Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cosmetic Surgery

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Yeah that would suck.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
Well, I wouldn't mind walking around for a few days with Tetley teafolk running around my face if it earned me a bit of dosh. ;)

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
It wouldn't be so bad if it was only temporary. An easy way to make fifty quid.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Hell nah, Why do that when we can genetically engineer the human race and create the ultimate breed of humans?

How does anybody predict that cosmetic surgery will change in the future?

Becuase they may not like the nose that their parents picked for them?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I think on-body screens will be developed before the ability to create a perfect race.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
I think on-body screens will be developed before the ability to create a perfect race.

Probably.

A 'perfect race' is very subjective and it can be as good as perfect in the eyes of the majority, but not in the eyes of everybody. For example, a perfect race in the eyes of some may be intelligent and all look similar to this:

Posted Image

. On the other hand, they may be of average intelligence (by today's standards) and be more diverse in their appearance. Some people may define a perfect race the current, 'natural' one).

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth
Discovered an article on Wired a while ago on this topic...

http://www.wired.com...utureofbreasts/

"All Natural: Why Breasts Are the Key to the Future of Regenerative Medicine"

Lol, anyway nice article about modern techniques to regrow breasts. Soon implants will be a thing of the past, and everyone can have perfect sized breasts! All men should rejoice I think haha. Of course this is only the beginning, plastic surgery is going to become less & less invasive, and because of that more popular. Imagine if you could take a pill, or have injections in certain parts of your body to change your shape. I wonder how/if they'll be able to change your bone structure. 

Don't you think that would be boring if every girl had perfect features?

Edited by bee14ish, 15 April 2013 - 11:45 PM.

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Discovered an article on Wired a while ago on this topic... http://www.wired.com...utureofbreasts/[/url] "All Natural: Why Breasts Are the Key to the Future of Regenerative Medicine" Lol, anyway nice article about modern techniques to regrow breasts. Soon implants will be a thing of the past, and everyone can have perfect sized breasts! All men should rejoice I think haha. Of course this is only the beginning, plastic surgery is going to become less & less invasive, and because of that more popular. Imagine if you could take a pill, or have injections in certain parts of your body to change your shape. I wonder how/if they'll be able to change your bone structure. 

Don't you think that would be boring if every girl had perfect features?

I think if anybody was "perfect" they would be boring.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,136 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I'm already bored with the popculture idol. Some time around the jessica simpson and brittany speares days I hit a point where I couldn't tell these injection molded celebrities apart. It's getting worse now because now even some of the boy bands and what not not only do the individuals of the band all look alike to me, but they have a startling number of common features with the girl stars.

Diversity is disappearing as our cultures homogenize and our social interactions move away from being people of substance into more of a surface image based culture based on appearances (appearing to be wealth, appearing to be smart, appearing to be careing; all those sought over actually being any of those things through effort) and thus there is less that is developed beneath the surface. And in that type of environment the only way to identify yourself as part of a group is... by looking the same and acting the same. Because individually and culturally there is no looking or developing beyond those factors.

You actually have to fall off the map into undergrounds before you find substance.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I'm already bored with the popculture idol. Some time around the jessica simpson and brittany speares days I hit a point where I couldn't tell these injection molded celebrities apart. It's getting worse now because now even some of the boy bands and what not not only do the individuals of the band all look alike to me, but they have a startling number of common features with the girl stars. Diversity is disappearing as our cultures homogenize and our social interactions move away from being people of substance into more of a surface image based culture based on appearances (appearing to be wealth, appearing to be smart, appearing to be careing; all those sought over actually being any of those things through effort) and thus there is less that is developed beneath the surface. And in that type of environment the only way to identify yourself as part of a group is... by looking the same and acting the same. Because individually and culturally there is no looking or developing beyond those factors. You actually have to fall off the map into undergrounds before you find substance.

I hate pop culture, it is all capatilised social engineering. And the great problem is that it engineers society in the wrong direction.

The End or The Beginnning

The End or The Beginnning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOkinawa, Japan
Yes, they certainly won't be made of ink. I've seen concept art of touchscreens integrated into hands, arms and other body parts. I think that in a couple of centuries time, we will be able to turn our entire body surface into a screen. Perhaps we can download tattoos from the internet or even just design them in our minds and have them appear virtually on our body, erasing them with our minds when we no longer want them.

I've thought a lot about ubiquitous computing, and neural nanobots, but this never occured to me. So cool.

"Exponential growth looks like nothing is happening, and then suddenly you get this explosion at the end." -Ray Kurzweil

Tommy_Vercettix

Tommy_Vercettix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I'm thinking of non-invasive cosmetic improvements. Without surgery for example.

For example, nosejobs, earjobs or whatever will be way simpler to be made, without time-consuming recovery periods or invasive scars.

We could be of the height/weight we want, and have the body posture we want.

Edited by Tommy_Vercettix, 03 June 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

i think stem cell procedure already has that. but disaster cna be much worse. one woman had a stem cell injection in her breast and butt at the same time. the stem cells in her butt grew in all the wrong directions. now, there is no way for correcting it by surgery because it is totally merged with the muscle cells or arteries. im not sure how it was explained specifically but surgery for her would be life threatening.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
I'm thinking of non-invasive cosmetic improvements. Without surgery for example.

For example, nosejobs, earjobs or whatever will be way simpler to be made, without time-consuming recovery periods or invasive scars.

We could be of the height/weight we want, and have the body posture we want.

I know that you were referring to non-invasive surgery, but you can become, through (invasive) surgery, the height that you want through leg (length/short)ening. This procedure is very rarely carried out and is generally used to correct problems with leg lengths (e.g. one leg is abnormally long), but there have been a few known cases where adults with perfectly good legs have had leg lengthening to add a couple of inches to their height.

https://www.nlm.nih....icle/002965.htm

This is one of the more successful cases, as well as one of the biggest growths from such a procedure:

http://www.dailymail...HES-taller.html

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

I would like to see wrinkles disappearing with stem cells in the next decade...i would like to keep my face Always Young.

the problem is with growin skin..our skin also turns bad because it keeps growing...at least so i heard once

when do you think we could say good bye to wrinkles?

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Apparently, 'social networking' is now catalysing growth of the cosmetic surgery industry.

http://ozarksfirst.c...t?nxd_id=824152

This wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

Edited by Thaizasaskand, 21 June 2013 - 08:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users