Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What would you like to see developed within the next two decades?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

What would you like to see developed within the next two decades?

Me----

-A way to generate successful fusion power!

-A energy source/method for warp "speed".

-A way to cut groud to orbit to only a few hundred thousand dollars. This would open up space...I'm rooting for the grass hopper and skylon design.

-Robotic farms that can grow food for far less "money"=lower food prices for the people.

-Cure for Cancer

-Bio-printing for all of your organs

-Batteries that could keep your lap-top working for a week without recharging!

Just a few things that I'd like to see by 2030. ;)

Edited by Matthew, 14 June 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Virtual Reality

Stem Cells pharmacies

wide spread Robots in surgery rooms

Vertical factories

4D TVs

New Sports on TV

3D Printers

Transparent Airplanes

many hotels under the water

Fat Pill

A cure for cancer and HiV

Instant shaver

Something better than AC

changeable walls in every room

more green areas in the city

GMOs

Auto-Parking Cars

Electronic Pats

Wrinkle/Skin cure

Organs Printing

FallenPears

FallenPears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUK

For me virtual reality and nanotech are the big two, mainly becasue i think alot of the stuff you guys listed could be potentially solved by nanotech, and VR looks alot of fun.

Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Augmented reality

Relatively close to complete understanding of human brain

Brain enhancements

Beginning of brain computer data transfer tests

Beginning of virtual reality simulated in brain tests

Respirocytes

Tasty 3d printed food (mainly meat)

High powered ion thrusters

Mass produced graphene

Robots that are very human like

Personal robot doctors

Better games

Advancements in cryonics

3d printed electronics

Better brain computer interfaces 

Better prosthetics

Better Exoskeletons

Cheaper space travel

Synthcraft

Synthcraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUnited States

A conservative guess is that we'll see mainstream 3D 4K TVs, VR simulations being extremely lifelike akin to the Matrix for use in video games, a cure for baldness, several cancers, HIV and AIDS. 3D printing will take off as well. More idealistically though, fusion power, massive expanses in nanotechnology, and cryonics. Really hoping for cryonics research to get a big move on by the 2020s.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,402 posts
  • LocationLondon

A cheap and ubiquitous method of storing CO2.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
I'd like to think mine are reasonable given the current pace of some of the precursors. 1) the development of 3d printing to reach the point where clothing and solid metal objects can be made at home cheaply from a few base ingredients and they are as good as traditionally manufactured versions. 2) The 3d printers can print out all the parts you'd need for a 3d printer. 3) Using a few ingredients which have very long shelf lives, you can print food and medicines for your needs. 4) programmable matter with poppy seed resolution and color changing capability. 5) power efficiency in portable computing that can harvest the energy it needs from solar collectors on it's case (much like the solar calculators we have now). 6) closed circuit distillation toilet, and also sinks, showers, and washing machines. so that all waste water from hygene does not pollute natural water supplies and the water we use in the house will not take from the environment. Bringing the total water consumption per human on the planet to aproximately one gallon a day for drinking. 7) Broadband internet freely accessible to nearly anyplace on earth. 8) solar, wind and geothermal options provide the majority of energy for each household in the developed world. with the advent of storage and better materials as well as cheaper home installation costs, mixed with much higher energy efficiency in everything. 9) The first posative yield fusion reaction is demonstrated and plans begin in constructing commercial power plants. 10) recycling units, like the reverse of the 3d printers can break down most any type of trash into materials for 3d printers. 11) CO2 recycling through bacterial cultures that convert it to methane for use in powering trucks and planes and cargo ships (which burn it to produce CO2 which we filter out of the air and feed to bacterial cultures which turn it to methane... all the parts exist for this now. It's not free though, the bacteria require energy input to make the conversion, but with solar and wind and geothermal options available and ultimatey fusion...) 12) the first organ scaffold either printed or taken from animal or human sources and cleaned and repopulated with the cells of the reciever such that they have a new organ to replace a damaged or destroyed one and need not worry about rejection or graft vs host problems. 13) resolution of most immune based illnesses and inflammatory disease. 14) colony on moon and mars. 15) robotic assistants 16) life expectancy averages around 100 or more. 17) nonsurgical treatments for cancer achieve a 98% survival rate with little to no side effects. 18) aero/ hydro/ aqua- ponic farms, exist in all major cities and provide a large percentage of the food supply. 19) the first reversible stasis of organ and tissue is achieved though improved processes. Leading to the possibility of storing cells for later repair, and making organ banks possible on the same scale as blood banks. 20) off world travel within the budget of most people. I think there is a good chance we could see these things happen in the next 35 years, if we really pull our shit together we could maybe do it in two decades. There will be much more besides but these are the things I most hope for, as they will change the very nature of the way we life and enjoy our lives, for the better.

Edited by kjaggard, 15 June 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

tornado64

tornado64

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationChina

Augmented reality

Asteroid mining

cheaper space travel

cheaper and more advanced 3D printing 

personal robots 

self-driving cars becoming mainstream

breakthrough in increasing lifespan

LENR does work and becomes comercially available

vertical farming 

Calle

Calle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Immortality :)

NanoTechnology 

Cryonics

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Thought-controlled augmented reality contact lenses

Ubiquitous driverless cars

Ubiquitous 3D printing

Electronic LED wallpaper to replace televisions/computer monitors

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

I'll also add electric paper and flat screens to my list with

-Weight control pills. ;)

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Don't forget tanning pills.

Calle

Calle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Really? Tanning Pills?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Dental regeneration. I cannot wait until I am able to replace my horrible teeth! Oh yeah, and a proper cure for acne as well.

Edited by FutureOfToday, 16 June 2013 - 09:17 PM.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

What would I like to see developed in 20 years?

My bank

Seriously I'd love to see some sort of neuro-implant to merge computers with man.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Really? Tanning Pills?

A pill that (hopefully safely) stimulates melanin production. Not very far-fetched, I believe.

MAX

MAX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Star Trek replicator and full virtual reality immersion
Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own. -Big Boss MGS4

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationSlocan Park, BC
Asteroid mining.

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

The only thing else I can think of that hasn't been listed is a basic income guarantee.

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Oh, and the metaverse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users