Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Will there ever be a time where literally everything is possible?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Immovable in all directions. Sorry it's not about comprehending, it's about logic. :)

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,105 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
But then it wouldn't be immovable. I want to be able to create immovable rock and move it. Check-mate, no can't do. :)

Quantum rules would apply- it would be both movable and immovable at the same time.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

You mean it would be movable and immovable until someone looked at it, or observed it in any way. Such as creating it; you observe it by knowing it's been made with parameters X, Y, Z. Face it, Craven's got you beat there. So here's another one.

I want to create a rock so heavy I can not lift it in any gravitational field, even in microgravity. I create it, and then I CAN NOT lift it, by DEFINITION. I can lift it, then I COULD NOT create it, by definition.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
Immovable in all directions. Sorry it's not about comprehending, it's about logic. :)
I'm suggesting that we may be able to create new dimensions for this to be possible, and that most certainly cannot be comprehended with a modern mind, which is the point I'm trying to make.

Gamewizard71

Gamewizard71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Well I have a proposition. If something is imaginable. Shouldn't it be possible somehow. I mean if something is impossible wouldn't it be unimaginable. If a rock that is immovable cannot move but is imagined that is has been moved. Then it has been done, no? If you can imagine a species going extinct... that is possible. Imagine a species not becoming extinct... that is possible. Things that were once thought of as impossible for example flying. It was made possible. Reviving someone was impossible then. Future tech will make it possible. We do not know all there is about space time. All we have are theories. Actually we practically know nothing about math and science because they are all based on theories. Incomplete theories too. Almost nothing is definite. An immovable object actually seems impossible because how can you imagine an immovable object, If all matter is in constant motion? Even solid objects which appear motionless are moving. Their particles are vibrating. Nothing is actually not moving when you think about it, not even the universe itself. It is also constantly expanding. Nothing is really immovable... in a virtual world an object can be made immovable... but you can program it to be moved. So technically it is not immovable. If something is immovable it must not be able to be moved at ALL. If you imagine an immovable object it can still move if you imagined it moved. So therefore it is not immovable. An immovable object cannot be imagined if a movable object can be imagined.  Because if a movable object was imaginable then an immovable object can be imagined movable. Which means an immovable object either is both immovable and movable or an immovable object can not exist. Just like the universe is infinite so are the possibilities.

Edited by Gamewizard71, 21 June 2013 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users