Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

One way trip to Mars in 2023

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

razer1994

razer1994

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Haha, I know this isn't the sensible way to think about it, but the chances of being one of the select few to be chosen seems so minute. Could I just up and leave everyone for a decade? Perhaps forever? Could you guys? EDIT: They're asking for a $30 fee to register..

I could. I honestly very much want to. But having billions of people staring at me through a camera while I launched to my probable death? No thanks. Seriously though? If you're unwilling to cough up $30 than I have my doubts that you'd actually be willing to go.

I would go, since unless there is some calamity on earth new missions will be sent to mars, maybe even as soon as a year later. Within 10 years you would probably be able to return as an active mars base/space port would be built.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

That register fee is actually a great way to avoid spam and ppl that are not really determined.

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Haha, that's true.

But a fee coupled with the small chance of going is basically like a very expensive lottery to me.

After reading through their site and watching video's of other applicants I'm not sure I would want to go. I can't imagine being trapped with some of those people for the rest of my life.

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Haha, that's true.

But a fee coupled with the small chance of going is basically like a very expensive lottery to me.

After reading through their site and watching video's of other applicants I'm not sure I would want to go. I can't imagine being trapped with some of those people for the rest of my life.

Yeah, I just watched through some of the videos. A lot of interesting characters...

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Without being sexist, the women are the worst, so many of those have a "Yes I'm a girl! Yes I'm a gamer! Don't flirt with me you silly boys!" thing going on, it's unbearable.

Or maybe I'd just have a larger investment in the few women I'd be around for the next decades, so I'm more inclined to be picky.

I guess all that is besides the point, you're going to colonise mars not get laid.

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationSlocan Park, BC

I won't bet on chances of this plane being a success until they can create a fusion rocket.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

I recon someone is spam voting for that Anders dude... his popularity is crazy, and he's really not very interesting at all. 

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Do we even have the technology for this kind of venture? I'm almost certain that we don't. Until we have achieved a level of 3d printing where it would be easy to "print" buildings on Mars, I think we are not ready.

Though to be honest, who actually thinks these people are pioneers? It will be another century before Mars colonization becomes an actual prospect. These people are going to live on an empty world, barren, deserted and empty of all life and slowly go mad.

Let's be realistic guys. 2023 is crazy early.

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

O'Niel you should really read their website

• Craven likes this

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
I'll read it now

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

I will go to visit Mars when (if) it has been terraformed (at least partially, as I would be in an artificial body that may be able to better cope with such conditions). That is if I live to reach the day that this is the case.

Living on Mars now? NO F*****G WAY! I would miss Earth (and the things that it has, e.g. family and friends, technology, places etc.), it would be a problem if I fell out with somebody and, most of all, it is REALLY DANGEROUS! In addition, I would not want to be in the company of the same people for the rest of my life. That sounds impossibly depressing, even if they are great people!

• WithoutCoincidence likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users