Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Y to X - Ultimate Gender Swap?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
YY is a common mutation and doesn't cause much noticeable change in a female. Most never know

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

YY is a common mutation and doesn't cause much noticeable change in a female. Most never know

I think you mean XY. Currently, AFAIK, human beings with YY chromosomes cannot survive (for very long, at least).

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationBerlin

^ That's the way I remembered it too. The Y chromosome is smaller than the X, and its major purpose is to define and "kickstart" the development of male features and, I think, most of its genes are responsible for sperm production. As far as I know, there are biological mechanisms that cause the X chromosome to be able to compensate for their missing "partner" chromosome, so that males aren't impaired by the lack of a second X. In females, the second X is mostly "shut down", so that naturally, only one X is responsible for the genes it carries.

I'm sorry if it's a bit vague, but I can't explain it better in English. I guess there are more knowledgeable folks on here that can do a better job at it.

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Maybe I was wrong. Sex chromosome mutations are real and sometimes not harmful. Maybe I was thinking of Y0 only one Y chromosome. Can't remember what my professor said exactly

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I was taught in biology at school that (currently) it is impossible for a child to be born with YY chromosones. It's either XX or XY.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

im curious as to why is that? was there ever any experiments done to create a mammal close to only YY chromosomes?

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
XYY, XXY, XYYY and Incomplete Y on XY. That's from Wikipedia, but I thought I remembered him saying Y0 is possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users