Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who would want to save via floppy disk?

Retro Storage Future Floppy Disk icon application replace

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

I still use an eraser. As paperless as stuff is today, schools still require you to write everything and you would be crazy to do math with a pen.

Pwaa

Pwaa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationUK
They should just put a picture of a brain, for memory. So your saving it to memory, whatever form that might take.

This makes sense actually.  Although people recognise the floppy disc as a universal save icon and while its out of date, does it really need replacing?  Even if they don't know what a floppy disc is, they know that it means save.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon
I still use an eraser. As paperless as stuff is today, schools still require you to write everything and you would be crazy to do math with a pen.

You would? Why? I haven't used a pencil since.... I was 16? Other than drawing perhaps. How often do you actually rub stuff out lol? Even if you've got something incorrect you still need to be able to see it to know where you've gone wrong, and it may help you in the future. 

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Do you know the origin of the 'stop' 'play' 'pause' 'fast forward' 'rewind' and 'chapter skip' buttons?

Nope..you should tell it

I don't know either.  I was making a point that people don't need to change them to be relevant. I looked back on the previous posts and it looks like someone else already made that point though.

Ohh... I thought you genuinely wanted to know! xD

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

I use an eraser all the time. Who wants a paper with cross marks all over the place? It wouldn't be that big of an exaggeration to say that I probably make some minor mistake in every math problem I do and need to erase something. It is actually very common if you are doing math problems that requires a dozen or more steps to solve.

I don't write as much, since usually writing can be done on computers, but when I do write I also use an eraser a lot since I am a poor speller and usually need to correct a lot of things.

And yes, I have an actual eraser because I have worn all the erasers off the ends of the pencils. Though I am in college at the moment, if I wasn't taking classes there, I probably wouldn't use a pencil nearly as much. Though I still always prefer a pencil over a pen. My motto is, Everyone makes mistakes, so use a pencil not a pen.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I think, with the exception of art departments, schools should completely do away with pen and paper in favour of computers. There is nothing other than certain artworks that cannot be done virtually these days. Instead of exercise books and folders, everything could be stored on a student's individual netbook or tablet. Would save a lot of money and unnecessary effort.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Retro, Storage, Future, Floppy Disk, icon, application, replace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users