Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future of (Non-Electronic) Clothing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
What do you think will happen to clothing as we know it in the near future? I'm not talking about electronic clothing, I mean just regular clothing that we wear today. Many people seem to think that socks will disappear in less than 20 years.

Jake Epping

Jake Epping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Within the next 10 years more clothes will have be made of materials with superhydrophobic attributes - allowing them to repel liquids and stains. They will also resist wrinkles, fungus, odors and bacteria. 

Edited by Jake Epping, 01 June 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

If anything it will be integrated with the advance in technology. I cant see a situation where EVERYONE decides to throw out old clothes because it doesn't have the capabilities of the current generation. Another potential for the old clothes would be to donate them to people who cant even afford to buy clothes. I'm sure there will still be poverty in 10 years, probably not as bad today, but the idea still remains.

TetrisAttack

TetrisAttack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
*****Around 2016 or so, the 90s will come back as a retro look. Flannel shirts made a short-lived comeback around 2007, but that was mostly about the hipster idea of ironic clothing from every era. This will be a full-fledged 90s revival. *****But this neo-90s look will be different from the original 90s look. This time around, the grunge aesthetic will be mixed with clothing inspired by the "flat" look that's swept the internet for the last couple of years. *****Example: a very basic, off-white t-shirt with a single thin line on it. - sort of like windows 8 in clothing form. And people will wear flannel shirts, ripped jeans and combat boots with it. *****A few years later, we'll start to see mass-produced clothing that integrates with your smartphone. The thing is, it will never be COOL. It'll be the clothing that people wear if they don't care much about fashion. *****Around the same time (2025?), I think we'll start to see one of the first major backlashes against technology. This will be reflected in the clothing, possibly as truly old clothing, like 1800s or maybe even clothing that looks like its from the middle ages. Basically, anything that looks like it's from an era long before computers. *****Then again, people might be wearing completely differert stuff. But clothing is definitely a reflection of society's mood. Since Society is currently obsessed with technology, the next 20 years in fashion will be about making a statement for, or against technology.

Edited by TetrisAttack, 26 June 2013 - 11:46 AM.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I hope you're right about 90s clothing! 90s clothing looks way better than the clothing of today, and it wouldn't surprise me if it did return at some point. I've noticed that this year, lots of people seem to be wearing 1940s/50s/60s-style jumpers and other items of clothing. Strange how certain eras seem to make comebacks at times.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth
Many people seem to think that socks will disappear in less than 20 years.

I never heard anyone say this before. I think that socks will still be around for a while as a fashion tool and also to prevent the sweat from one's feet from getting into one's shoes.

Noctis Futuris

Noctis Futuris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAustralia

[color=#add8e6;]Fashion is becoming increasingly minimal. If you have a look at the 2014 summer/spring styles of virtually any high fashion label, you'll find things that look like they belong on a science-fiction movie set.[/color]

[color=#add8e6;]In saying that, a lot of the garments actually look good and wearable. It's commonplace for designers to create things that people, at least in the majority of western society, would never wear (because of both the style and the extremely high cost). So to actually see really intriguing and wearable futuristic stuff, I'm pretty hopeful that we'll one day get rid of this generic uncultured garbage.[/color]

[color=#add8e6;]As for the 90's clothing revival, that's already happening. I consider it one of the best things to happen to fashion in awhile, however, it's very alternative at this point in time. For more information look up seapunk, vaporwave or 90's grunge fashion. Very creative and futuristic stuff happening there.[/color]

NOCTIS FUTURIS

Portfolio // Soundcloud // Tumblr

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I don't get how "trends" are planned out in advance. How do they already know what's going to be "fashionable" in one/two years' time? But they already have 2014 and 2015 planned out it seems. Very odd.

tiyalian

tiyalian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationchina

the future clothing will be more comfortable and convenient,of course it will be more beauty.

no such thing as too much when it comes to crystal iron on transfer,custom rhinestone designs……,beause we should all shine.....

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I remember self cleakning clothing hitting the enws as being developed by the Japanese two or so years ago. Who knows what happened to it.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
It happens all the time. We see "huge advancements" in the news and don't hear anything else about them for years afterwards.

inkybinky3

inkybinky3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAbu-Dhabi, UAE, Middle East, Asia, The Earth, A Solar System, The Milky Way, The/A Universe

We won't be wearing clothes.

That's what I think, anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users