. It's the fourth part of a series set a couple of hundred years into the future in a dystopian future where the general populace undergo massive plastic surgery when they are 16, in order to make everyone 'pretties' but they also undergo an operation without their permission or awareness which cuts their ability to think properly. Now that I've posted this I'll probably read the whole series again. It's a great series.

Edited by CLB, 14 April 2013 - 01:11 AM.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
Oh yes, of course. It probably will be available before the end of the century to have wings and tails and horns and other weird shit put on your body.

You can have horns of a sort put in now (implants that are meant to be horns, anyway). Just look at this man: http://www.teamliqui...?topic_id=97908

Not a good look.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Less invasive surgery will probably replace the more invasive procedures that are commonplace today - demand for such procedures will fuel research into this.

The other month, a girl was saying that she wants genetic engineering so that she can glow green (as the teacher shown us a picture of a genetically engineered mouse with glowing green skin). Unfortunately, that might clash with her overuse of fake-tan outside of school. I ruined it for her and told her why this wouldn't work (genotypically, not phenotypically).

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Do you think that animated tattoos will ever be possible?

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Do you think that animated tattoos will ever be possible?

possibly but they wont be made of ink

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Yes, they certainly won't be made of ink.I've seen concept art of touchscreens integrated into hands, arms and other body parts. I think that in a couple of centuries time, we will be able to turn our entire body surface into a screen. Perhaps we can download tattoos from the internet or even just design them in our minds and have them appear virtually on our body, erasing them with our minds when we no longer want them.

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Animated tattoos would be awesome!

Edited by CLB, 14 April 2013 - 08:48 PM.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois
Animated tattoos would be awesome!

Unless you become poor and have to rent your skin out to ad agencies to put bread on the table...

What difference does it make?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users