Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Heavy Questions You've Wanted To Ask About The Future...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,105 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Here's mine.

If we were to achieve "quantum life", where our very consciousness merged with the quantum fabric of space-time and became one with space-time and we would be freely able to traverse across space-time, then would that mean I would be alive before I was conceived? 

How do I know I'm not living in the future right now, and my perception of reality simply hasn't caught up?

Edited by The Young Homo Maximus, 13 June 2013 - 01:55 AM.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Have you been smoking reefer?

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Are we all in a virtual reality simulation right now, and when we 'die' the game ends and we wake up in the future?

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

What is the ultimate reality plane we will achieve?

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Chronicle

Chronicle

Excellent source of Vitamin C

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

"Homo maximus means "Greatest Man", and refers to a mythical omega point transition between transhumans and posthumans. No, Derivative. It does not mean "The Biggest Gay."  Please ignore Derivative. He's a 12 year old stuck in a 21 year old's body."

This is not related to the thread, but I have to say that this is by far the funniest thing I have read on the forums.

Edited by Chronicle, 13 June 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Yes.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,105 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
"Homo maximus means "Greatest Man", and refers to a mythical omega point transition between transhumans and posthumans. No, Derivative. It does not mean "The Biggest Gay."  Please ignore Derivative. He's a 12 year old stuck in a 21 year old's body."

This is not related to the thread, but I have to say that this is by far the funniest thing I have read on the forums.

Yyyeah, that has a bit of a history to it.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Kabe Ayofe

Kabe Ayofe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

When will Aliens make first contact?

Will there be a Utopia in the future?

Can we live forever?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
Is live in 3000 better or worse than in 2000?

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Where the FUCK are the aliens at. that's what i want to ask the future.

For some reason i have the strange suspicion that my descendants in the year 2400 will be asking the same question......

We never know though, they could end up coming in our life time...

Also, what's it like to live in a society where the disease of aging has been cured, ignorantly wondering how did people ever cope with the fact that you simply just live and then die, watching loved ones pass away and continuing the circle of life.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

When will the first flying car be sold as a product to the general population?

Is technology advancing as fast today as it was in the 1950's? Sometimes I have my doubts.

When will deadlier forms of cancer be cured?

When will we get a sane science policy in this country?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users